gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-08-24, 12:33
Local

Send a message via AIM to Edger

Yeah, should be done with Saya route within the next week or so. If anybody knows some old Japanese speak, then I could use some help. Saya route has some Noh and Kabuki plays and such, and she recites a famous line from 義経千本桜. The line is question is told by 静御前.

「しづやしづ しづのをだまき くり返し 昔を今に なすよしもがな」
「吉野山 峰の白雪 ふみわけて 入りにし人の 跡ぞ恋しき」

As it stands, I'm going to leave this in romanji form.
Old 2009-08-24, 17:28
Posts way too much

i'm sure there's an english translation of yoshitsune senbonzakura somewhere but I'll be damned if I can find it online
Old 2009-08-24, 22:09
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edger View Post
「しづやしづ しづのをだまき くり返し 昔を今に なすよしもがな」
「吉野山 峰の白雪 ふみわけて 入りにし人の 跡ぞ恋しき」

As it stands, I'm going to leave this in romanji form.
I took a class in Classical Japanese, so here's my translation (with some differences because I tried to retain syllable count). I used Japanese Wikipedia for some hints on translating them, the major hints being what each poem is trying to express (provided after each poem). The line breaks represent the breaks in the poem shown by spaces in the original Japanese you provided. They both follow the traditional 5-7-5-7-5 pattern.

"Shizu, I Shizu,
unwinding and rewinding
my tiny hemp roll,
wish there was some way
to make the past the present."

I'm a little unsure about the first lines, Japanese Wikipedia said she writes her own name as 倭文 for the first line. This poem is supposed to express Shizu's desire to return the world to when her husband was in power.

"In Mount Yoshino,
on its white, snow-covered peak,
in the parted snow banks,
there, his footsteps lie.
Oh, how I truly love them!"

In this second poem, Shizu's reply, she refers back to the mountain where she and Yoshitsune parted. This poem is meant to show her longing for her husband who has left and hid himself away in the mountain.
Old 2009-08-25, 09:35
Local

Awesome, much appreciated. I'm not poetic at all, but this makes more sense now. I've never heard of Yoshitune Senbonzakura until now, so I did learn some things.
Old 2009-11-22, 10:30
Visitor

Talking

I sincerely thank you for the hard work that you had put in
Your precious time spent for the bulk of us will be most treasured.

It is very unbelieving that you had managed to persevered through these years just by translating lol
Translation work is a tedious one.

I am really glad that there's someone who is willing to translate it.
Thanks !

Keep up the good work ! I will be checking back constantly
Cheers !
Old 2009-11-22, 15:28
Local

Well, update time then.

Currently about halfway through Mami's route. I tried getting a hold of my hacker person about a month back so I could start actually putting crap into the actual script, but apparently he had nothing on him. So I looked around, and got some stuff working.

Right now I'm using AnimED (Tools linked from TLWiki) to unpackage the .mrg files inside the root directory, which gives me about 850 .mes files, which are the scripts I'm guessing. Then I use the text extractor / inserter tools provided by roxfan in this thread. At this point, I have the script files in .txt format, which I can edit or whatever. Then by using the same tools, I insert it back into .mes format, and package it all together again with AnimED, and replace the original .mrg file with the repackaged one.

Problems I've found so far is that the text backlog in the game sometimes get cut off, and that there's no text wrapping (I believe the Clannad patch had this problem at one point in time). I'm thinking of just manually inserting line breaks after however many characters a line can hold. A bit tedious, but right now I don't have any better idea's.
Old 2009-12-13, 11:18
Unregistered

Quote:
Well, update time then.

Currently about halfway through Mami's route. I tried getting a hold of my hacker person about a month back so I could start actually putting crap into the actual script, but apparently he had nothing on him. So I looked around, and got some stuff working.

Right now I'm using AnimED (Tools linked from TLWiki) to unpackage the .mrg files inside the root directory, which gives me about 850 .mes files, which are the scripts I'm guessing. Then I use the text extractor / inserter tools provided by roxfan in this thread. At this point, I have the script files in .txt format, which I can edit or whatever. Then by using the same tools, I insert it back into .mes format, and package it all together again with AnimED, and replace the original .mrg file with the repackaged one.

Problems I've found so far is that the text backlog in the game sometimes get cut off, and that there's no text wrapping (I believe the Clannad patch had this problem at one point in time). I'm thinking of just manually inserting line breaks after however many characters a line can hold. A bit tedious, but right now I don't have any better idea's.
Well, you could always ask for one of the bigger translation groups like Amaterasu Translations or Yandere translations for help if its just the hacking you need help with.
Old 2009-12-13, 14:07
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, you could always ask for one of the bigger translation groups like Amaterasu Translations or Yandere translations for help if its just the hacking you need help with.
I think I'll wait until after I'm done with the translation and the editing. Though I say edit, it's more like a rewrite of most of the scripts since right now it's...repetitive and dull to say the least.

On a totally different note, I plan on translating the rest of the Canvas 2 manga after I'm done with all this since the current group doing it is pretty much stalled.
Old 2009-12-13, 17:48
Unregistered

Quote:
Though I say edit, it's more like a rewrite of most of the scripts since right now it's...repetitive and dull to say the least.
I hope by "rewrite" you mean adding variation and expression to your translation rather than actually rewriting the script because you don't like it.
Old 2009-12-13, 18:22
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I hope by "rewrite" you mean adding variation and expression to your translation rather than actually rewriting the script because you don't like it.
Yeah, that's what I mean.
Old 2010-01-09, 21:51
Regular

is it bad to ask for an update?
well I'm that impatient since I know there was an update 10 days ago.
but still, I wanna know what happened now in the translation.
I'm really looking forward to this and to think it's pretty near into completion now. :D
Old 2010-01-10, 07:30
Local

Well to be honest, I've been going kind of slow lately. I've done around 200 lines or so since 10 days ago, which normally should only take 1-2 days for me. It's getting there though. There are other things to be done too, but those things shouldn't take long.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:58
Regular

ah.. thanks for the reply...
I'll wait impatiently now. XD
Old 2010-01-31, 03:15
Visitor

It is now at the end of January and start of February. I am still waiting impatiently for a new update on Mami's route.

How is your work progressing, Mr. Edger? Your last update was 21 days (3 weeks) ago.
Old 2010-01-31, 05:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelok View Post
It is now at the end of January and start of February. I am still waiting impatiently for a new update on Mami's route.

How is your work progressing, Mr. Edger? Your last update was 21 days (3 weeks) ago.
From TLWiki (status updated January 31st):

"Route In Progress:

* Mami Takeuchi (27 / 33)"