gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-28, 19:38
Addicted

Default Key staff diary

Noted on Moon Phase recently was this quote from the latest entry on the Key Staff Diary
(here: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/gallary/diary.htm ).

> [kanon][AIR]そして[CLANNAD]は自分の今までの人生のなかで特別な影響をもたらした作品だ
> と思います!いつ出るか分からないけど次の作品に期待しています!
ありがとうございます!
次回作、来年だしますよ! 今年もまだ何かありそうですよ!

A rough translation would be:

>I think [Kanon], [Air], and [Clannad] are all works that have had a
>special influence on my life up until now! I don't know when it'll be
>coming out, but I look forward to your next work!
Thank you! We'll be putting out our next work next year! It seems like there's still something left (to release) this year too!

---

Did I read this wrong? Are they just kidding? Frankly, I'm finding this very difficult to believe, given Key's track record of 4 years to 1 game ^^;;.
Old 2004-08-28, 23:50
Ciswe

There were some rumors of a Key fan disc going around for a while. I can't imagine that being released until next year though.
Old 2004-08-29, 01:21

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Maybe they were referring to a new port of a game, like maybe Clannad on PS2 >.>;;
Old 2004-09-02, 07:57
Addicted

http://www.product.co.jp/soft00.asp

Word has it that Key is doing a Kanon re-release on DVD in November.

Official notice from Key is still pending, but if this is true, then it'd fit neatly with what was noted in the diary above. Hope this won't mean additional time that Haeleth has to spend tweaking the patch for compatibility.
Old 2004-09-02, 08:16
Ex-boss

Wow, that looks... interesting.

Assuming it's true, then how soon I support it rather depends how they rerelease it... if it's a repackaging of the AVG32 version, then it should be trivial to support, but if it's a remake on RealLive it will obviously require porting.

I almost hope it isn't true... none of the people I've encouraged to buy the CD version recently are going to be very pleased if it is. ;)
Old 2004-09-02, 13:00

Oh wow, guess we'll know on Thanksgiving, at the latest. A voiced version of Kanon on DVD would be nice. :) I guess I'll hold off on buying that for the Dreamcast then...
Old 2004-09-03, 00:11
Obsessive

and hopefuly it will follow in other games DVD releases foot steps..... more CGs for the DVD version :-)

who knows.... maybe even some fanservice from Akiko (I had to add this.. :-) )
Old 2004-09-03, 03:36
adun50

but think about it, what other stuff would come on the dvd?? assuming they just use the orginal game and apply the voices to the game, at most it'll take is less than half a dvd. but being voiced, it'd most likely be the all-age version as well (so no Akiko fan-service for you!)
Old 2004-09-03, 04:30
Local

They can .. redo the graphics so it doesn't look like a stretched verion of the original. Maybe also some bonus material such as extra graphics/minigame and hopefully a new storyline/character, but that will never happen 'coz that wouldn't be kanon any more. But you can always hope ..
Old 2004-09-03, 04:41
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by adun50
but being voiced, it'd most likely be the all-age version as well (so no Akiko fan-service for you!)
Actually, the site has it down as 18+ at the moment, though that may well be an assumption they've made. I also find it difficult to believe Key would release a DVD version without including the voices, since they've already been done and all, but we're talking about the same company that passed up the chance to do voices for Clannad, an all-ages game released on a DVD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldareon
Maybe also some bonus material such as extra graphics/minigame and hopefully a new storyline/character, but that will never happen 'coz that wouldn't be kanon any more. But you can always hope .
I'm rather hoping for one of the more popular support characters to get promoted to full heroine status, like they did with Meiko in Mebius' re-release of Snow. As you say, though, it's not likely to happen as it'd involve considerable rewriting of the story.
Old 2004-09-03, 07:11

Perhaps they can add an 'after-story' for each of the main heroines so that you can sorta live Yuuichi's life afterwards, maybe something with a more comical atmosphere.
Old 2004-09-03, 10:29
K

Kanon DVD?

*drools at prospect*

*hand goes to wallet*
Old 2004-09-03, 18:47
Local

Imitates K.

It can only get better, right? Maybe they're upgrade the soundtrack, add native voice, and improve/add graphics.

I mean, it's not like they're gonna turn Kanon into a text adventure game...

Any idea on the price? The newer games coming out are INSANELY priced. I'd hate to have to buy "Kanon the DVD" for eight thousand yen, but I would and they know it.

Anything created from love is beyond good or evil.

ほら、お名前は" - 【天野】
Old 2004-09-03, 18:56
adun50

but if they changed a few things in the game, question we should all be asking is whether the translation patch can still be used with it. I'm assuming yes it would. but you never know
Old 2004-09-03, 19:02
Local

I'm sure Haeleth could do it, but it's a matter of how much they changed. If they completely rewrote the freakin script, yes we'd be fscked, but that's not likely to happen. I'd honestly be surprised if they changed much at all.
A company goes for the most amount of money for the least amount of work.

Anything created from love is beyond good or evil.

ほら、お名前は" - 【天野】
Closed Thread