gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-17, 08:20

Default Air?

Anyone played Air? It's not as well known as Kanon (no anime for one thing) but it's supposed to be about as good.
Old 2003-12-17, 12:06
Visitor

Send a message via ICQ to Articflame Send a message via AIM to Articflame Send a message via MSN to Articflame Send a message via Yahoo to Articflame

IMO its just as good, well worth the money.
Old 2003-12-17, 13:20
Ex-boss

It's possibly even better. It's a bit more polished, for one thing, and it helps that it uses a newer version of the engine. Although the story is a bit weird, particularly Minagi's scenario...
Old 2003-12-17, 19:47
Local

Send a message via AIM to RyokoTenchi

i have not been able to find a copy of Air that i can play. saldy i cannot read kanji. i know some japanese words but i do not know kanji so i am kinda stuck hehe.
Old 2003-12-18, 01:58
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Bust Nak

Minagi's scenario is no more weird than Makoto's or Mai's scenario. I think what is more important is that there are no non-weird scenario in Air. In Kanon not all scenario have a fantasy ending.

I have just finished both Minagi's ending, I prefer hers to Misuzu's. For anyone wanting to buy Air, I recommend the all age version, I felt the endings were spoiled somewhat with the adult content.

--------------
「邪気にあてられて、自分を見失ったのね。父様を探しに行くの。あなた、邪魔よ」
Old 2003-12-18, 12:13
Local

well i would love to buy this and many other visual novels but i cannot seem to find out where i can buy an english version. does anyone know a way i could contact the companies to let them now we love thier stuff too?

Kevin: Quick Marty! We've got to get you back to the future!
Scott: Dammit Kevin stop making fun of my DeLeorean!!
Old 2003-12-18, 12:14
Ex-boss

Quote:
i cannot seem to find out where i can buy an english version. does anyone know a way i could contact the companies to let them now we love thier stuff too?
Unfortunately the market is basically too small for it to be worth the money involved in releasing official English versions. Even in Japan the market is quite small, that's why the games are so expensive. It's no coincidence that all the bishoujo games that do get English releases are hardcore hentai stuff - not many Americans are interested in reading heartwarming romance on their computer screen.

Where AIR is concerned, you may not be out of luck permanently. I'm personally aware of at least two AIR fan translation projects having started. They're almost certainly dead by now, but you never know.

Quote:
For anyone wanting to buy Air, I recommend the all age version, I felt the endings were spoiled somewhat with the adult content.
Not to mention that the all age version is about $20 cheaper. ;)

As an aside, I found it rather interesting that the Minagi H stuff only comes in the "bad ending". And there still seems to be some doubt whether Clannad will have an adult version at all. So maybe someone at Key shares your opinion...

And, as a total aside, I've been pondering whether or not it might be worth adding a "disable adult content" option to Kanon. After all, there will be people who buy the adult version and then wish they hadn't, and it would be quite easy to let them censor it.
Old 2003-12-19, 01:09
Regular

Hey boss. A quick self introduction as a new member. I am a Chinese, I have learnt a bit of Japanese during my univercity days, along with being able to read kanji, I know just about enough Japanese to get me through To Heart with the aid of Jdict. Kanon and Air being more "heavy" are quite a bit more difficult than To Heart though. I am fortunate enough to get hold of a Chinese script to Air, I am picking up more Japanese vocab by playing through it with the help of the script. I am currently taking a break from Air after finishing an Ending for Minagi, it just doesn't feel right to "switch target" so soon :)

When you say disable do you mean black out/skip the adult screens or can you replace it with scenes from the all age version? If you are able to convert the adult version to the all age version via a patch it'll be great.

I got Kanon and Air at the same time, both adult version. If I am given the choice now I would have gone for the all age versions instead. This time round I will definitely go for the all age Clannad, as soon as the voice patch as avaliable :)
Old 2003-12-19, 05:26
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bust Nak
When you say disable do you mean black out/skip the adult screens or can you replace it with scenes from the all age version? If you are able to convert the adult version to the all age version via a patch it'll be great.
There aren't any extra scenes in the all-age version; the adult scenes are simply cut, and while there are a few new CGs, those are used with existing text.

Obviously I couldn't add the new CGs, but it would be trivial to add an option to skip the adult scenes, which would give you pretty much exactly the same script as in the all-age version. Do you think that's worth doing?

(I can do the same for AIR, too, if you like.)
Old 2003-12-19, 12:09
Local

if thats what people want than sure that sounds like a great idea to me. i did not even know i had the adult version till haeleth should me how to find out hehe.

Kevin: Quick Marty! We've got to get you back to the future!
Scott: Dammit Kevin stop making fun of my DeLeorean!!
Old 2003-12-19, 18:35
Local

Default Versions

There's a quick 'n easy way to find out if the version we're using? Would it be ok if you could enlighten me as to how this can be done?

Thanks!
Old 2003-12-20, 01:39
Ex-boss

For Kanon, yes. Look in your Kanon folder. If the EXE file there is AVG3216M.EXE, you've got the adult version. If it's AVG3217M.EXE, you've got the all-age version.
Even quicker and easier is to look on the box; this works for AIR, too. If there's a sticker on the side saying 18, well, I'll put it this way - that isn't the number of awards the game won. :รพ
Old 2003-12-21, 01:08
Regular

It will definitely be worth it, espically if you think it wouldn't be difficult to add it. It would be great if you can patch Air too. As for new CGs, I can probably find them online somewhere if I look so it wouldn't matter, and Key's game is more about the story than the Graphics anyway.
Old 2003-12-21, 03:37
Ex-boss

Well, it's on my "to do" list. I should be able to get it done some time over Christmas.
Old 2003-12-23, 16:12

Does the patch work witht the ps2 all age version?
Closed Thread