gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2009-04-22, 20:38
Visitor

Source for the litghost rlBabel fork is up on the Assembla page. w00t!
http://code.assembla.com/clannad/subversion/nodes/rldev
Old 2009-05-24, 11:47
DrBlue

Default rlvm 0.6.1 released!

Contains initial support for the CLANNAD English patch, available at the CLANNAD translation wiki’s Assembla page. This is a minor update and only fixes obvious problems early in the game (i.e. crashing at startup). Despite this disclaimer, I haven’t gotten a crash with the SEENr28_FV.TXT currently up on Assembla (though I have only played about half an hour in). Note: The recently posted SEENr30_FV.TXT doesn’t work; I am not sure why.

In addition, this version fixes reported issues with CLANNAD_FV.

Links to old versions removed

Last edited by DrBlue; 2009-06-21 at 16:13. Reason: Links to old versions removed
Old 2009-05-26, 19:04
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBlue View Post
Contains initial support for the CLANNAD English patch, available at the CLANNAD translation wikiís Assembla page. This is a minor update and only fixes obvious problems early in the game (i.e. crashing at startup). Despite this disclaimer, I havenít gotten a crash with the SEENr28_FV.TXT currently up on Assembla (though I have only played about half an hour in). Note: The recently posted SEENr30_FV.TXT doesnít work; I am not sure why.

In addition, this version fixes reported issues with CLANNAD_FV.

Downloads:
Ubuntu (Jaunty) package for x86 machines (version 0.06.1)
Ubuntu (Jaunty) package for amd64 machines (version 0.06.1)
Mac OSX Application (Universal Binary) (version 0.06.1)
Source code (GPLv3)

Okay, the changelog from 28 to 30 is pretty small:
1. Apply Name Fix to KE for Voice Patch version.
2. Change the name fix for SEEN1430 (Fuuko) in both versions to fix a stupid mistake.
3. Editing for parts of After Story, for both versions.
4. Strip debug data (rlc -g) for Full Voice version.* (!!)
**this is most likely what's causing the problem. Sorry about that...
Old 2009-06-21, 16:16
DrBlue

Default rlvm 0.6.2 released!

This is a bugfix release.
  • Fixes regression where G00 animations weren't being played (Seen in Planetarian.)
  • Fixes regression where Yumemi's face in the final scene in Planetarian was being drawn twice because of poor clip rect handling.
  • Support for English patches compiled with debugging symbols stripped.
  • Temporarily disables scrollback due to crash that will be invasive to fix.

Special thanks to Shizuka for putting up with me while I figured out why having no debugging symbols broke everything.

Downloads:
Old links removed

Last edited by DrBlue; 2009-08-16 at 14:54. Reason: Old links removed
Old 2009-07-22, 17:45
Visitor

Is there a way to get voices to work with Kanon. I'm on a mac, and I have Kanon Standard Edition. I am trying to use the PS2 voices ripped from that game. Will it work?
Old 2009-07-23, 20:33
Local

You will have to convert the voices on Windows.

Unless they are already converted.
________
Best penny stocks

Last edited by fireshark; 2011-03-09 at 08:37.
Old 2009-07-24, 15:54
Rasqual Twilight

Just passing by & updating the first post...
Unrelated question, did you ask Haeleth for a possible takeover of the rldev / rlbabel project? I think he wouldn't mind, actually.
Old 2009-07-26, 16:51
DrBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasqual Twilight View Post
Just passing by & updating the first post...
A note for anyone reading. NDT used to put out windows installers and the patching instructions covered that. Now they're distributing it as an archive that you just unpack on top of a Kanon install. The capitalization of the replacement files doesn't match that of the unpatched files. I have a preliminary patching script:

http://github.com/eglaysher/rlvm/blo...anon-en-ndt.sh

But it's definitely beta quality. I've only confirmed that it works on my machine. Hopefully everything will be worked out by the next release of rlvm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasqual Twilight View Post
Unrelated question, did you ask Haeleth for a possible takeover of the rldev / rlbabel project? I think he wouldn't mind, actually.
I haven't. If you're talking about my fork on github, it's mostly for my benefit as I update documentation. If I were to take the project over, I'd feel compelled to make it compile on a modern ocaml...

If you're talking about the embedded copy of rlBabel in rlvm, it's really only the rlBabel interface with a different implementation backing it. (A much simpler implementation since I don't need to do all those evil hacks since I control the ReallLive implementation...) I don't have much interest in maintaining the Windows rlBabel (or Windows software in general...).
Old 2009-08-16, 14:54
DrBlue

Default rlvm 0.6.3 released!

Only new feature is fullscreen support. All other changes are non-user visible.

Old links removed

Last edited by DrBlue; 2009-11-15 at 23:09.
Old 2009-08-30, 11:00
Unregistered

paste the whole error at a pasteit service.
Old 2009-11-15, 23:14
DrBlue

Default rlvm 0.7 released!

rlvm 0.7 is a major update. rlvm now supports AIR, along with several other non-KEY games (see STATUS.TXT). It can now read KOE voice archives used by older games, as well as voice patches that are loose Ogg Vorbis files (such as the one for KANON). In addition, there's been a large number of small, minor graphical fixes, including faces in text boxes, text shadow in text boxes, visual appearance of #SELBTNs (such as in Fuuko's route), and various shading effects.

Because of problems in previous versions of the boost::serialization library, preferences such as text box color and text speed will not be read with rlvm 0.7. Saved games were not subject to the corruption bugs and should continue to work.

There is now a comment system on the rlvm website.

(You may also enjoy reading about rlvm development, if you like stories about programming.)

Old links removed

Last edited by DrBlue; 2010-02-01 at 21:13. Reason: Old links removed
Old 2010-01-23, 14:00
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Not sure why your script for patching Kanon is looking for SEEN0050.TXT in NLDT's 7zip file, because there isn't one.
Old 2010-02-01, 21:13
DrBlue

rlvm 0.8 is a major update focusing on supporting previously unsupported features of RealLive. rlvm now can read HIK animation files, such as those used in the Planetarian opening sequence. rlvm can also now do weather effects: snow, sakura petals, balls of light, etc. These effects are used in pretty much every game I can find. rlvm also now does a better job line-breaking Japanese text. There are certain rules about certain characters not being the first character on a line that rlvm previously failed to implement correctly.

This version contains a fairly serious fix where, on certain graphics card drivers, some (but not all) images would have their blue and red color components swapped.

Due to a combination of my G4 laptop dying, Apple no longer supporting PPC chips with the release of Snow Leopard, and difficulties with several libraries I use on the PPC platform, rlvm 0.8 and future releases will be Intel only on the Mac.

Old links removed

Last edited by DrBlue; 2010-10-16 at 20:05. Reason: Old links removed
Old 2010-02-01, 21:18
DrBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
Not sure why your script for patching Kanon is looking for SEEN0050.TXT in NLDT's 7zip file, because there isn't one.
I assume they've released a different patch then. My script was written in early July and it looks like NDT has done two releases since then. I'll try to whip an updated script together.
Old 2010-02-16, 20:23
DrBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii View Post
I've updated the script for NDT's final patch and tested it locally. It should work now.

An older NDT patch dropped a bunch of SEEN????.TXT files into the Kanon directory; this is how the planetarian patch worked, btw. It looks like they packaged everything up into one SEEN.TXT archive for their final release.