gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-07-07, 09:59
Tonberryking

Default Looking to recruit people for Air game translation

I've decided to pull my head out of my ass and actually look for extra help. I have knowledge of Japanese, and mainly I'm looking for a proofreader(s) who have a more extensive background of the Japanese language. (Because I don't feel confinent enough with my own ability) I have the Japanese script to the game. If you want to help in some other way, explain how you can help towards the project.

This translation would be for the all age version. Any suggestions to where I can find extra help would be nice. Other suggestions are welcome.
Old 2006-07-08, 09:01
Zap Electro

Default I might be able to help.

Well, I can SEE what I can do. I worked for the scanlation team Aquastar, that works mainly on Negima. However, the team is a subsection to the Aquastar Websites, a group of sites owned by one guy (Aqua) which include Kanon, Negima, Love Hina, Happy Lesson, and specifically, AIR.

We also have a fansub team and we're doing ToHeart 2. But that's a plug and not my help.

I can SEE (meaning I can JUST ask around) if any translators would be interested. I don't usually get involved, but Aqua is a big big fan of AIR. He might lend a translator over.

Email me at opticwind@gmail.com because I'll forget I posted this.
Old 2006-07-11, 11:58
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

uhmm... I think zalas wanted to get off his ass and do some work more work on AIR during the summer and considering hes already got a decent amount of work done, you may want to consider contacting him instead of trying to start up a new project.

http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/AIR/
Old 2006-07-12, 11:44
Tonberryking

Oh, I didn't know someone was already working on it. Hmm... I looked all around and I couldn't find an email. How do I contact this guy?
Old 2006-07-12, 12:01
Obsessive

He posts here regularly, I'm sure he'll show up sooner or later.
Old 2006-07-12, 12:43
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonberryking
Oh, I didn't know someone was already working on it. Hmm... I looked all around and I couldn't find an email. How do I contact this guy?
If you really want to quickly get a hold of him, hop onto IRC, then get onto Zirc.org and join #nnl. Ask for zalas and someone in the channel should point you which person is zalas (as he changes his IRC SN WAY too much >_>;;).
Old 2006-07-12, 13:35
Tonberryking

Ah, I'm not too familiar with IRC.

It would be interesting to get in touch because just by browsing around his site. Him and I translated Tori no Uta rather differently but pretty much we came to the same conclusions, just different word usage.
Old 2006-07-12, 19:13

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

So, um... how well do you translate?
Old 2006-07-12, 19:33
Tonberryking

I'm not really sure. I've never really had anyone look over what I've done other than my Japanese teacher.

I've taken up to level 2 elementary Japanese.
Old 2006-07-12, 20:25
Obsessive

I may be able to help a bit. My experience in translating prose lies in the short short translations here.

Rather than making a million posts here or writing 50 e-mails back and forth, it's easier if you contact me at

AIM: HsingTheLegend
MSN: mrpapu234@aol.com
Old 2006-07-13, 09:13
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum

Konnichi wa minna!

Quote:
I'm not really sure. I've never really had anyone look over what I've done other than my Japanese teacher.

I've taken up to level 2 elementary Japanese.
Same here, I finished Elem. Japn. II back at my old university back in May. I don't think it's a wise decision to go on ahead and tackle a Key work though... they tend to write on a much higher reading level. My current non-translated reading level is probably in the middle school range. (I read works out of Nakayoshi alot ^^;)

My experience with translating comes from working on song lyrics and some parts of manga here and there. When I tried reading Clannad (with the help of OHTK), which is Key's first strictly all ages novel, I was still having issues with comprehension.

My suggestion is to work on a small doujin first either on your own time or for at2006 which starts next week (which I'm participating in). Some doujin writers (esp. if it's a somewhat simple one) tend not to be as prolific as say Suzumoto or Maeda so it makes them a good start in translating. Not to mention, if you find out it's not what you thought it was going to be, you won't get discouraged and associate AIR with frustration and agony, thereby making it lose it's magic. =(

Ja, ne
-Rai

P.S: Hey! I just had an idea! Do you wanna help me work on my novel I'm going to be translating for at2006? It'd be great since we're both first timers ^^.
Old 2006-07-13, 11:03
Tonberryking

Yeah, I'm noticing that while I translate about Air. Air isn't too bad but it does use a lot of expressions that only a Japanese person would know. Even my teacher doesn't quite get some of the dialogue in Air because it's missing a subject or a direct object in a sentence at times.

Quote:
Hey! I just had an idea! Do you wanna help me work on my novel I'm going to be translating for at2006? It'd be great since we're both first timers
Sounds good. What is the novel you're translating? What is it about?
Old 2006-07-13, 11:29
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to JRaiKetchum Send a message via Yahoo to JRaiKetchum

Quote:
Yeah, I'm noticing that while I translate about Air. Air isn't too bad but it does use a lot of expressions that only a Japanese person would know. Even my teacher doesn't quite get some of the dialogue in Air because it's missing a subject or a direct object in a sentence at times.

Quote:
Hey! I just had an idea! Do you wanna help me work on my novel I'm going to be translating for at2006? It'd be great since we're both first timers
Sounds good. What is the novel you're translating? What is it about?
It's called Kinoko ~White Christmas?~. http://www.sunny-girl.net/review/fre...vg/kinoko.html <-- review http://tekkou.org/_kinoko/kn_index.html <-- novel's site. When I read the translated site, I laughed and wanted to do it. It's a short gag comedy which I really enjoy (anime like Excel Saga, Pani Poni Dash, etc.)! I haven't gotten too far into it because of school and stuff but I plan on translating it and enjoying it along the way. PM me later if you want to work on it with me ^^

-Rai
Old 2006-07-13, 15:21

Haven't gotten my email for registration yet for some reason but yeah I'll work with you.
Old 2006-07-14, 22:23
Iriliane

Rai. If it wouldn't be too much trouble I'd like to work with you as well. I have two years of high school level Japanese and can read around 450 kanji. I had been looking into joining at2006 earlier but couldn't find any project I thought I could tackle alone. So if you could use my help PM me.

Thanks.