gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-03-10, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis View Post
Oh, and one more question! As the Japanese webpage for the game has a downloadable trial edition, is there a possibility we'll be seeing an English language trial as the game gets closer to release?
There aren't any plans to release a trial version at this point. It's a great idea, though, and while I believe we've been prevented from putting them out in the past due to various constraints I'll look into the possibility of releasing demos in advance of some of our other upcoming titles.

I'll ask about this in regard to Yume Miru tomorrow just to be sure, but to my knowledge it's not in the pipeline.

Last edited by Shingo; 2007-03-10 at 13:50.
Old 2007-03-10, 22:36
Addicted

I hope it's a possibility--trial editions are a great way for undecided people to get a taste of the title without committing to actually purchasing it. Especially for a game which already has a Japanese trial, I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult transposing the translated text from the finished game into the trial parts, but then again if the staff is already fully swamped just trying to get the full release out the door it's kind of a moot point.
Old 2007-03-10, 22:49
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Theres also possible licensing issues. It may cost more to purchase a game + demo then just game itself. Do you know if that's the case Shingo?
Old 2007-03-11, 00:28
Addicted

I think someone asked a similar question on the Hirameki message boards; if I remember right, the answer was something along the lines that for the most part, there weren't really any additional licensing issues with a translated trial edition that had been released in Japanese, but Hirameki was unable to create trial editions for games that didn't have them for the Japanese release. Of course, I could be wrong--it was a while ago and my memory is fuzzy. I guess it could also vary by company, too.
Old 2007-03-18, 15:04
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Since Shingo seems to have temporarily disappeared, my quick mini update on YMK.

The game is supposed to be "gold" (which I assume means ready to go into production) within two weeks, so release date should potentially not be very far away now.
Old 2007-03-18, 18:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu View Post
Since Shingo seems to have temporarily disappeared,
Sorry, my weekend was spent at (NWS) Resort Boin. -_-;;

I can confirm that we're planning to have the master up within two weeks; will post with official news once it's out the door.
Old 2007-03-18, 19:08

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
Sorry, my weekend was spent at (NWS) Resort Boin. -_-;;

I can confirm that we're planning to have the master up within two weeks; will post with official news once it's out the door.
ビジュアルニュース, 美乳, same difference <_<;
Old 2007-03-18, 21:13
Visitor

so yunohana wont be translated?
Old 2007-03-18, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas View Post
ビジュアルニュース, 美乳, same difference <_<;
Haha, well said. Binyuu fans unite! :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldness View Post
so yunohana wont be translated?
We don't have it at this point, but that's not to say it might not be an option in the future...
Old 2007-03-20, 01:28

Just finished updating the PP Yume Miru site. The game description is basically unaltered, but the character descriptions have been revised along with some of the technical specifications. A full version of the theme song is available for download now as well (the same one that's on the official Japanese site), with translated / transliterated lyrics. I nearly felt myself floating out of my chair while I was working on those lyrics...

Last edited by Shingo; 2007-03-20 at 02:29.
Old 2007-03-20, 05:25
Addicted

Just one question: the character description under Tsubaki Hirofumi states that he is a "self-proclaimed 'ero-gay'." Is this correct (ども,エロゲイで~す!), or is he supposed to be an 'eroge fan' or something similar?
Old 2007-03-20, 07:56
Unregistered

I believe that's supposed to be a joke, because he claims to like men and he plays eroge.
Old 2007-03-20, 14:07
Addicted

That's what I suspected, but I just wanted to double-check.
Old 2007-03-20, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis View Post
Just one question: the character description under Tsubaki Hirofumi states that he is a "self-proclaimed 'ero-gay'." Is this correct (ども,エロゲイで~す!), or is he supposed to be an 'eroge fan' or something similar?
Tsubaki's character is something of a contradiction. He's gay, and yet he's into eroge - hence the "ero-gay" pun (present in the original Japanese literature, not of my own invention). He's suave and flirtatious, yet serious and dependable. His hitting on the main character is strictly humorous, as are his attempts to promote his favorite bishoujo games, though the inevitable meta-conversation does ensue ("pursuing a girl in real life is different from pursuing one in a game, Tsubaki", etc.).

This isn't to say he's completely a comic foil, however; he plays a serious (though minor) role in the resolution of a couple of the paths, acting as an advisor and confidant to the protagonist. A generally likeable character, in my opinion.

Last edited by Shingo; 2007-03-20 at 18:14.
Old 2007-03-22, 02:08
Obsessive

A personally important question has come out, and I fear it may be a kinds of question a little too sensitive to ask officially.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Peach Princess BBS visitor and Shingo
Q: I notice that the media is DVD-ROM, whereas the Japanese release was 2 CD-ROMs, Is that a typo or is the English version shifted to DVD?

A: It's not a typo; the Japanese version was released on two CD-ROMs, and the English version is scheduled for a DVD release. This will have no effect on game content, however.
But I dare ask!! ... *whisper* Will the region code include 2? *whisper*