gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-11-23, 14:44
K

That's true. While we all want to see the project finished as soon as possible, many of us aren't likely to just bitch about it; I think a good number of us will want to help in any way we can... but as we don't know the current status of the project and what's left to do, it's a bit hard.
Old 2005-11-23, 15:22
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii
Default Re: Reply on my post about the duration of translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morion
Kouryuu made a good point: some kind of an update system so we know exactly where things are. Did anyone here see the pie chart Mirror Moon used to have? X% translated, Y% encoded, etc. Something like that allows people to know where things are, and see the progress: it might help a few people's anxieties :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by K
but as we don't know the current status of the project and what's left to do, it's a bit hard.
I believe the point is that it's going to get done whether you can see a progress bar or not. But thanks to the power of spreadsheets I have concocted such a chart for you.

Old 2005-11-23, 15:25
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Freakker Send a message via Yahoo to Freakker
Default Re: Reply on my post about the duration of translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morion
I know someone fluent in Russian, Brazillian Portuguese, English, Japanese, Chinese and Korean --- I am sure he is not human :p I am fluent in English *stands proud of his accomplishment* OK, so I am not impressive, but this whole thread is going nowhere. Perhaps it could still be salvaged!

Kouryuu made a good point: some kind of an update system so we know exactly where things are. Did anyone here see the pie chart Mirror Moon used to have? X% translated, Y% encoded, etc. Something like that allows people to know where things are, and see the progress: it might help a few people's anxieties :)

STaNLI brought up the topic of helping the project.I do not believe there is a `how can I help?' page or anything, but something like that could be constructive. I *would* help, but I doubt I *could* help: I could be wrong. I only have a very basic grasp on Japanese, and cannot read Kanji, so I could not translate. I do not know how, but perhaps I could help in more technical ways (I am useful with a PC). I could proof read, but surely many others here could too. I could beta test, but who here would not be willing to do that ;) `How we can help' is just as important as `can I help'.
My grandfather is fluent in Russian, English, Spanish, and (not so much as the formers) Sylvan.

About the precentage idea, that sounds like a good idea, but what about when life distracts him, and people notice that the percentage hasn't moved for a while?
If it was a team, then it would still be moving a little, but it would just stop if the one-man team took a break.
Old 2005-11-23, 15:26
adun50

well i don't mind waiting for Haeleth's final patch release. sure enough it has taken a long time to come this far, but hey, there are always other games to play in the mean time.

but for those who want to give a helping hand, better off helping in other projects such as Air or Clannad.
Old 2005-11-23, 15:42
Ex-boss

Nice chart, Shii. ^_^

As far as progress goes... I can't be bothered to calculate it precisely down to the nearest character, but if we consider every scenario to be equal (which they certainly aren't), it would come out like this:

So you can see that it's not coming along that badly.
Old 2005-11-23, 16:18
Obsessive

Score! progress update :D

Hrmm hows this for a conspiracy theory:

In a clandestine attempt to elicit a response from 'The Man', kouryuu makes a series of anonymous posts so rediculous that there's little chance anyone would take them seriously. Then, by folllowing them up with the polite suggestion for a status update, he emerges victorious!!
Old 2005-11-23, 16:49
Morion

You need to dig deeper for a conspiracy. What if, in fact, I were kouryuu posting under a different name, agreeing with myself to further justify the request... now it begins to get scary ;)
Old 2005-11-23, 17:17
K

What if, in fact, everyone involved in this thread was actually Haeleth, justifying the length of time his project is taking, and then hyping up a progress update (which he then releases)?!

On a more serious note... uh... question... is there going to be a release when everything is "generally OK"?
Old 2005-11-23, 17:44
inuyasha9854

The only problem i see with the Haeleth conspiracy....how can he have so many personalities? Don't say multiple personality disorder...there's too many here!

....mind shot....need to play random game....
Old 2005-11-23, 18:01
Obsessive

Let's get the point straight.

Haeleth is just one man.

He is doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

He has taken an assload of shit for trying to finish this.

He does not have a group of overworked, underpaid employees to help him.

He has the right to make us wait 1000 years to wait for this English patch.

Got that?

And as for conspiracy theories, those posts could have been............GP32!!! IN GUEST MODE!!!!!![/paranoia]
Kunisaki Yukito is a flooging pervert. He makes a mother finger her daughter to get off his sick kicks, have two sisters paizuri his cock while slobbering all over it, and he raped another in the rain. From Behind. I bet he assreamed the ghostly loli too.
Old 2005-11-23, 19:23
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha9854
The only problem i see with the Haeleth conspiracy....how can he have so many personalities? Don't say multiple personality disorder...there's too many here!

....mind shot....need to play random game....
Can't you see? The other personalities are simply faked, like acting in a play. It's all an elaborate plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmchsr0
He has the right to make us wait 1000 years to wait for this English patch.
No way, if he dies first then he'll have failed to make the patch and then the poor soul who bought Kanon and expected it to get translated won't ever get that English version. That'd be kinda sad ^_-;
Old 2005-11-23, 20:38
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Talbain

Pretty graphics! I like pretty graphics!

By the way... what's Kanon? I've seen the anime but... is there something else?
Old 2005-11-23, 22:40
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Freakker Send a message via Yahoo to Freakker

... The game that the anime is based on.
Which Haeleth is translating.
Old 2005-11-24, 03:34

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by inuyasha9854
Yeah, there's no way that can be true...
No it's true...
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmchsr0
And as for conspiracy theories, those posts could have been............GP32!!! IN GUEST MODE!!!!!![/paranoia]
Or... better yet, they were his failed patients <_<; *runs from a scalpel-wielding gp32-san who can hopefully help him with some Elizabethan matters*
Old 2005-11-24, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone
So you're fine with it even if it takes 10 years to finish it?
そう謂う事謂わ無いで下さいよ。遅過ぎなら其れを試して見て。
完成な翻訳を想像して、其れを云って下さい。
「若干年前よりの(勝手に誤解釋した)揚言に順へ、吾が奴隷と成りて翻譯を忽ち完成仕給へ。ル・ウッシュ・エルデ」
因みに成果したら貴方は魔王になるのですが、細かい事は気にし無いで下さい。
Closed Thread