gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-09-27, 02:57
Local

I requested the game from Paletweb a week ago but still didn't get any answer.
Does anyone know how long this usually takes?
Old 2007-09-28, 09:18
Wererat42

Agh... I was trying to go for Nanase but I failed and got a 'normal' ending. I'm pretty sure the popularity contest was an important factor but the spelling test really threw me off (forgot to save right before it)
Old 2007-09-28, 18:33
Posts way too much

You can get through parts of the game pretty quickly by setting the message speed to maximum, turning off effects and basically holding ctrl all the way through. You should be able to get back to the spelling test in minutes that way.

Nanase can answer most of the questions there herself, but have the game saved for the questions she can't.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:09
3dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirakani View Post
Got my problem with the vista 2007 ver fixed... For some ass odd reason the version i bought from himeya has a slightly different lcsebody1 and lcsebody.lst...
I just got my copy in from Himeya today, and I too am having trouble with the Vista compatibility version. ONE instals just fine, but when I run the installer, it exits after trying to verify the files. It gives me the message "Game files are corrupt, modified or contain unexpected data. Please re-install ONE and try again."
Old 2007-09-28, 21:34
Wererat42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
You can get through parts of the game pretty quickly by setting the message speed to maximum, turning off effects and basically holding ctrl all the way through. You should be able to get back to the spelling test in minutes that way.

Nanase can answer most of the questions there herself, but have the game saved for the questions she can't.

I got through the popularity contest on my second try, and seemed to be progressing rather well, but at a certain point where Kohei is pushed into confessing Nanase shoots him down as though nothing had happened. I'm thinking that is an event I need to avoid next playthough.

Gah... the normal end is so anticlimatic... guess that's why they call it that, but the game just ends abruptly, and leaves you looking at the screen with a 'WTF' expression.

EDIT: I had a save at that point and I chose to sleep though it, but still got a normal end. Must be missing some important flag somewhere... This is harder than I thought it would be.

Last edited by Wererat42; 2007-09-28 at 21:38.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:54
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dB View Post
I just got my copy in from Himeya today, and I too am having trouble with the Vista compatibility version. ONE instals just fine, but when I run the installer, it exits after trying to verify the files. It gives me the message "Game files are corrupt, modified or contain unexpected data. Please re-install ONE and try again."
It seems there might be a new version of the vista edition floating around. We're working on addressing this at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wererat42 View Post
I got through the popularity contest on my second try, and seemed to be progressing rather well, but at a certain point where Kohei is pushed into confessing Nanase shoots him down as though nothing had happened. I'm thinking that is an event I need to avoid next playthough.
Here's a hint: There's no way of getting a positive response from Nanase during the confession scene. If she hasn't asked you to be her detective before then, you're already on the wrong path.
Old 2007-09-28, 21:57
Posts way too much

Quote:
Correct. If you get anywhere near the point where you have an opportunity to confess to her, you've done something wrong. That part of the game never arises if you branch off into Nanase's route.

First of all, you need to pay attention to Nanase at several opportunities, so just do that at every option. Attempt to follow her each time etc.

Nanase's route starts after she asks you to join her (and the other option is doing more exam study). Do so, and you'll be on Nanase's route. It's fairly straightforward from there.

EDIT: Yeah, what AstCd said.
Old 2007-09-28, 23:01
Local

@3DB
Which OS do you have? Vista 32bit or 64bit or Windows XP?
Still haven't an answer on my question regarding Paletweb >.>
Old 2007-09-28, 23:18
Posts way too much

Paletweb surely have better turnaround than that. Give it a day or two, then fire off another request, maybe..
Old 2007-09-28, 23:33
Wererat42

She did ask me to help her on my first try I I made a wrong choice - the one that results in Nanase going home with Nagamori, and then she calls later on and the situation is more or less fixed. The right choice resulted in explaining it in person with Nagamori, which then continues the detective role. I knew I was on her route when Kohei decides to invite Nanase to eat ramen instead of Nagamori.
Old 2007-09-29, 00:32
3dB

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstCd2 View Post
It seems there might be a new version of the vista edition floating around. We're working on addressing this at the moment.
I figured that was probably the case. Thank you for working on a fix for this problem! Let me know if I can help in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutio View Post
Which OS do you have? Vista 32bit or 64bit or Windows XP?
I use WinXP for all my Windows needs.

Last edited by 3dB; 2007-09-29 at 00:35.
Old 2007-09-29, 00:59
Posts way too much

Wererat42: Ah, so, have you got it now? If not, look back to page 3 of the thread. AstCd posted a guide to getting all the endings, and I threw together some walkthroughs too.

Mutio, 3dB: The OS shouldn't matter, as it's just the patch system seeing that the files are different. 2000, XP and Vista should have the same results there.
Old 2007-09-29, 01:33
Local

Well, some games won't run on 64bit Vista or XP i.e. so the OS matters definitely!
As for Paletweb, my request is out since 10 days now!
Old 2007-09-29, 01:34
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dB View Post
I figured that was probably the case. Thank you for working on a fix for this problem! Let me know if I can help in any way.
Can you (and everyone else having issues with ONE Vista) post the md5s for your lcsebody1 and lcsebody1.lst files after a fresh install?

Edit: Just knowing the file sizes won't help, since they're actually exactly the same size for both versions.

Last edited by AstCd2; 2007-09-29 at 01:49.
Old 2007-09-29, 01:56
Posts way too much

Here's a Windows app to calculate MD5 checksums, if you don't already have one!

http://www.etree.org/md5com.html