gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 2008-08-26, 16:03
jyuichi's Avatar
jyuichi jyuichi is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 294
Default

This is my view on it:

I respect Peach Princess because first of all they are professional translators, not Japanese students which most of the fan-translators are. They have more resources possibly including access to the original staff to ask questions.

Secondly, an authorized translation financially benefits both the English visual novel scene and the Japanese publisher, where a fan-translation may help the Japanese publisher it does nothing to encourage more translations.

You have played the first one presumably in English since you clearly do not understand Japanese (this is not an insult but a fact; I don't really either). If you played it in English, you played Peach Princess's translation. If you liked it enough to buy the second one why didn't you wait for the official release? The second one was announced before or right after the release of the first and was predicted quite a bit before the release so you have no excuse there.

You complain about how long Peach Princess takes to translate a game above I find that ludicrous, PP works a hell of a lot faster than any fan translator I have ever met.
__________________
Twitter: @jyuichi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 2008-08-26, 16:58
Serrklieth's Avatar
Serrklieth Serrklieth is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Canada!
Posts: 16
Default

What is the difference between the first and second Lightning Warrior Raidy anyway? I played the first, and it wasn't really good at all...

On a side note, I just got Yume Miru Kusuri at Anime Evolution (Canada's biggest anime convention) for 35$, and having played it, I must say I am impressed. Far more than I was (or in this case, wasn't) with Lightning Warrior Raidy.
__________________
Some people say visual novels are expensive... I say nay!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 2008-08-26, 18:44
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Supposedly, the sequel is just like the first, but with more variety, such as the number of characters, monsters, and weapon types. From the demo I tried, I found that there's an automap from the start, as well as some kind of monetary system (for buying potions?). However, the overall experience is the same, and gameplay is equally simplistic.

I also looked at the original PC-98 games, and to my surprise, the remakes are virtually unchanged (identical level layouts, game systems, and battle balance - these are already mediocre by 1994 standards) aside from the audio/visual facelift. I guess that explains why Raidy compares badly with any modern release.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 2008-08-26, 21:14
Comisar Comisar is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
In these circles, most people pay little attention to the titles released by Peach Princess/G-Collections. Only a small handful of games actually gets praised, and Raidy isn't among them
In these circles they are the only one who get payed for there work so dont sell me that "most people pay little attention" nonsence because from what i see in this an other forums Peach Princess playes an important role just not the god's kinde role some people think it playes.


Quote:
So no, there isn't any kind of Peach Princess worship going on. The point (besides the fact that Raidy 2 would be an unlikely candidate for fan translation even if G-Collections hadn't announced a release) is that it's a waste of energy to translate what's already being done.
Raidy 2 would be an unlikely candidate for fan translation even if G-Collections?
Is that your informed opinion after visiting all sorts of sites or maybe is your profesional opinion after years and years of translation?
The "translate what's already being done" point has been made thre times now so pay atention because i wont come with another explication.



Quote:
I don't know about torrents, but the game is readily available on free download services. Links are still alive.
Why dont you just show these links or maybe you are afraid of indengering your Unregistered Guest status..



Quote:
Whoever told you that is thinking of anime fansubs (or the Nintendo ROM translation scene from a decade ago), which require far less work and Japanese/technical proficiency. As of now, there aren't many people involved with game translation.
This again comes after your long research profesor Unregistered Guest and i bow down to your unquestioned skils....

Quote:
No matter where you look, no one's going to translate a visual novel simply because you want to play it.
Again, another point that has been made three times now and answers twice (you are the unlucky third).

Quote:
Quite frankly, Raidy is the obscure game that few care about. It's only notable for being the first H RPG released in the US since Brave Soul (another unexceptional game).
Sure it is profesor..

Jyuichi
Quote:
Secondly, an authorized translation financially benefits both the English visual novel scene and the Japanese publisher, where a fan-translation may help the Japanese publisher it does nothing to encourage more translations.
Yaa and i am sure that your windows is genuine because you suporte microsoft and Bill Gates for a bug free vista and all your programs have been processed because you suport all of them..please give me a brake.

Quote:
If you liked it enough to buy the second one why didn't you wait for the official release?
Because i work in online sale's and i know how this game works, we all have a sale's plan so does Peach Princess and this is an informed opinion.

Serrklieth

Quote:
What is the difference between the first and second Lightning Warrior Raidy anyway? I played the first, and it wasn't really good at all...

On a side note, I just got Yume Miru Kusuri at Anime Evolution (Canada's biggest anime convention) for 35$, and having played it, I must say I am impressed. Far more than I was (or in this case, wasn't) with Lightning Warrior Raidy
Well there are a lot of options that may or may not change your path in the game plus there is animated scenes like in hentay movies.
As further as you advance in the game the more complicated it gets but is still an excelent game in my opinion.

Last edited by Comisar; 2008-08-27 at 02:24.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 2008-08-26, 21:52
zalas zalas is offline
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: fushigi misuterii
Posts: 1,831
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default

Let's assume for the moment that Comisar isn't just someone who sucks at trolling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comisar
Some games have stayed for months and months under the label
Quote:
"In development - preorder now for free shipping"
just to see how many people are intrested (and preorder) so they can see if is worf the trouble of translating.
It seems you are not quite familiar with how licensing acquisitions work so I'll explain... Peach Princess would find themselves in legal trouble with Japanese companies if it started posting that they have acquired such and such title and that it's up for preorder if they have not actually acquired the title. If they, on the other hand, have acquired the title, it means they've paid or owe the Japanese companies some good amount of money. No thriving company is going to be stupid enough to incur an expense and sit around not capitalizing on the investment just to see "if it was a good idea."

Quote:
I can see most of you look at the Peach Princess team as some kind of gods and that make's me to belive that i am clearly in the wrong place...someone told me that the "translate game" is like a competition with people dying to get ahead but from what i see you are just like third grade assistant hooping and dreaming that one day the masters will notest you and and allow you to bring the coffe permanently to there office.
I personally know people who work there and no, I don't treat them as deities, though Peter would be amused... Your "translation" competition sounds like you're thinking of cutthroat fansubbing from China... And by the way, if they're only competing on speed, the end result is that you'll have the most craptacular translations ever...

Quote:
Raidy 2 would be an unlikely candidate for fan translation even if G-Collections?
Is that your informed opinion after visiting all sorts of sites or maybe is your profesional opinion after years and years of translation?
The "translate what's already being done" point has been made thre times now so pay atention because i wont come with another explication.
Let's put it this way... I've been part of the fan translation scene for these types of games since it started and have observed and/or participated in a majority of these projects and it is my opinion that Lightning Warrior Raidy 2 would be a waste of time to translate. Is that opinion good enough for you now? :p

Quote:
Why dont you just show these links or maybe you are afraid of indengering your Unregistered Guest status..
Any translator worth their salt would be able to locate these games easily through all the illicit Japanese channels. If you think someone who can translate enough Japanese to fill a few novels can't figure out how to use a Japanese P2P program, then I'd like to have some of what you're smoking.

Quote:
Yaa and i am sure that your windows is genuine because you suporte microsoft and Bill Gates for a bug free vista and all your programs have been processed because you suport all of them..please give me a brake.
Actually, all the copies of Windows I use are genuine. I got them for free from my school, since Microsoft really likes to indoctrinate all the future CS students into using Microsoft products. :) Though I do feel bad for the poor people who have to use Vista...

And by the way, if you're the adult who you claim you are, at least write sensible English sentences. Your writing is worse than a MangaGamer rough translation...
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 2008-08-26, 22:40
Comisar Comisar is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Let's assume for the moment that Comisar isn't just someone who sucks at trolling...
Calling each other names now?
The simple option for someone with no real arguments...

Quote:
seems you are not quite familiar with how licensing acquisitions work so I'll explain... Peach Princess would find themselves in legal trouble with Japanese companies if it started posting that they have acquired such and such title and that it's up for preorder if they have not actually acquired the title. If they, on the other hand, have acquired the title, it means they've paid or owe the Japanese companies some good amount of money. No thriving company is going to be stupid enough to incur an expense and sit around not capitalizing on the investment just to see "if it was a good idea."
Every 5 year old know's about the history of licensing acquisitions but this is not the case and if you had indead read my post's you would had saved some time.

Quote:
I personally know people who work there and no, I don't treat them as deities, though Peter would be amused... Your "translation" competition sounds like you're thinking of cutthroat fansubbing from China... And by the way, if they're only competing on speed, the end result is that you'll have the most craptacular translations ever...
Sure thing Nostradamus...

Quote:
Let's put it this way... I've been part of the fan translation scene for these types of games since it started and have observed and/or participated in a majority of these projects and it is my opinion that Lightning Warrior Raidy 2 would be a waste of time to translate. Is that opinion good enough for you now? :p
I am suppose ti take your word for it?
Even so i participated in a majority of masses when i was a child and i am no priest.

Quote:
Any translator worth their salt would be able to locate these games easily through all the illicit Japanese channels
Again, please do so..
O yaa you are not a "translator worth his salt".

Quote:
Actually, all the copies of Windows I use are genuine. I got them for free from my school, since Microsoft really likes to indoctrinate all the future CS students into using Microsoft products. :) Though I do feel bad for the poor people who have to use Vista...
That all depends on what kind of windows because i am sure you are not using any less the a xp-profesional-swp3 and dont tell me that you school gives these out for free...

Quote:
And by the way, if you're the adult who you claim you are, at least write sensible English sentences. Your writing is worse than a MangaGamer rough translation...
English is not my first language and my country is not yet (thank God) influent with american "culture" like yours.
Funny, you drop a few bombs and years later people are ashamed with there culture are and yelling corrections in your language...
Actually is not funny but..sad.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 2008-08-26, 22:56
GatoNegro's Avatar
GatoNegro GatoNegro is offline
Local
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rokkenjima
Posts: 109
Default

Comisar lets see the true, you will never see the game translated by anyone less than peachprincess, and thats all, no no, you can search for every forum in the world and they will tell you that NO for the simple reason that the game don't worth the trouble to translate, lol there are hundreds and hundreds of excellent Avg and Visual Novels that are far better than Raidy and they are not tranlslated!

Really haeleth or other moderator just close the thread because obviously he will never understand what's is saying here.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 2008-08-26, 22:57
zalas zalas is offline
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: fushigi misuterii
Posts: 1,831
Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comisar View Post
Calling each other names now?
The simple option for someone with no real arguments...
Quote:
Sure thing Nostradamus...
:D

Quote:
Every 5 year old know's about the history of licensing acquisitions
How many 5 year olds actually know what licensing means?
Quote:
but this is not the case
Wait a minute, so you're saying you are wrong?
Quote:
and if you had indead read my post's you would had saved some time.
I don't know... I feel as if reading your posts ends up wasting time instead of saving time.

Quote:
I am suppose ti take your word for it?
Even so i participated in a majority of masses when i was a child and i am no priest.
Tip: English, while not as extreme as Japanese, is context-sensitive.

Quote:
That all depends on what kind of windows because i am sure you are not using any less the a xp-profesional-swp3 and dont tell me that you school gives these out for free...
I'm currently using Windows XP SP2 since I haven't downloaded the update from Microsoft yet and I obtained my CD from the school before SP3 came out. And yes, my school gives them out for free, as do many schools with a computer science program in the United States.

Quote:
English is not my first language and my country is not yet (thank God) influent with american "culture" like yours.
Funny, you drop a few bombs and years later people are ashamed with there culture are and yelling corrections in your language...
Actually is not funny but..sad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...icial_language
でもさ、お前、日本語もわからんだろう?もしかして、ルーマニア語を使うつもり?
__________________
~Yoda is waiting in the air~ | HAVEN
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 2008-08-26, 23:48
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

I call troll.

Also,
Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...icial_language
でもさ、お前、日本語もわからんだろう?もしかして、ルーマニア語を使うつもり?
無理だよ。コミサルは馬鹿しか話さん
__________________
www.erogenews.com

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-08-27 at 00:01.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 2008-08-26, 23:52
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comisar View Post
Why dont you just show these links or maybe you are afraid of indengering your Unregistered Guest status..


found a seeded torrent nearly instantly on google, here is a hint, the Japanese name is 雷の戦士ライディII
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 2008-08-27, 02:04
Comisar Comisar is offline
Visitor
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
How many 5 year olds actually know what licensing means?
Is a figure of speech brainstrain.

Quote:
Wait a minute, so you're saying you are wrong?
No i dont, but try to read it again maybe this time you will get it...


Quote:
I don't know... I feel as if reading your posts ends up wasting time instead of saving time.
Dont say that after posting kilometers in this thred, it makes like a hypocrite...

Quote:
I'm currently using Windows XP SP2 since I haven't downloaded the update from Microsoft yet and I obtained my CD from the school before SP3 came out. And yes, my school gives them out for free, as do many schools with a computer science program in the United States.
So that is a "special" school and you are a "special" child...
Sorry then, i dont want to offend children in your situation...

So what say is that you are from Uganda and you are planing to come and hunt me with a stick and a rock?

Quote:
でもさ、お前、日本語もわからんだろう?もしかして、ルーマニア語を使うつもり?
Use whatever you want...

Asceai
Quote:
"無理だよ。コミサルは馬鹿しか話さん" It is impossible.Comisaru speaks only foolishness.
At least try to be a man and offend me in a language you think i can understand...

Quote:
found a seeded torrent nearly instantly on google, here is a hint, the Japanese name is 雷の戦士ライディII
No shit Sherlock, you just found ZyX Hompage where you can buy the game..
Well done.

Last edited by Comisar; 2008-08-27 at 02:20.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 2008-08-27, 02:07
Enerccio's Avatar
Enerccio Enerccio is offline
Obsessive
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 302
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis View Post
You're so cute when you try to play 'responsible mature forumgoer'.
You are not cute when you troll each forum topic that has something wrong with your view on morals and piracy and etc... it's getting tiring.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 2008-08-27, 02:44
Asceai's Avatar
Asceai Asceai is offline
Posts way too much
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comisar View Post
Asceai

At least try to be a man and offend me in a language you think i can understand...
Why not run Raidy II through your automatic translator?
__________________
www.erogenews.com

Last edited by Asceai; 2008-08-27 at 02:55.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 2008-08-27, 03:24
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Considering Comisar's proficiency in English, would an English version of any game profit him anyway? Save perhaps in order to learn English itself?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 2008-08-27, 03:58
stranger_offline
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile title won't run through google translator

No offense to anybody, but this is the funnies thread opened in this forum so far. Thanks guys.

Comisar, I'll not got into the game details or what I think of it (I ordered the first one, but haven't played it yet). But it is clear that the ones who can translate and are hanging in this forum are not interested in translating Raidy 2. So please man, move on to another forum.

P.S. you do know that the JAST release will have uncensored CGs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
exe patch for desire dungeon some_loli_catgirl Production & Help 0 2013-05-27 12:26
[Soul Link] English Patch - who is doing it? Wuya General Discussion 5 2008-08-29 07:18
Little Busters Trial (English Patch) Richard 23 General Discussion 4 2008-08-05 06:02
Ever17 English Error Correction Patch dsp2003 Technical Issues 7 2008-04-25 12:44
Planetarian English patch not working... eternal Technical Issues 5 2007-10-26 09:37


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 15:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.