gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-04-21, 23:08
Regular

Lol, they'll have to change to age rating for the DVDs to something like ... I don't know. >_>

Just another thing I've noticed, when Saber is blocking and enduring one of Berserker's swings after she had her armoured destroyed, she suddenly has her gauntlets on again. XD Maybe after 14 they really didn't give a rat's behind about 15 at all. >_<
Old 2006-04-22, 04:00
Ex-boss

16 is better.

Just the combination of a sleepy-Rin scene and a Saber-in-the-bath scene is enough to make up for most of 15's worst excesses. <3

Interesting ending, too. Whfg jung vf Pnfgre cynaavat gb qb jvgu Fnxhen...?
Old 2006-04-22, 08:23
Obsessive

How come 14 had new ending credits, but 15 reverted to the old one?
Old 2006-04-22, 09:43
Ex-boss

Seems the ED in 14 was a special one-off to mark Archer's passing.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:16
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Talbain

Well, they certainly decided to just drop the charade and give away everything in episode 16. They really don't even need to tell the rest of the story at this point... bit of a let down really. I was beginning to enjoy the whole "mystery" aspect of it all. It would've been ok if they gave some stuff away about Saber's identity, but they didn't have to dump the rest of the plot on you all at once.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:40
Ex-boss

Hmm? I don't recall them giving away why Saber wants the grail so badly, nor why she has memories of the previous grail war when servants normally remember only things from their original lifetime, to pick just two things about just one character. (Though I admit I wasn't paying attention fully as I watched, so maybe they did?)

I agree there's a narrative failure here, but it's not so much that they've given everything away, as that they haven't given enough away: they've answered too many questions without replacing them with new questions, so the casual viewer doesn't realise that there are issues that haven't been explained, because they've barely been mentioned so far. :/
Old 2006-04-23, 07:49
Obsessive

Perhaps this is what I'm missing. Maybe they just assume that the viewer will have already played the game? I dunno. I thought the battle was interesting though. Shirou got some balls. Yay.
Old 2006-04-23, 07:56
Ex-boss

It's a common problem with game conversions, particularly from <s>tedious</s> verbose writers like the Aubergine Mushroom. I guess even 20+ episodes isn't enough for them to fit everything in and keep it coherent.

Frankly I'm a bit concerned about where it's going to go from here... there's so few episodes left, it looks like they're going to have to do a lot more dumping to make it to even a halfway-satisfactory ending in time...
Old 2006-04-23, 08:22
Obsessive

Or maybe they just... won't.

I'd much prefer the thing didn't finish at all if time constraints won't allow for it. Second season is fine, or simply ending with a cliffhanger wouldn't be bad either. I don't foresee either happening though, because for whatever reason Japanese writers get retarded when it comes to ending a series. (NGE anyone?)
Old 2006-04-23, 09:25

There are very few anime's that end as i'd like them to end.
Most of them use an open end, which works in some cases but doesn't in most.
We can only hope this will change in the near future :p
Old 2006-05-04, 13:06

After using kag3/kirkiri to nscripter/onscripter (mainly meant for psp) to get at the resource files of the game (due to errors with xp3 & tlg plugins) and seeing the graphics of [n qrnq Eva, naq fbzr n Funqbjl irefvba bs fbzr punenpgref fhpu nf Fnore]...then watching episode 17 where it actually uses that one jagged blade on saber, I'm really looking forward to seeing how the anime series turns out. Aspecially what happens with Saber, though I personally like Rin just as much if not more.

Will be a good game to see fan-translated one day in it's entirety. Enjoyed the demo, but really i dislike the way in the kag3/kirikiri client how they display the text down the whole screen for everything, instead of just choices. Kind of a shame that Onegi Twins was done in the same client and text display. But I really do like both the anime and game.

Some one was right though when they said how they really overlooked a lot in the fight between lancer and archer, as well as about Rin. Seems like they really overlooked everything that showed Rin's lighter-side to make it seem like she was more of the professional mage in the show. Dissapointing as the parts in the demo were enjoyable between Rin and Archer. Atleast Archer did get a really good part in the episode between him and Berserker. Makes me wonder if he was just hiding who he really was from Rin, though. As far as the Serverts go though, even if I like Saber a lot, I will say Archer seemed like one of the best if not they greatest character of them. From his awesome ability simular to Shirou's for creating unlimited blades, a blade bow (sort of like my prefered weapon), his man-of-mystery attitude, and and most of all that FLAIR of excitement that he puts into things when he goes into action. Definately a servent to team up with in any situation.

[Edit: rot13 spoilers - Haeleth]
Old 2006-05-04, 13:26
Obsessive

I would be grateful if you would at least put up a spoiler warning before anyone else reads that.
Old 2006-05-20, 10:46
Obsessive

Hmm, the past few episodes have been fairly lackluster, but episode 20 was actually pretty good. A lot of development between Shirou and Saber, plus judging from the previews next episode looks to be a winner.

If the remaining episodes keep up I think there's still hope for the series to be significantly better then average.
Old 2006-05-20, 11:18
Ex-boss

20 was good because they stopped playing silly games with extracanonical bondage-gear Sakura and got back to the original script. 21 looks to be going to do the same. If they have the sense to stop trying to cram stuff in and just stick with Fate from here on, the ending will be great. But they've kind of demolished my confidence in that... :/
Old 2006-05-20, 12:52

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

So was Bondage Sakura made up by the TV creators, or did they pull it from some other scenario like Heaven's Feel?