gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-08-28, 10:10
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Mmmm.. Well, a little bit of news wouldn't be out of line.

Haeleth's gone AWOL for a number of months throughout the project, and is currently MIA. That thing known as Life has certainly sunk its teeth into him. As such, I've taken over the entire project until contact can be re-established.

Many helpful hands in #denpa have provided much needed help on the project, everything from engine bug fixes, improvements, builds on multiple platforms and testing. Same goes to the tiny group of editors providing feedback, and other various support duties.

Over the time since the project started, everyone who was contributing has gotten full time jobs, and the economy crashing pretty much meant we have been putting in 11 hour days in the office regularly and mental resources are scare.
Old 2009-08-28, 10:16
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Woah! Two incredible posts!

Thanks to the both for you! (For BOTH the plot run though, and the translation update!)
It's not much, but its still more than enough for me! :D
Old 2010-01-16, 21:09
Unregistered

Any updates?
I don't want to be rude, but I am curious :3
Old 2010-03-27, 08:19
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any updates?
I don't want to be rude, but I am curious :3
I hear it's coming out next week.

cum grano salis of course
Old 2010-03-30, 21:49

Send a message via AIM to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via MSN to Maxine MagicFox Send a message via Yahoo to Maxine MagicFox

:3 So excited~~!!

The official website is here: http://www.neechin.net/narcissu/

The links to download the game will appear on the Project Downloads page.
Old 2010-04-04, 07:01
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Wow...
That was well worth the weight of three years. I just finished, and can honestly say the story really touched me. Though it was a lighter tale then the first one, it was nonetheless powerful.

Thank you for translating that for us to read Ag.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:40
Unregistered

I think I found a few bugs.
When the epilogue, well first read is done, an epilogue flashes on the title screen, then disappears.
Some of the songs with longer names, the ones on Narci1, seem to be cut off.
Old 2010-04-04, 23:55
Local

It's supposed to be flashing, as you need to read both Narcissu 1 and 2 to read it. It's teasing you.
Old 2010-04-05, 12:16
Regular

I didn't see a bug-report section on the website, so maybe I'll just post it here.

At one point where Setsumi was eating ice cream in the hospital cafe with Himeko, Himeko was bragging about how she has a Class M (or something) driving license.

Setsumi inquired as to whether that's an amazing feat, to which she replied

"Not so much, no" (or something alone those lines)
^ That line is not voiced when I went through it.

When I scrolled back with textlog, it was highlightable when my mouse hovered over it (indicating if clicked, the voice should play), however no sound came out when clicked.

It's been a good 2 years since I went through the original in Japanese, so I can't recall if this was present in the original version also or if it's just particular to the English localization.
Old 2010-04-05, 14:30
Local

While we're at it, some point in the story a "muffler" is given as a present...
Is that right?
Old 2010-04-05, 19:34
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ae772 View Post
I didn't see a bug-report section on the website, so maybe I'll just post it here.

At one point where Setsumi was eating ice cream in the hospital cafe with Himeko, Himeko was bragging about how she has a Class M (or something) driving license.

Setsumi inquired as to whether that's an amazing feat, to which she replied

"Not so much, no" (or something alone those lines)
^ That line is not voiced when I went through it.

When I scrolled back with textlog, it was highlightable when my mouse hovered over it (indicating if clicked, the voice should play), however no sound came out when clicked.
Hrm.... aha, I found the bug. The call to the sound file got crushed by a stray character during editing so it broke.

I'll probably release a updated script once more things come up, but for now, for those you want an immediate fix to hear that one line. Open up the "0.utf" script in a text editor, and replace these 3 lines . Make a backup before you do this, just in case. Nothing should break, but you never know.

dwave 1,"w2\1\hime1_0036.ogg...
;「あ、いやあ、実はそれほどでも…」\
^``Ah, well, not that much...''

with these 3 new ones.

dwave 1,"w2\1\hime1_0036.ogg"
;「あ、いやあ、実はそれほどでも…」\
^``Ah, well, not that much...''\

(Essentially the fix is replacing the .ogg... with a proper .ogg" and we're also putting in a missing \ line break at the end of the english text that got lost in a dead footnote...)

Originally I had thought this was one of the 2-3 cases where sound files actually didn't exist. But no, this is a legit bug. *svn commits*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I think I found a few bugs.
When the epilogue, well first read is done, an epilogue flashes on the title screen, then disappears.
Some of the songs with longer names, the ones on Narci1, seem to be cut off.
The fade in/out "bug" existed in the original. Some QA testers pointed it out to me, but I had always planned on leaving it in. Until I added extra text to the notes to remind people, there was no other way people would know there was an epilogue that required both games to be cleared.

I know that as someone coming back to the series when I first played Narci2, I had no intention of replaying Narci1 (having large chunks of it still in my head from working on it...), until I saw that flash by and realized there was more. That's why I chose to leave in something that looks like (and from the code, most likely is) a bug.
Old 2010-04-07, 12:41
Obsessive

And for those people wondering what was Himeko talking about when she mentioned MR and Le Mans etc. I think she was talking about Mazda 787B.
Wankel rotary engine was Mazda's pride and joy. With its light weight it allows the vehicle to have a high power to weight ratio. In 1991, A Mazda 787B fitted with a 26B 4-rotor engine (which produce 690 horsepower at 9000rpm, and maximum torque of 608NM at 6500rpm, total car weight 830kg) became the first car ouside europe or US to win the 24-hour of Le Mans endurance race. After that the rotary engine was banned from the Le Mans race because of its "unfair weight advantages". And 787B uses a MR (mid-engine, rear-wheel drive) layout, other cars that use this layout include supercars like Enzo Ferrari, Lamborghini Diablo, Porsche Carrera GT, etc.
Interestingly, Eunos Roadster NA was normally equiped with B6ZE or BP engine which was piston powered rather than rotary powered, so why did himeko talk about rotary engine so much? Was she simply a Mazda fan? Or did she mange to fit a rotary engine into her MX-5? (Can you do that? I know there's someone on this form with a GTR avatar, maybe he can tell us?XD)
Furthermore, at first I thought Mr Tomo Kataoka wasn't much of a toyota fan. Because the three cars appeared so far in the narcissu series being: setsumi->Honda Integra Type R, Himeko->Mazda MX-5 Miata/Eunos Roadster, Yuka->Nissan Tiida. See? He left out Toyota! (OK OK I admit there's mitsubishi and saburu etc as well) And you see himeko gets irritated when she was overtaken by an 86. Then I read the Himeko epilogue, when yuka was driving eunos roadster with himeko in the passenger seat, she got angry because yuka let a seven (RX-7 I think?) ran pass them. Funny Mazda RX-7 was fitted with her favourite rotary engine... I guess himeko just doesn't like any car overtaking her roadster :p

(EDIT: The Midship himeko mentioned could also be refering to Mazda RX-7, which is a FMR, not limited to RMR like Mazda 787B)
(EDIT2: Just noticed Mr Tomo Kataoka changed his mixi name to 北島マヤCR-Z, CR-Z -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_CR-Z . Don't tell me he actually bought one of these! And from this we could probably conclude Mr Tomo Kataoka love sport cars. But he couldn't care less about the horse power (Eunos Roadster and CR-Z have horse power similar to an AE86 or any ordinary 4 cylinder compact familiy car you see on the streets today, even Integra Type R did not exceed 200 horsepower). Looks like he is more than willing to stay in the legal speed limit, as long as it's a two seater, has a sporty handling and polished design, he will like it)

I case you are wondering, I was trying to ruin the narcissu mood here XD

And yes I read the english translated version again, and yes I cried a lot, much more so than when I first read it.
I agree with agilis that agilis' translation was more close to the original. Where as you can see haeleth sometimes just let his imagination run wild XD. But I found that rather interesting, and at the same time his own intepretation was valid in his own way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magedark View Post
While we're at it, some point in the story a "muffler" is given as a present...
Is that right?
Ah, yes, I guess that's part of agilis' plan of being close to the original. Haeleth used the english equivalent -> scarf.

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2010-04-08 at 02:20.
Old 2010-04-09, 20:15
PokiNeko

Thanks for all the hard work~
Just finished last night...stayed up too long reading.

Are there lyric translations for the N2 insert+N1 vocals? I always enjoy reading song lyrics/translations so I'd probably ask for any visual novel I read...

Also, when I read the Translator's Note (Agilis) from N1, it gets stuck at the end and I have to rclick->return to title...not sure if anyone else mentioned that bug.

Edit: I'd add a comment for you to send to the author but I don't know what to say besides I liked it. Reviewing stuff not for me ;(

Last edited by PokiNeko; 2010-04-09 at 20:18.
Old 2010-04-21, 18:21
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokiNeko View Post
Thanks for all the hard work~
Just finished last night...stayed up too long reading.

Are there lyric translations for the N2 insert+N1 vocals? I always enjoy reading song lyrics/translations so I'd probably ask for any visual novel I read...
Hrm.. I definitely remember translating "koko ni iru" a long long time ago. I might not have every translated the other one... can't remember...

Quote:
Also, when I read the Translator's Note (Agilis) from N1, it gets stuck at the end and I have to rclick->return to title...not sure if anyone else mentioned that bug.
Gah that's a legit bug. I left out a ^ symbol, plus it's too long for the page... well. that goes into the bugfixed script that should be coming out relatively soon.

On the bright side, this "stuck" bug, and 1 slightly broken sound clip seem to be the most severe bugs in the entire release... That's something of a minor miracle when it comes to releases.

Oh, and I want to hear more feedback and constructive criticism!! What did you people like and not like, what worked or didn't! Grawr!!!
Old 2010-04-21, 22:03
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Oh, and I want to hear more feedback and constructive criticism!! What did you people like and not like, what worked or didn't! Grawr!!!
I thought the installer was pretty good.

;-)