gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-10-04, 08:46
Regular

Default Narcissu: Don't know if this is the best place to ask, but..

I've played Narcissu sometime ago, and I really liked it a lot. The one thing I truly loved about it though, was its BGMs; those were incredible piano arrangements, and I've used them as easy listening from time to time as well.

Here's the thing; I myself play the piano, and for a while now, I've been looking for piano sheets of any and all of the Narcissu BGMs. The music is so good, I really hoped to be able to play it myself. The catch is, I cannot find it ANYWHERE. Not on the Net, whether original sheets or transcriptions, no matter where I go or what I do. And if it IS possible to buy a Narcissu piano collection, I don't know where to get it.

I know this forum probably isn't the best place to ask, but trust me, I've tried dedicated forums like Ichigo's as well as any I could think of, and no dice. That's why I figured, since Haeleth is as close as anyone can get to Kataoka-san himself......maybe if anyone would know where to get Narcissu piano sheets, it would be someone on this forum. I won't mind paying for it, really I don't. The trick remains finding them in the first place. :(

Sorry to bother you guys.
Old 2006-10-04, 16:18
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

As far as I know, sheet music for Narcissu doesn't exist. Certainly not official published ones. I don't think it's even very common for commercial games, let alone a dojin work. I'm also not particularly aware of any transliterations in existence.

I'm not sure how the industry works, but if Kataoka had asked some of his contacts at the various music studios to create his music, it's even possible not even he has the scores but only recordings, and the scores are forever sitting in some branch office or some musician's private files somewhere.

Best bet might just be to grit your teeth, and learn the skill of transliterating the music yourself? The melody lines tend to be simple enough, but the accompanyment writing process always was what got me in the end.
Old 2006-10-04, 17:45
kanon fan

I've seen requests in the chinese forums from time to time but ... no luck
There exists a bunch of piano sheets for key's game though ...
Old 2006-10-05, 03:23

What song do you want transcibed the most? I'll do this... I loved the music in Narcissu.

I'll probably just do it as a MIDI though, I don't have any transcribing softward on-hand. Unless you happen to know the name of a good one.
Old 2006-10-05, 04:20
Regular

Thanks so much! As for which ones I want the most.......eh heh, they're all so nice. :p

*listens through all of them again*

Okay, I simply cannot pick one favourite song. But if I really have to choose, it'll be in order of most wanted:
1) 'Narcissu (Instrumental)'
2) 'Scarlet'
3) 'The Emerald Sea'
4) 'Eightmoon (A 120-yen Spring)'.

And as for transcription software.......Overture might be a good bet.
Old 2006-10-05, 11:49
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Scarlet?
I have a friend who can play that... (Musical geniuses... bah)
I'll ask her to write the note and scan them sometimes if u'd like? ^^
Old 2006-10-05, 14:14
Regular

Yes! I would like! :D

Thank you!
Old 2006-10-05, 15:27

Quote:
'Narcissu (Instrumental)'
Got it. Workin' on it!
Old 2006-10-06, 11:43
Visitor

Had to signup for an account and retype this entry...for some reason my post eaten up...I'm sure I choose the "Yes", I'm human option...:

You can contact one of the "resident" anime score transcribers - josh (http://www.alphatrance.com/0engine/music/anime/ask.php) or DJ Bouche (http://djbouche.net/wp/) for help.

The animescores forum (http://www.animescores.com/SheetMusic/index.htm) also seems quite active.

Narcissu's music is beautiful - it's nice to hear people are interested in transcribing it :)

Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to transcribe it, seeing that most of the music is piano-based.
Old 2006-10-21, 09:41
Regular

I'm not too sure how to ask either of these transcriber's......josh gives me the impression he wouldn't be too interested, and as for Bouche's site......I simply aren't too sure.

Anyone can tell me the best way to approach these two?
Old 2006-10-21, 22:34
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Yo mate, its been a while, but yeah, I have half of the music from her. She early done give or take a week or two ^^

Just giving ya an update ^^
Old 2006-10-22, 01:26
Visitor

@Ascaloth: Hmm, josh seems to have a soft spot for piano-based music, which is why I suggested him. I know that his submission criteria is rather harsh, but I believe it's just to keep to random people from asking him to transcribe completely unrelated stuff.

He also transcribed a few eroge OSTs, like Kanon and To Heart, so hopefully Narcissu should be ok with him.

Ultimately, it's his choice as to whether he wants to transcribe it or not. If he's interested, great, if not, then too bad - there's no harm in just asking him :) I can ask josh on your behalf, if you like.

As for DJ Bouche, I'm not too sure about how to contact him either - he hasn't specifically said that he would entertain requests.

@Ayato: Fantastic! One song down, 3 to go!
Old 2006-10-22, 02:50
Regular

Would you do that for me, bakavic? I think josh might be more willing to entertain someone he knows. Thanks a lot. :)

Thanks, Ayato. :)
Old 2006-10-23, 02:11
Visitor

Haha, I can't say that I know him personally, but I can say we've crossed paths. ;)

Ok, I've already sent him an email - we'll just have to wait for a reply then.

Oh ya, I've also let him know about Ayato's friend's transcription.
Old 2006-10-23, 15:28
Visitor

*Pops in*

Looks like you've got people working on this already-- I'll leave it to you, then. :D

And for those looking for transcription software, try these...
AmazingMIDI
Transcribe!