gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-07-06, 02:22
Obsessive

Default names of users avetors

hopefuly not tooooo much to ask, but can everyone add a small comment in there signture stating where his/her current avetor come from?! (hope for a link to the offical website if possible).

じゃ、 いま は haelethさん の avetor が だれ です か?
Old 2005-07-06, 04:54
Ex-boss

Mine? Currently Minagi Sanjoh from Sense off. I'd post a link to the makers' site, but they just closed it down and deleted all the content... :(

Edit: now changed. The avatar in question was
Old 2005-07-06, 08:22
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Futaba Channel
Old 2005-07-06, 08:23
omgwtflolz

Made it.
Old 2005-07-06, 08:57
Addicted

I made mine from a screengrab of Kanoso, the free and horrific parody of Kanon which can be downloaded by the strong of heart and mind at the author's website: http://www.cokage.ne.jp/~hiiragi/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Mine? Currently Minagi Sanjoh from Sense off. I'd post a link to the makers' site, but they just closed it down and deleted all the content... :(
Are you serious? Did they just go out of business, or are they maybe redesigning their website?
Old 2005-07-06, 11:42
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
Are you serious? Did they just go out of business, or are they maybe redesigning their website?
Seems they're gone for good.

A lot of VisualArts brands are fairly transient entities anyway. "Otherwise" cropped up in about 2000, released two games in fairly quick succession (Sense off and 未来にキスを), and then apparently disbanded; the site (http://otherwise.product.co.jp/) remained unchanged from around 2002 until mid-2005, when it took on its current form, which basically just says that they're closed, and their second game is going to get a remake made by another VisualArts brand (13cm). Sense off, it appears, is just going to disappear into obscurity. :(
Old 2005-07-06, 22:04
omgwtflolz

And now I've switched to 楓ゆづき from はるのあしおと.
Old 2005-07-06, 22:23
kouryuu

mine is Kanako Ohno, the cosplay loving, bald-guy fetished, member of Genshiken!

--She's also the only female member of the club v-.- unless you count the very violent Saki-san, who is sorta forced to be there.--

(It's an anime about an Anime Club for those that don't know)
Old 2005-07-07, 20:19
Local

Well...... I used to have an avatar of my favorite watermelon lady, Mutsumi from Love Hina, but I removed it because kouryuu's avatar is 200 pixels tall when it should have been limited to 125...
Old 2005-07-07, 21:02
Local

I know it's a double post, but I decided to make one from the interesting game demo I played today.

This girl's name is Eris Omori, she is from the game Anonono, which can be found at the Insani website. Eris has a really cute face.
Old 2005-07-08, 01:15
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudicatorOmega
Well...... I used to have an avatar of my favorite watermelon lady, Mutsumi from Love Hina, but I removed it because kouryuu's avatar is 200 pixels tall when it should have been limited to 125...
Wait, so why'd Mutsumi's kotatsu worshipping have to suffer? :(
Old 2005-07-08, 05:10
Local

My avatar comes with no explanation needed (hopefully ^_^ - PM me to save the embarassment of public humiliation if you need to!)

I've had this avatar for practically a year now and most probably needs to be changed but I barely have the time to even read the messages in the forums nowadays.

I AM interested though in knowing the reasoning behind the avatar names. As for me, I normally use Roman names for my user id's and avatars. Aldareon just came to my head while as I woke up on the train to Uni. I neglected to use it for many months though as I normally use names that begin with "P", such as Praetextus and Procyon.
Old 2005-07-08, 05:37
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudicatorOmega
I removed it because kouryuu's avatar is 200 pixels tall when it should have been limited to 125...
I haven't really been bothering to enforce size limits - the only reason there's one given at all is that the board software requires one. I'm really only going to object if someone starts using one that's so big or flashy that it ends up disrupting things. Which hasn't quite happened yet, though I wouldn't want to see anything much bigger than kouryuu's. ^^;

As for the rationale behind my name... uh, when the board at Dave's Classics (remember them? ^_^) was changed one time way back in the 90s, someone else got my usual nick before I could, so I tried to pick a new one that I was damn sure nobody else was ever going to choose. ;)
Old 2005-07-08, 09:57
Addicted

Default Re: names of users avetors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
hopefuly not tooooo much to ask, but can everyone add a small comment in there signture stating where his/her current avetor come from?! (hope for a link to the offical website if possible).
長森瑞佳 of One fame.
Fans and detractors alike also know her as だよもん(星人).

One Official Website
Watsuki Ayamo's website (Not work safe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldareon
I AM interested though in knowing the reasoning behind the avatar names.
恥ずかしい告白コーナー
People have drawn negative inferences in the past about the rationale behind my name from the fact that you can type it using only your left hand, but it's really because being the unimaginative sort, I lay down on the keyboard and went with what came up. I'm not sure which is more embarassing.
Old 2005-07-08, 10:34
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
unless you count the very violent Saki-san, who is sorta forced to be there.--
<------ sup

As for my nick, it's a name of some otherwise non-descript Orc hero in Warcraft 2 which I liked to use the last couple of years, but nowadays I'm a lot more random with nicks.