gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-02-28, 00:26
Regular

Send a message via MSN to ChronoEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
They actually translated 仙劍 1 to Japanese for Sega Saturn. It just ain't the same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joPcIVJ9nhw <-- Chinese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb1z22uOqB0 <-- Japanese TL
Reminded me of how culturally influenced Chinese RPGs were XD. It's been so long since I saw a game play video like that...

On a side note, 手機少女PC is due to be released on March 20 by T-Time (yes, most of you probably know this, but I still like to post an update now and then in case someone didn't catch it). Not exactly on my must-get list, but I'll wait and see how it turns out...

Last edited by ChronoEX; 2008-02-28 at 00:42.
Old 2008-02-28, 04:01
Regular

Send a message via MSN to rednaxela

Umm, didn't notice this thread up until now. I was only poking around on the tech board and not getting much into general discussions.
I'm Chinese, and I used to be in Norman, Oklahoma for a year and a half when I was 9 years old.

To name a few, I've been working on Battle Moon Wars's translation project (not exactly visual novel, though it's related to Tsukihime and Fate and other Type-Moon stuff), Yoakemaeyoriruriirona's translation project, Nanatsuiro Drops's translation project, and so on. There were somehow projects that were trying to translate from English patches to Chinese, which I'm against of.

Well, I read Japanese myself so I don't really care about translation project anyway. I worked on those just because programming and reverse engineering was fun...
Old 2008-02-28, 16:37
Regular

heh, know anything about patching PS2 games? Got a friend that's currently trying to implement translations into the PS2 Tales of Destiny remake :P
Old 2008-02-28, 16:45
Regular

Nope, that's not my arena. I only work on VN's on PC, except for dumping script from KID's We/Are* and MO#5, and from Fate/stay night [Realta Nua]. It makes me uncomfortable when I can't debug through my way...

I show up pretty often here: http://bbs.sumisora.com/thread.php?fid=57 (requires logging in), if anyone cares to know.

Last edited by rednaxela; 2008-02-28 at 16:48.
Old 2008-02-29, 17:56
Regular

Nice, so are you part of the Sumisora translation/patching team or some other team? Often visit the Sumisora site myself to pick up on latest info and stuff ^_^ (although I don't post there due to my incompetence in Chinese grammar. I can read, but I can't write >_<)
Old 2008-02-29, 21:14
Regular

Nope, I'm _freelance_ on this kinda stuff. Some translation teams might come to me when they've got cracking/hacking/packing issues, and I might just provide a surgery kind of solution to their problem, without actually being on the team for a long time. The teams that I stayed for a long time are not forum based, and rather, communicate with each other through means of Tencent QQ.
Old 2008-03-02, 00:30
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednaxela View Post
There were somehow projects that were trying to translate from English patches to Chinese, which I'm against of.
Wow I didn't know that. Are you talking about wind a breath of heart?
Old 2008-03-02, 19:33
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
Wow I didn't know that. Are you talking about wind a breath of heart?
Nope, haven't even heard of that. Who's working on that one?
I meant quite a few, including D.C.P.C. You know, there's nothing wrong with them translating from English translations. Even though I don't like it and I'm not gonna help out, I won't stop them from doing that.
Old 2008-03-02, 19:43
Chewy

So THAT's why dukedhx was whining about the English translation of DCPC....
Old 2008-03-02, 20:30
Regular

Well, yes, that is the reason. I won't get into discussing that, though.
People who did/are doing translations, the ones that I met, all have different reasons for what they did/are doing. Some are simply having fun, some might be seriously trying to promote what they like. Whatever reasons, they all own their respect.
Old 2008-03-22, 20:43
Chewy

It's coming ...

http://ttime-s1.myweb.hinet.net/r11/
Old 2008-03-23, 03:49
Letshin

Quote:
Cool. How long does it take for u guys to read a page anyway. It takes me something like... 15 minutes. Hoho. Sadness man.
Old 2008-03-23, 14:17

Quote:
Nice, another VN on my to play list. When is the exact release date for it? All I could find is sometime in April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letshin View Post
Cool. How long does it take for u guys to read a page anyway. It takes me something like... 15 minutes. Hoho. Sadness man.
A page? As in a page of text like the one in FSN or...?
Well I can read Chinese as quickly as English (but the same can't be said for typing).
Old 2008-03-24, 18:57
Regular

I was starting to kind of wonder what's up with Remember11...any news on Memories Off After Rain? XP

since we're on the topic, I can probably read Chinese just as quickly as English given that it's not in simplified form, things don't get too technical, and entire paragraphs aren't thrown at me (so newspapers are generally out of the question)
Old 2008-03-25, 05:57
Letshin

Heh heh. I read English so much faster. But then again, I'm not Chinese educated.