gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-01-04, 17:51
Obsessive

Default Freeloaders(isourou)

There seem to be many ungrateful freeloaders in Key's games. I don't think Yukito ever thanked Misuzu or Haruko for letting him eat and sleep at their place for free. Instead, he's usually very mean towards them.

In Kanon, Akiko allows Yukichi to stay for free. Yukichi doesn't understand how to be grateful and repays the debt by bringing in even more freeloaders, Makoto and her pet cat.

Do all Key games have ungrateful freeloaders?
Old 2006-01-04, 19:12
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Donut Send a message via MSN to Donut

These are those moments "It's A Game God Damnit!"

But anyway, yeah a bit rude. Freeloaders indeed :D. Let's just say the guys on the Key games are usually the like .. only male. He's like .. Keanu Reeves! The One! The Only! ... you see. No one can kick out Keanu Reeves!
Old 2006-01-04, 19:41
K

Well, in RPGs you can raid people's houses for treasure and they don't care. Games are weird.
Old 2006-01-04, 21:51
Obsessive

Send a message via MSN to Carl
Default Re: Freeloaders(isourou)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonmasterX
There seem to be many ungrateful freeloaders in Key's games. I don't think Yukito ever thanked Misuzu or Haruko for letting him eat and sleep at their place for free. Instead, he's usually very mean towards them.
Everyone (sans Misuzu) is mean to each other at the start of AIR. That's the point.

It'd hardly make for very interesting character development if everyone were nice, balanced, emotionally stable and socialable people with no repressed anguish or trauma, now would it?
Old 2006-01-04, 21:54
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Freakker Send a message via Yahoo to Freakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Well, in RPGs you can raid people's houses for treasure and they don't care. Games are weird.
Yeah, but they don't like when you steal from their shop(GB Zelda: Links Awakening)(Yes, I realize its not an RPG, but that same rule applies to Zelda games).
Old 2006-01-05, 05:18
Ex-boss

It's a good point, though... you get the same sort of thing happening in Clannad (though rather more politely), and the situation in ONE is similar to Kanon. Indeed, most Key games have multiple 居候 characters...

If nothing else, I guess it's a convenient way of ensuring that the hero ends up sleeping under the same roof as some or all of the heroines. It's also a useful device for expounding the virtues of family life by bringing in an outsider to observe a happy (?) family and gradually find a place among them, which may explain why it's so popular among Key's writers.

(It's interesting to note that IIRC Little Busters will have a boarding-school setting, which will perform a very similar role for both romantic purposes and for setting up a stage for preaching about community and friendship.)
Old 2006-01-06, 01:55

I think mostly what they mean with the being rude is to show that they are a very close family already wich gives the player the feeling of when you argue with friends you know, and are rude to them so they don't really care.

Anyway It's pretty ok I guess. It's only a game nothing to really worry there. Althou I'd never do that in someone else house :P
Old 2006-01-07, 17:01

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I'd like to refer you to the second picture... :)
http://www.cjas.org/~zalas/pics/tomoyo/