gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-12-17, 14:48
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
[Don't know how to quote]

@Edgar: When I click the c2dinst, it brought me to snowy screen with 2 choices of installation, maybe, since it was in Japanese I just randomly chose the 2nd choice. Does it installed properly? I couldn't find it in my program files, though.

After that, it brought me back to the folder and nothing happened. I have replaced the game01.mrg. which had provided in Patch 1.03 but I got the notice with screenshots I've posted above.
The 2nd choice was supposed to be the full installation which makes it so you don't need the DVD in there to play it. It should ask you for the installation path after you click that. If you didn't click anything, it should default to C:\C2_DVD\.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
1. Where do I put the Canvas2_DVD.exe? I've put it in main folder but it didn't work.
I assume you're referring to the no DVD patch? I haven't used this myself, but from what I can guess it patches advwin32.exe and you don't need to run it again after it does. Not sure if you need to run it from the same directory or not, but from what I can guess from your screenshots, you have a lot of misplaced files in the wrong directory.

Quote:
2. Could I uninstall it? I couldn't find it in my program files nor the in the Canvas2 files.
As for uninstalling, you can do that by going to launcher, and clicking the 3rd option down from the top. Game01.mrg should also be in the root folder of wherever C2_DVD is, not in C2_DVD\DAT or wherever else you might put it.

Quote:
I have tried running it with Applocale, but it gives me same message. It should be put under Japanese language with this 日本語 if I'm not mistaken.
Does it give you the error if you just do a fresh install to the default directory and try to run it?
Old 2010-12-19, 19:47
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
The 2nd choice was supposed to be the full installation which makes it so you don't need the DVD in there to play it. It should ask you for the installation path after you click that. If you didn't click anything, it should default to C:\C2_DVD\.
Yeah, there is a files that placed on my C: but it refer to the game utility. (I don't know what it supposed to mean), and there's nothing in that file that allows me to play the game. I tried to modified the files into different files, I mean, I know the general procedure to install a game or program but the the language barrier makes me unable to. Shame on me.

Quote:
As for uninstalling, you can do that by going to launcher, and clicking the 3rd option down from the top. Game01.mrg should also be in the root folder of wherever C2_DVD is, not in C2_DVD\DAT or wherever else you might put it.
I can't uninstall the game either. Assuming I haven't install it, but the launcher nor install application doesn't work either. Yeah, I've put the game01.mrg to the root folder too.

http://i56.tinypic.com/2565xu1.png

I think it just my laptop that couldn't install this. I will try it on different computer and copy paste the whole file with the working one. Could you explain step by step installation, it would be nice it if you could provide it with screenshots, since I'm afraid I can't install it to other PC.
Old 2010-12-19, 21:10
Local

Quote:
Could you explain step by step installation, it would be nice it if you could provide it with screenshots, since I'm afraid I can't install it to other PC.
Second option is install. Then you should be able to pick between the smaller or bigger sized installation. Pick the bigger sized one (Should be the one on the bottom), and it'll ask you for the installation directory. Pick one yourself, or it'll just default it to C:\C2_DVD\. It'll start installation after that. You should see an installation screen with Mami doing a painting of Tomoko.

game01.mrg has nothing to do with the installation so I don't know why you keep bringing that up. From the screenshots, it looks like you haven't installed it yet.
Old 2010-12-19, 22:26
Visitor

Don't you mean a painting of Tomoko's doll?
Old 2010-12-19, 23:28
Unregistered

Is there any news on the next patch? Sorry if I'm bothering you but I was just curious since I was kinda waitin for it before I read more.
Old 2010-12-20, 01:01
Unregistered

Quote:
Second option is install. Then you should be able to pick between the smaller or bigger sized installation. Pick the bigger sized one (Should be the one on the bottom), and it'll ask you for the installation directory. Pick one yourself, or it'll just default it to C:\C2_DVD\. It'll start installation after that. You should see an installation screen with Mami doing a painting of Tomoko.

game01.mrg has nothing to do with the installation so I don't know why you keep bringing that up. From the screenshots, it looks like you haven't installed it yet.
Thank you very much. I think I'll be able to figure it out. Maybe I messed out because I tried to click whatever I saw since my Japanese is horrible. Thanks again.
Old 2010-12-20, 05:15
happy

Smile

I can't install the game on my pc :(

But I manage to play it without going through installation process :)

This is what I did:

1) Make a folder on the desktop (or wherever on your hard disk) & rename to 'Cvs2' (or whatever name you want). This will be the main folder

2) Copy the entire content of the Canvas 2 dvd game into the 'Cvs2' folder

3) Open 'C2_DVD' folder & find the advwin32.exe. Copy & paste this into the main (Cvs2) folder.

4) Download & save the Canvas2_DVD.exe (no DVD patch) into the main (Cvs2) folder.

5) Download & save the game01.mrg (translation patch) into the main (Cvs2) folder

6) Double click the Canvas2_DVD.exe

7) Double click advwin32.exe & the game should run.

Anyway I would like to thank Edger & others who work so hard in trying to make the translation patch as perfect as possible. Really appreciate you all. Thanks a lot. :D
Old 2010-12-20, 05:18
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlat View Post
Don't you mean a painting of Tomoko's doll?
Well, not everybody has installed it yet :P

Quote:
Is there any news on the next patch? Sorry if I'm bothering you but I was just curious since I was kinda waitin for it before I read more.
Heard from him a week ago, but as far as I know the backlog and 4th line problem is already fixed. There's still other things such as trying to get Kana's book scene / epilogue text in there, extracting and inserting images (menu), and getting the staff room script to compile. I figure it's probably better just to wait until at least some more progress is made before releasing anything.
Old 2010-12-20, 10:50
erengy

Quote:
As Edger said, backlog and 4th line problem is fixed. We also fixed some minor mistakes in script and translated some arguably trivial parts of the game such as system config dialog and the quit message. Edger and I are now working on the staff room, which is almost finished. I still couldn't succeed hacking image files though, so we're not able to translate main menu and Kana's book scene yet. I have a tool to export image files into bitmap files, any help on reverse engineering it (or the game) is much appreciated.

I think you can go on reading with the latest patch. The overall experience you'll be getting with the next one isn't going to be that much different.
Old 2010-12-23, 16:48
Unregistered

Quote:

Does it give you the error if you just do a fresh install to the default directory and try to run it?
Never mind. I've re-run the installation. Thank you for translating this game.
Btw, who's the name of main character(MC)? I can't read the kanji. Could we change it to romaji or some english name? Will it affect the game?
Maybe I will change the MC's name into the romaji since it fits better in english translation when all character has romaji name too, if it won't affect the game.
Old 2010-12-23, 20:01
Local

Quote:
Btw, who's the name of main character(MC)? I can't read the kanji. Could we change it to romaji or some english name? Will it affect the game?
Maybe I will change the MC's name into the romaji since it fits better in english translation when all character has romaji name too, if it won't affect the game.
Should be Kamikura Hiroki.

Note that if you change the name, it'll switch to the other voice scripts and they won't call the main character by his name.
Old 2011-01-14, 10:12
justinefremlouw

aah, the backlog problem is annoying
can you release a patch of what's fixed so far? or an ETA of a new patch?
Old 2011-01-14, 10:39
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinefremlouw View Post
aah, the backlog problem is annoying
can you release a patch of what's fixed so far? or an ETA of a new patch?
I was originally planning on waiting until the staff room was fixed, but I'll see about getting the fix for the backlog out soon.
Old 2011-02-14, 22:32
justinefremlouw

errr....any news?
Old 2011-02-14, 23:22
tastyramen

Hi, Edger.
Thanks for putting in the massive effort of translating a badass eroge.
props to you and your crew.

I have a question though..
When I replaced the Japanese game01.mrg from the original Canvas2 DVD edition with the one provided in the 1.03 patch,
the menu (where you choose start, load, config, etc.), the pop up box choice for when you load the game, and basically the option boxes (such as "would you like to exit the game?" and the answers "yes" or "no") are still in Japanese.
I don't really mind but I'm just wondering if that is working as intended.
Also, when you create a new game, the first scene is the protagonist and Yamada trying to paint Kiri with the first text saying something like "Gah, Kiri! How many times...."
right? It kinda seems too abrupt for me and I thought I might have screwed up somewhere. LOL.

Also, Even though my applocale is set to "Japanese (Japan)", i still can't see the emotes and they appear on the text.
for example, the frustration/irritated emote first appears on the text after Kiri says 'I'm perfectly ladylike"

Thanks in advance to anyone who may be able to help me. :D