gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-08-26, 02:36
mr.aufziehvogel

Default ANIME: higurashi question...

does anyone here watch this show? raw?

because i have a question. i am watching a subbed version of the anime, and in episode 20...(the scene with shion and the old man after the intro) it looks like it is censored. whole parts of the upper side are black....is this a censorship filter?

and if yes...are the raws censored too?

edit: i have a few suspicios pictures...

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/175...mphoto1ec4.jpg

picture 1...the upper side is black

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/543...mphoto2qt1.jpg

the picture after the last one.. the whole picture is visible

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/7...mphoto3ae0.jpg

and after the last scene...upper side is black....all sceners where you can see the "torturing device"...
Old 2006-08-26, 03:20
Ex-boss

I stopped watching a while back, but from the shots you've posted, my assumption would be that it's intended to conceal the man's face, and as such would be in the original too.
Old 2006-08-26, 07:41
CR

This is unrelated to the question, but my advice is to just skip the anime, which doesn't do justice to the original game at all, and either get hold of the manga series (all of which are excellent) or play the original game itself. You'll get 100x times the experience this way rather than this mangled wreck with important plot points skipped and all the moving bits omitted or distorted for NO GOOD REASON AT ALL .

It's amazing how Studio Deen has absolutely butchered this series. Even worse than how they butchered F/SN.

[/rant]
Old 2006-08-27, 02:15
mr.aufziehvogel

CR, i am sure you are one of these guys, who will sit in the cinema (and watch lord of the rings) and will shout out "hey, this movie sucks. the books is sooo much better" ;)

i mean the BOOK/Game is always better than the anime/movie version. but they are only a interpretation of the original ;)

that's why i will continue watching higurashi.

i have the novels, but i will play them after i watched the anime.

does anyone here have the new ps2 game? i read somewhere, that there are new chapters in the game.

i have the tasogare demo 2. it's funny :)
Old 2006-08-27, 18:42
Local

We all know how was the one getting hanged if we follow the series. So, it might be some shadow effects in play, or he is not the old man we expected him to be.

Aside from that, I can pretty much predict what will happen in ep21.

PS: Oh yea, beware of overcute girl. She might have come to ask more than just a bottle of soy sauce.
Old 2006-09-06, 22:39
mr.aufziehvogel

LOL

i saw 22 and i am TOTALLY clueless about whats going on :P

i mean, is shion dead now?

who killed keiichi after she died?

is the whole "demon" thing only her feeling of hate against ataokos killers?

the whole chapter endet too early.

after the finished watching the anime, i will play the novels. maybe i get more infos out ;)

nii nii :)
Old 2006-09-07, 05:27

yeah... anime versions of any sort of novel game almost always get butchered. This one is certainly no expection...
Old 2006-09-07, 12:35
K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aufziehvogel
ROT13, man.

Wasn't it supposed to be that Arc 7 resolved everything? Too bad it isn't making it into the anime.
Old 2006-09-07, 13:50
CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Quote:
ROT13, man.

Wasn't it supposed to be that Arc 7 resolved everything? Too bad it isn't making it into the anime.
For what it's worth, the author himself stated that Tsumihoroboshi was a good ending point for the Higurashi universe. Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi were extraneous arcs because all the clues to "solve" the mystery had already been provided up to Tsumihoroboshi - and his preference was for readers to piece together the solution for themselves.

After Tsumihoroboshi, however, there was massive pressure for the answers to be revealed in a simple form, and so Minagoroshi was born - as the intro to the arc says, it was purely an autopsy of the Higurashi world and its rules, with the mystery stripped away bare. It was an immensely enjoyable arc (as was Matsuribayashi), but ultimately superfluous to needs.
Old 2006-09-09, 22:25
Local

Quote:
LOL

the whole chapter endet too early.

after the finished watching the anime, i will play the novels. maybe i get more infos out ;)

nii nii :)
Sebz gur tnzr, Xrvpuv vf xvyyrq ol n fgebxr bs urneg. Naq gung gur Fuvba'f npghnyyl na vyyhfvba perngrq bhg bs pbashfvba jvgu Bvfuv'f fgngrzrag(Nf va, Zvba vf qrnq rira orsber ur vf fnirq. Naq ba Gnxnab'f qlvat nf jryy.)
Old 2006-09-10, 08:19
Addicted

I'll admit straight off that I've never watched the TV series, but the answers from the Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi chapters of the game are:

Quote:
Lrf, fur vf. Fuvba qvrf sebz gur rssrpgf bs Uvanzvmnjn Flaqebzr, juvpu yrnq ure gb n sngny snyy ng ure ncnegzrag nsgre fur fgnof Xrvvpuv.

Quote:
Fuvba (naq abg Zvba) vf gur bar jub fgnof Xrvvpuv bhgfvqr uvf ubhfr. Gur obql sbhaq rneyvre vf gung bs Zvba, nsgre Fuvba sbeprf ure gb rkpunatr pybgurf jvgu ure nf fur znxrf ure rfpncr.

Nf sbe gur crefba jub xvyyf Xrvvpuv va gur ubfcvgny, VVEP, Xrvvpuv qvrf sebz gur Uvanzvlnmnjn flaqebzr (urapr uvf qryhqrq oryvrs gung ur'f npghnyyl orvat xvyyrq ol bar bs gur Fbabmnxv fvfgref).

Quote:
Nf evqvphybhf nf vg fbhaqf, zbfg bs gur cnenabezny curabzran nssrpgvat gur punenpgref ner npghnyyl qryhfvbaf oebhtug ba ol cnenfvgrf pneevrq jvguva gurz. Guvf 'qvfrnfr' (Uvanzvlnmnjn flaqebzr) nssrpgf gur crbcyr jub yvir va gur ivyyntr naq vf gevttrerq ol ungerq naq qvfgehfg bs bguref.

Gur zbfg cebzvarag flzcgbz bs gur qvfrnfr vf cnenabvq qryhfvba, pyvznkvat va gur qrngu bs ubfg (glcvpnyyl va gur sbez bs n qryhfvba pnhfvat gurz gb fpengpu bhg gurve bja guebngf), juvpu vf jung unccraf gb Xrvvpuv va gur svefg nep jura ur fgnegf gb qvfgehfg uvf sevraqf - fb lrf, va n jnl, ure srryvatf ner jung oevatf ba gur 'qrzba', nf ol gung gvzr, fur unobhef n terng qrny bs fhfcvpvba gbjneqf ure bja snzvyl va eryngvba gb Fngbfuv'f qvfnccrnenapr.

Gur serdhrag gnyx bs gur 'qrzba'f oybbq' gung sybjf va gur irvaf bs Uvanzvlnmnjn'f erfvqragf vf nyfb n ersrerapr gb guvf.
Old 2006-09-10, 22:39
mr.aufziehvogel

FOR REAL??????

v zrna jung unccrarq va gur ubfcvgny?

cnenfvgrf??

naq jul qvq ur fnj fuvba xvyyvat uvz? unyyhpvanpvba?
Old 2006-09-10, 23:04
Addicted

Quote:
v zrna jung unccrarq va gur ubfcvgny?
Uvf qrngu jnf (gb gur orfg bs zl erpbyyrpgvba - vg vfa'g pbirerq va terng qrgnvy va gur Zrnxnfuv puncgre) qhr gb Uvanzvlnmnjn Flaqebzr, engure guna orvat fgnoorq.

Quote:
cnenfvgrf??
Cenpgvpnyyl rirelbar yvivat va Uvanzvlnmnjn vf vasrpgrq jvgu gurfr cnenfvgrf juvpu, juvyr unezyrff zbfg bs gur gvzr, pna pnhfr crbcyr gb unyyhpvangr (hfhnyyl cnenabvq qryhfvbaf bs orvat nggnpxrq ol bguref) naq qvr jura gur ubfg orpbzrf qvfgehfgshy bs bguref.

Guvf vf jung pnhfrf (vagre nyvn):
- Eran'f unyyhpvangvbaf nobhg Blnfuveb-fnzn qhevat gur gvzr fur jnf njnl sebz Uvanzvlnmnjn naq qrnyvat jvgu ure cneragf' qvibepr
- Fngbxb'f bppnvfvbany svgf, nf n erfhyg bs gur nohfr ng gur unaqf bs ure hapyr naq nhag
- Gbzvgnxr Wvebh'f qrngu, guebhtu na vawrpgvba qrfvtarq gb gevttre gur svany fgntrf bs gur qvfrnfr
- Fuvba'f qrngu, nf n erfhyg bs ure qvfgehfg bs gur guerr snzvyvrf naq gurve vaibyirzrag va Fngbfuv'f qvfnccrnenapr

Quote:
naq jul qvq ur fnj fuvba xvyyvat uvz? unyyhpvanpvba?
Lrf, guvf jnf n unyyhpvangvba. Ng guvf fgntr, nsgre univat orra fgnoorq ol fbzrbar jub fubhyq unir orra qrnq, vg'f yvggyr jbaqre gung Xrvvpuv vf nyfb cnenabvq.