gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-05-05, 19:58
K

You could download the demo and play THAT at least, though.
Old 2005-05-05, 20:07
kouryuu

yea demos are all good, but for a visual novel like planetarian or Fate/stay Night, it just leaves you... empty and wanting the rest, because theres no conclusion or real buildup thats anything compared to the real story.
Old 2005-05-05, 21:25
K

You know how some books show off the first chapter as a promo so you buy the book?

It's like that.
Old 2005-05-06, 07:22
Spiritsnare [unlogged in]

I've played the demo...I need mooore ;_;
Old 2005-05-06, 09:21
Regular

Yeah, Fate/Stay Night really left me tortured...mainly because I DO have the full version, but I can read it about as well as I read arabic(Which is not at all).
So all I can do is look at the pretty pictures while I wonder what the hell is happening...heheh. Oh well, I guess I'll just play Fate/Sword Dance now...
Old 2005-05-06, 16:46
Local

Man Key wasted this awesome game on a net-only release. They could have spent a couple more dollars, packaged it in a nice little box, along with an english translation, and make it their first foray into the North American market. $10 is very cheap if you ask me, for this very high quality visual novel.

Sniff..Sniff... Planetarian is so sad, I still remember vividly the awesome emotions pouring through during the mid climax of the novel.
Old 2005-05-07, 11:20

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Cheap distribution costs are probably why the game was so cheap. You don't have to press that many CDs, and you don't have to ship them out to stores. The limited amount they did press, they sold off to otaku as limited edition items. At this point, the marketing costs involved in bringing it over to the English speaking market would probably be pretty high for little or no gain.
Old 2005-05-07, 15:29
Obsessive

Hiring a decent translator also will be one of the costs.

However, I'm noticing a Nintendo DS's upper-figure lower-text game will be sold well or not in the NA general market. Though I suppose that its success is probably difficult, but I'm glad as a consumer if knowledge of such the genre goes up even a little and following appears. (One of the sales of the game is going to be from me)
Old 2005-05-07, 20:19
kouryuu

honestly, these are the types of games that you don't get to fully realize their great potential until after you've played one, which is why samples like that need to start trickling stateside, so the market that Key needs can develop.
Old 2005-05-11, 07:34
Spiritsnare [unlogged in]

Well, they could just stop at the release of English demos...

Besides, with more pirated translated Planetarian downloads than actual 'licensed' downloads, don't you think the same thing can and will happen with Haeleth's Kanon/KanonSE patch, zalas's AIR patch, and Soulfang's (...I think?) CLANNAD patch, respectively?
Old 2005-05-11, 09:26
kouryuu

any word on how far along those are anyway?
Old 2005-05-13, 23:59
Kanna's plume

Default Re: Kanon: Why does everyone say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonOfElru
... That Kanon is depressing? I'm not sure what to make of Mai's ending, but all the other stories had distinctly happy, fairy tale-like endings.
Try to Good Ending
Closed Thread