gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-10-27, 22:52
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu
Default Humorous Media Contest

Wow..., its been a long time since I've been able to visit here. I think nearly a month and a half. I want to apologize for the lack of presence during that duration (and most likely the increased spam that came with it). Unfortunately, I'm still a bit tangled in a messy real life, and I hope to be able to return back fulltime to the Gemot.

Anyways, just saying I'm sorry for the neglect to VN/Gemot the past month and a half wouldn't personally make me feel satisfied, so I decided to do this for the Gemot's members:

The Humorous Media Contest!
The task is to make something funny related to visual novels (Japanese made) or visual novel related anime. The obvious easy answer is make a modified screenshot or one of those humorous black border things with white catch phrases on the bottom that you see everywhere on the internet. Any media is welcome though, pictures, written, music, video, amv or even a game itself as long as its funny.

So some ideas of possible submissions:
Modified screencaps from games
Humorous fan art
AMVs (must be under three minutes)
Short Prose (must be under three MS Word pages)
Remixs/Mods on Music
Fan animation (must be under three minutes)
Game parodies [built on a game engine itself using either fan drawn art or ripping it straight from the target game itself] (game clear time must five minutes with realistic reading speed)

Submissions deadlines for simple media such as picture/music/prose ect entries is one week from today, November 3rd at 10PM Pacific Standard Time. Submissions deadlines for more complex media such as fan animation/game parodies/videos ect is a week and a half from today, November 7th at 10PM Pacific Standard Time.

Voting will be done from November 3rd through November 6th for the first round of submissions, and from November 7th to November 11th for the second round of submissions.

Prizes will be awarded to the first and second place winner of each round.

Prizes
Prizes will come from my personal selection, so there isnt a terribly huge selection.
Key's AIR (2CD 18+ version) (JP)
Key's Kanon Standard Edition (all ages) (JP)
Alcot's Triptych (18+) (JP)
Unisonshift's Forget me Not (18+) (JP)
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (first compilation/volumes 1-4) (JP)
Air Rade (JP)
Air Rade -Summer- (JP)
Eternal Fighter Zero -Memorial- (JP)
Air for Dreamcast (JP)
Memories Off for PS2 (Korean)
Various JAST Empirate games (winners get a pick of two English games)
Various Hirameki games (winners get a pick of two English games)
Saber Plushie
Dark Saber Kadokawa Set
R1 set of Tsukihime DVDs
Tsukihime Manga Set
Little Busters First Soundtrack

Rules
1) Submitted content can be ecchi, but keep it PG-16.
2) Submissions must be an original work, you cant just steal it off Nico.
3) The mods (zalas, dovac, and I) are allowed to remove any submission for whatever reason if we feel the need to do so.
4) Rude comments or offensive entries will not be tolerated.
5) It must be somewhat humorous. This is a humor contest!

Instructions
(For all submission, if you can attach it using the forums built in attachment function, please attach a copy of your submission)
[it's fine if you cant becuase of X restriction as long as a copy gets put up somehow]
If posting a picture which takes up more the 700 pixel across, please use an external link to the picture.
If posting prose, please do not post the prose inline. Either attach it or point it to an external link.
If posting a large file (such as video/game/ect), if you do not have your own server, you may just upload it to a file distribution service such as Megaupload or Rapidshare and we will update the link with a local copy when we get the chance.

FAQ
Can I submit more the one item?
You can submit as many as you like, but if you exceed three, before the voting rounds, we will ask you which three you would prefer to keep in voting.

If I finish my video/game/animation before the first round of voting, should I post it up before or just want for the second round of voting?
The early you get something up, the better, as you'll get comments from the community. If you have a video/game/animation item submitted before the first voting round, it will be put into both the first and second voting round. The second voting round is soley for complex media though.

Can I participate internationally?
Sure, just make sure your country will let me ship the prizes you have selected. Oh, and I'm not responsible for any taxes or tariffs on the items.

Can I participate if I'm under 18?
Sure, you'll have to sign a waiver though if you select one of the more "questionable" prizes.

Does the entry have to be made in the time period of the contest?
No, things you have made in the past can be submitted to the contest, but try to have some decent way to "prove" that your the owner of the file.
Old 2007-10-27, 23:15
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

An I guess I'll start off with the first submission / example:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lightblue.jpg
Views:	367
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	39  
Old 2007-10-27, 23:40
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Misu's alive.

Does that count?
Old 2007-10-27, 23:49
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Misu's alive.

Does that count?
Misu's online.

Since I saw him a couple weeks ago. Well, I *think* that was him. I didn't touch him so I don't know if it was a robot, projection, or something else. Like miso soup or broken DNS.
Old 2007-10-27, 23:53
Addicted

Projection >_>;;...
Astral...., I was in a coma really..., at the local hospital <.<;;
Old 2007-10-28, 06:58
rodan

Does the entry have to be made from now to the deadline, or can it have been made previously?
Old 2007-10-28, 09:26
Addicted

Previous is fine. Thats why theres the limit of three items for voting.
Old 2007-10-28, 12:22
rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu View Post
Previous is fine. Thats why theres the limit of three items for voting.
Oh, I see. I was thinking about submitting the three Ever17 timelines, but then I remembered that they were already anonymously posted on 4chan, and I have no proof that they are mine (except for high res pdf files, maybe). So I'll just make something completely new.
Old 2007-10-28, 16:59
Obsessive

Is that timeline humorous? XD
Old 2007-10-28, 20:33
Unregistered

See for yourself.
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1...eathnotjm2.jpg
Old 2007-10-30, 12:24
rodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh wow, it's so well-known on /a/ that I even have unregistered users posting it for me.

Here's the second one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...imeline2-1.jpg

Third one is still text only, so maybe I'll finalize that for the contest.
It's not really even a "timeline" as it lacks dates, but it's more "background information" on Leiblich's founders, Irie Kyousuke (Higurashi), Jail Scaglietti (Nanoha StrikerS), and Scythe Master Giuseppe (Phantom of Inferno).

I'm also working on an Ever17 AMV, and tabloid magazine... based mostly on Ever17. And that's three.

I'm starting to worry if I've become too much of an Ever17 fanboy.
Old 2007-10-30, 17:47
Unregistered

Wouldn't know if it's well known. I'm an old Anonymous, and I own Ever17 myself.
I tell you, becoming a massive fanboy (nearing creepily obsessed) is nothing but normal. So, saving about anything related to that game is a sort of hobby for me. As it's likely to be for you as well.

Anyway, more on topic, I come to this forum everyday. Each time, I read this topic's name as 'Humongous Media Contest', and keep expecting to find 5000x2500 images or novel-szied stories..
..yeah.
That's all.
Old 2007-10-30, 18:08
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I'm making an ONscripter game for this.

It shall be epic.
Old 2007-11-01, 08:51
Obsessive

Can I enter my sig?
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2007-11-01, 10:53
Addicted

I don't see why not, as I can definitely attribute that phrase to you =P.