gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-02-23, 04:37
adun50

Default Clannad Movie

http://www.clannad-movie.jp/

Well it's not much but the official site will be open in a few weeks. Can't wait.
Old 2007-02-23, 05:34
velocity7

Indeed. I shall hope the movie brings more interest to my translation project. :)
Old 2007-02-23, 06:00
Willy@m

Frontier Works announced their popular PC / PS2 love adventure game "CLANNAD (Clannad)"will be adapted to an animated film version which will hit theaters in Japan by the end of 2007. Osamu Dezaki (BlackJack, GOLGO 13) is directing (we first reported on January 7th he revealed completing storyboard work on the project). Toei is handling animation duties and character designs are being covered by Itaru Hinoue (Kiddie Grade). The movie's production was first announced at the 2006 Tokyo Anime Fair in March.

http://www.animenewsservice.com
Old 2007-02-23, 06:09
Regular

More interest? I was plenty interested to begin with, believe me :P
Old 2007-02-23, 06:38
Regular

I don't know......

Toei was responsible for the 2k2 Kanon anime, which was hardly "Kanon" to begin with. And then they were responsible for AIR The Movie, which was hardly "AIR" at all.

I'm as interested in CLANNAD's storyline as any KEY fan, but just from their track record alone, I have no confidence that I'll get the real CLANNAD from Toei's third KEY adaptation. I think I'll give this one a miss (unless reviews prove my suspicions wrong), and pin my hopes on a possible KyoAni adaptation of CLANNAD in the future. :p
Old 2007-02-23, 07:15
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

I actually really enjoyed the Toei AIR movie. It was a very good interpretation of the story and kept the "feel" of the original game to it, even though it utilized different storytelling and mechanics. I personally prefer for Toei to do adaptions of Key's works as movies and let an anime studio (hopefully for KyoAni, but seeing their track records, its most like 90% assured) to make the actual "series" for the game. It would be very difficult for anyone to shove an entire Key story into a two hour block without it being incredibly a) crappy or b) disjointed. And that would just result in even less happy fans >_>;;.
Old 2007-02-23, 08:09
velocity7

Agreed. Actually, most anime movies nowadays only get 90 minutes.
Old 2007-02-23, 10:20
DG1

I'm just wondering what will Toei Animation do to crap... Ooops... wrong word... cramp CLANNAD's story... I just hope they won't twist their personality just like what they did with AIR :p, and I also hope they use a lot of BGM in this one because that's one of the factor AIR (movie) is lacking too. Anyway, I'm just wondering how will Toei Animation portray Tomoya's life (the really sad one & and the not so sad one) :3
Old 2007-02-23, 10:21
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

They'll probably just focus on one character like they did in AIR, and everyone else will show up as 3 second cameos >_>;;...
Old 2007-02-23, 10:33
Unregistered

Didn't some poster up last year that had a scene from Ushio's route?

...I really don't see how they'd be able to fit all of the Nagisa route, After Story, and Ushio route into 90 minutes.

Ushio route with flashbacks to parts of Nagisa's (like during that bit in the train in which Tomoya tells Ushio about her mother), then?

That'd mean an original or really crappy ending, though. :/
Old 2007-02-23, 12:09

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy@m View Post
Frontier Works announced their popular PC / PS2 love adventure game "CLANNAD (Clannad)"will be adapted to an animated film version which will hit theaters in Japan by the end of 2007. Osamu Dezaki (BlackJack, GOLGO 13) is directing (we first reported on January 7th he revealed completing storyboard work on the project). Toei is handling animation duties and character designs are being covered by Itaru Hinoue (Kiddie Grade). The movie's production was first announced at the 2006 Tokyo Anime Fair in March.

http://www.animenewsservice.com
(emphases mine)

Good job, ANS. Don't know how you managed to translate Megumi Kadonosono into Itaru Hinoue -.-;
Old 2007-02-23, 14:50
Asmadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy@m View Post
Toei is handling animation duties and character designs are being covered by Itaru Hinoue (Kiddie Grade)
Besides being late like usual, since when was Megumi Kadonosono the character designer for Kanon and AIR?

And while Toei's Kanon series was of questionable quality, AIR was a great theatrical effort. I enjoyed it more than the anime series.
Old 2007-02-24, 10:32
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum

Great! Another movie to look out for! That makes two I'm anticipating this year. (The other one being Kara no Kyoukai)

Now, is Itaru Hinoue doing the character designs or is it Megumi Kadonosono? I'm confused x.x If it's Kadonosono, I hope it has the same quality as Uta Kata did ^^.

Ja, ne
-Rai
Old 2007-02-24, 11:12
Unregistered

Quote:
Besides being late like usual, since when was Megumi Kadonosono the character designer for Kanon and AIR?
No one said she had anything to do with Kanon or Air - just the upcoming Clannad movie.

Quote:
is Itaru Hinoue doing the character designs or is it Megumi Kadonosono?
Itaru Hinoue = VisualArt's original character designer
Megumi Kadonosono = illustrator for the movie (she'll redraw the characters)

Hinoue has never provided the character designs for an animation adaptation.
Old 2007-02-24, 11:48

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I have enjoyed Megumi Kadonosono's art in the past, so I'm looking forward to her take on the Clannad character designs. (Will give bonus points if she also draws a Clanyad <_<) And I just found out the other day that she is actually married to Keiji Gotoh (another member of gimik), and that explains a few things... to which my friend asked "Do they do H doujinshi together?" XD;