gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-06-11, 16:42

Default Any chance of Clover Heart's Translation?

Hey, I recently read the review on visual-novels.net for clover hearts, and therefore decided to try out the game. Although my Japanese may suck, I managed to get through a bit of it with AGTH, and am now wondering: do you think there will ever be a translation for this game? I imagine it should not be difficult to hack, and it really is a great game overall. Has this game caught anyone's eye? Might it be on some translators list of games to translate? If not, I'll just try to enjoy it, but it really is good...
Old 2008-06-11, 17:28
Posts way too much

Not that I know of. You'll find that >99% of visual novels are never even considered for translation, and I don't think Clover Heart's is _that_ well known. (I hadn't heard of it before now)

EDIT: Hmm, it's pretty well rated. And... are those twins? Okay, got my interest =P
Old 2008-06-11, 17:37
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

This question gets asked alot. As a translator, here's a little secret for getting as translation project to magically appear.

First find a game you want translated.
Second, find someone skilled enough to translate.

Now the hard parts.

Third, convince them that it's the greatest thing since sliced bread and is worth 6-12 months of man hours of their life to do it.
Fourth, make sure that they love it enough that they don't die off partway.
Fifth, help them assemble a team (read my project mgmt guides! >_>) and actually do it.

Finally,

Hope it all works out, and don't bother making baseless announcements until you have something to show for it.

Note, coercion doesn't usually work for step3. Convince them and let them decide on their own, it all depends on their stamina and willingness to continue.
Old 2008-06-11, 17:40
Akira

While coercion doesn't work, I guarentee you denpa does.
Old 2008-06-11, 18:23
Posts way too much

Yes. I only started translating Devil on the G String because I'm confident I won't see a better game that I'd rather translate appear before I'm done with the project.
Old 2008-06-11, 21:02

Ok, thank you so much for your help everyone. I really appreciate it. Maybe I could translate it myself, but I'm pretty unsure of myself... I am only just learning. Are there any tools you guys would recommend for removing/inserting text? I know I should probably just do the research myself, and I'm going to, but a leg-up sure would be nice :P And oh yes, on a different note: Asceai, good luck on your project, I really look forward to it! Best of luck!
Old 2008-06-12, 00:29
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrklieth View Post
Ok, thank you so much for your help everyone. I really appreciate it. Maybe I could translate it myself, but I'm pretty unsure of myself... I am only just learning. Are there any tools you guys would recommend for removing/inserting text? I know I should probably just do the research myself, and I'm going to, but a leg-up sure would be nice :P And oh yes, on a different note: Asceai, good luck on your project, I really look forward to it! Best of luck!
If you are willing to devote that much time and effort, you can find people to help you along the way. You don't need to be an expert on Japanese either, nearly all the other translators are still learning as well, most look at it as a means to practice.

There are as many tools as they are game engines. First, you need to determine what engine the games is based upon. If you are not sure, you can upload the main executable and some related files to a file sharing site and link it here so people can tell you which one.
Old 2008-06-12, 03:57
Obsessive

If anyone can fund my Japanese lessons, I might go into eroge translation.

I plan to get scripts up in 6 months or less once I nail that JLPT1. That's 6 years there.
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2008-06-16, 03:52
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
EDIT: Hmm, it's pretty well rated. And... are those twins? Okay, got my interest =P
It is pretty good, with the themes addressed in a pretty mature way --contrary to what the characters' look may imply. I highly recommend it.
Old 2008-06-21, 11:48
kouryuu

So I finally got around to playing the trial, and I will say, its got me interested... but the price tag of 6000+円 for a used copy makes me hesitate...Devil on a G-string is cheaper... hmm, decisions decisions, tough decisions...

「俺の妹め!」と何度も何度も叫ぶぐらい気に入ったけど…

That demo feels really long though...like almost its own game length entirely...
Any thing from owners of it?
Old 2008-06-21, 12:03
Visitor

Would love to see this as well l~
Old 2008-06-24, 04:58
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu View Post
That demo feels really long though...like almost its own game length entirely...
Any thing from owners of it?
It's been a long time (2005...) so I don't recall much, but IIRC the prologue merely approaches the beginning of Madoka's arc, which is merely the top of the iceberg. Half of Chapter One, IIRC.
So, don't worry, there are way more to find out that what the demo gives. Way more.
Old 2008-06-24, 13:46
Posts way too much

nota's site lists it has having 2.10mb of text, which is pretty lengthy as far as VNs go (although there are a lot of longer ones).