gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-05, 01:01
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
It's quite real. The OHP was updated with a bunch of new stuff corroborating it.

If you don't like chuu2 you can get out :(

Also I don't believe this has been mentioned http://www.project-navel.com/oretsuba_r/
Navel couldn't afford a ps2 port! No nishimata ero : (
Old 2011-04-06, 00:09
Unregistered

Can't afford a PS2 port? You don't seem to understand how these consumer versions work.
Old 2011-04-06, 11:06
Unregistered

A PS2 port would be a pretty stupid thing to do nowadays. PSP's the thing now, baby.

I'm guessing they had problems with getting a decent rating. Oretsuba was never a game that was intended at an audience under 18 in the first place (in the words of a certain Master, 移植前提でポルノが作れるかッ! ) and some decidedly adult matters like drugs and child abuse figure quite heavily in the story, not to mention the countless sex-based jokes that would need toning down.
Old 2011-04-07, 14:51
Unregistered

Which... they're going to do for the new PC all-ages version anyway. It's not like the PSP or PS3 or 360 haven't gotten its share of such things over the years.
Old 2011-04-07, 15:57
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Oretsuba all-ages is just a bad idea to begin with, if I had to offer baseless speculation I would say that Oretsuba R is probably something decided without much or any input from Jackson himself. Especially since there's going to be an Ai route/ending now.

Going to end up with a situation where the 18+ version remains the definitive version of the game, kind of sad to see Navel fucking around with a decent product like this.
Old 2011-04-07, 16:06
Obsessive

Quote:
Oretsuba all-ages is just a bad idea to begin with, if I had to offer baseless speculation I would say that Oretsuba R is probably something decided without much or any input from Jackson himself. Especially since there's going to be an Ai route/ending now.

Going to end up with a situation where the 18+ version remains the definitive version of the game, kind of sad to see Navel fucking around with a decent product like this.
Don't most companies do something like this? Release>anime>Re-release on console with extra content>Port with extra content
Without the porting tho.
Old 2011-04-07, 20:47
Regular

If you guys don't mind me asking, I presume this "Jackson" is part of the team, but who exactly is he?
Old 2011-04-07, 22:17
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
If you guys don't mind me asking, I presume this "Jackson" is part of the team, but who exactly is he?
The Main writer, who said that Ai (the one getting a route) was his least favorite/most hated character.
Old 2011-04-08, 04:07
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The Main writer, who said that Ai (the one getting a route) was his least favorite/most hated character.
How could she possibly be his most hated character?she looks the best!

I also don't see how you could hate your own character.
Old 2011-04-08, 05:20
Obsessive

Hunks WorkShop partial patch released.

http://baraspot.co.cc/chan/2d/res/14268.html#15665

Translates the first 2 days.
Old 2011-04-08, 16:08
Obsessive

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2011...diting-nukige/

Managagamers few images confirmed the SCORE title.

http://vndb.org/v961
Old 2011-04-09, 19:38
dorkatlarge

TLWiki has released another partial Katahane translation patch. They state, "This contains the first half of Shirohane and almost all of Kurohane, except the 'secret ending'..." See http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php?title=Katahane for more.
Old 2011-04-10, 11:46
Unregistered

Quote:
Something decided without much or any input from Jackson himself. Especially since there's going to be an Ai route/ending now.

A game with more paths becoming worse than the original? N-please.

Examples of when the 18+ versions are the definitive are in games where the sex is central to the story so when taken out story is junk, or when they completely change around the all-ages versions. Never have there been a game where they simply add more content and it turned out worse.
Old 2011-04-10, 11:56

Quote:
Never have there been a game where they simply add more content and it turned out worse.
What is sorechiru.

Oh and hey, look who wrote it. What a coincidence.
Old 2011-04-11, 10:37
Unregistered

Quote:
A game with more paths becoming worse than the original? N-please.

Examples of when the 18+ versions are the definitive are in games where the sex is central to the story so when taken out story is junk, or when they completely change around the all-ages versions. Never have there been a game where they simply add more content and it turned out worse.
Think veeery hard about the reason everyone hates the PS2 ver of Cross Channel.

Ai route fits in this game like a square block in a circular hole. And it's sort of a punch in the gut for the other, more qualified neglected heroines (too bad Misa- oh I mean female student A!)

And I daresay Oretsuba R is going to lose quite a lot along with those higiii-infested eroscenes.
Closed Thread