gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-11, 01:43
Unregistered

@Moogy, May be it will be better to set up a redirect so links all around the web still would work?
Adding this to the lighttpd.conf should do the trick:
Code:
server.modules += ( "mod_redirect" )
url.redirect = (
        "^/tlwiki$"     => "http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/",
        "^/tlwiki/(.*)" => "http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/$1"
)
Old 2010-05-11, 08:05

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
the g-sen package was heavier
but yeah, SubaHibi comes with stuff. Good stuff, too.
What "goodies" did it come with? With the G-Sen Patch so far away from completion, I might want to import it.

Also, on import sites, would they mention what extras the game would come with (like artbooks? I know T-Time shows some 12Riven extras for example.)

Also, what are good import sites (I only know of two import sites, erogeshop and getchu, though I'm not sure if they're anygood)

thanks

Last edited by Sirf*palot; 2010-05-11 at 08:13.
Old 2010-05-11, 08:33
Posts way too much

Getchu is not an import site. You won't be able to buy from them directly.

Erogeshop and paletweb are the two I use. Beyond that I make use of intermediaries. (dankedanke etc.)

G-Senjou no Maou's super-heavy first press edition (note: no longer available, so you won't find it on erogeshop etc.) came with stuff like calendar, MASSIVE artbook (with sketches from Sharin, Yukyuu and A Profile) and trial versions for software by related brands (incl. Lump of Sugar's Tayutama which I thought was odd, since I didn't think Lump of Sugar was a related brand). Most of the weight comes from the artbook. It's also a good deal more expensive. The regular version is regular price and both erogeshop and palet* have copies.

*oops, I take that back, palet seems to be out! If you really want to try them you can do a request though

Last edited by Asceai; 2010-05-11 at 08:36.
Old 2010-05-12, 07:13
Unregistered

Out of curiosity Asceai, what all came with your SubaHibi? Mine just had the two artbooks - which are both very nice, don't get me wrong, but the way you phrased it made you sound like there were other extras. Did you get it at Sofmap or somewhere?
Old 2010-05-12, 16:13
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Out of curiosity Asceai, what all came with your SubaHibi? Mine just had the two artbooks - which are both very nice, don't get me wrong, but the way you phrased it made you sound like there were other extras. Did you get it at Sofmap or somewhere?
Nope, just the artbooks, but they were very nice artbooks. Artbooks are sort of rare as tokuten. I got it through Palet (I get my monthly eroge dose through either ErogeShop or Palet but lately that's been Palet because ErogeShop hasn't been carrying things - Subarashiki Hibi in March and Real Imouto in May, and I was/am far too excited about those titles to skip them) Erogeshop is a little cheaper especially when I buy a lot, but I'm in the cheapest shipping bracket for Palet so that's not too bad.

Last edited by Asceai; 2010-05-12 at 16:20.
Old 2010-05-17, 03:47
Obsessive

Funimation Adds Rosario + Vampire, Chaos;HEAd, Regios
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ire-anime-more

Chaos;HEAd: The VN was bad, whoever wrote it didn't know how mystery novels are written, plus they added extra girls for the sake of having them. The anime made the VN look good! Any way, the anime will see a R1 release in 2011.
Old 2010-05-17, 04:05
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Nope, just the artbooks, but they were very nice artbooks. Artbooks are sort of rare as tokuten.
I see; thanks for answering. The gengashuu art was really nice to see; I eat that stuff up.

And if that's the case, I guess I should feel lucky - the LE edition of Kimi no Nagori wa Shizuka ni Yurete (Flyable Heart AU/retelling) I preordered today comes with THREE artbooks, as well as an orgy of other stuff. This will be my first UNiSONSHIFT game (kinda; I have Flyable Heart on backorder as well), but even if it somehow ends up being horrible, I'll have neat stuff. They sure don't skimp on the extras.
Old 2010-05-19, 08:50

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Looks like OVERDRIVE will be adding activation to their games, starting with the game after Dear Drops, Dengeki Striker. They were originally going to add it to Dear Drops but realized it was a bad idea considering the preorders and delays. Navel will also be adding Alpha Activation to the Oretsuba fandisc. I still don't think it's going to do much to prevent piracy, though (see how well activation helped Studio e.go! curb piracy). It will have an adverse affect on the second-hand market, on the other hand...

http://www.over-drive.jp/diary/?p=553
http://www.project-navel.com/navel/faq/license.html
Old 2010-05-21, 06:20
Obsessive

Yosuga no Sora Adult Bishōjo Computer Game Gets Anime
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ame-gets-anime

regarding the activation... the only thing that worries me about it is that they can regional lock the activation process, if they want to do so. Although I don't know if they will really go that far.

P.S. I would really love to see any regional statistics they might wish to share about their customers (collected from the activations). The same thing goes to MG and JAST.
Old 2010-05-21, 06:49
Posts way too much

Neither akuchi nor shury2 seem capable of region-locking (since the eroge companies don't run the activation servers and I asked settec a while ago about whether akuchi restricted access to certain IP blocks and it doesn't) + this stuff is basically sold as a package. Akuchi and shury2 both TRACK the IP addresses, of course, and you can view that stuff in the license server software.

As for the second-hand market, yeah, it sucks. Standard procedure with shury2 is for patches that disable the activation to be made available a year or so after the game's release, but no such thing is mentioned re: akuchi. Might eventually become a standard thing to have to crack every second hand eroge you get. Shame, shame.
Old 2010-05-21, 07:32
Obsessive

I bypass the activation process for new installations if I can find the crack at the time of the installation. (ohh, and I will immediately apply noDVD crack)

any way, if a company, say minori, asked the activation software authors to restrict the regions, then they will have to do it or they will lose that customer. Just because they are not doing it right now doesn't mean they can't/won't do it. (note, the restriction can apply to single title while other titles remain unrestricted). Just because the activation server are not restricted does mean that the titles themselves are not.

so far, I've only seen the regional activation lock used by a single Russian game (the void). Developers usually attempt to block regional sale, but allow anyone to activate the title. But after seeing how little love some eroge developers have for people outside Japan, I won't be surprised if they put a regional lock on the activation process, although... I will be very disappointed.

Edit: P.S. we will cross that bridge when we come to it, until then, I guess there won't be any need to worry.

Last edited by Stranger; 2010-05-21 at 07:46.
Old 2010-05-22, 00:59
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

Yosuga no Sora Anime will coming soon....
can't believe it >.>
Old 2010-05-22, 01:42
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji_leo View Post
Yosuga no Sora Anime will coming soon....
can't believe it >.>
looks MOE~
Old 2010-05-22, 02:07
Posts way too much

Thankfully that's from the manga, not the anime itself. Pray it doesn't look anything like that - although since the anime is an adaptation of the manga, NOT an adaptation of the eroge (!!)... yeah, 99/100 chance it's going to be pretty horrible.
Old 2010-05-22, 02:42
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Eh, the art looks fine; the designs merely differ from the original game's.

I never really understood why people got so worked up about design changes (though, admittedly, competent ones are rare) in manga/anime adaptations. They're usually fairly necessary for the given medium. Of course, to be fair, I'm not sure you can call any of them better than the originals, save perhaps for the Comic Party manga - which was pretty good overall, imo.

Now if you want an awful eroge manga, check out Sharin no Kuni's. Christ almighty. Houzuki looks like a blob.
Closed Thread