gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2007-08-19, 00:26
Unregistered

No, it's actually doing pretty well (in terms of sales) and the stupid reviews (the ones at 0) or whatever have subsided.

But on the other hand, there's also a lot of the exact opposite and most of it is generally the same individual route = bad, main route = good, which makes up for the rest of the game.

When you think about it like that, it's really a problem since Maeda's quitting writing (and turning into a hikikomori, or getting involved in game system making, or focusing on music) and Tonokawa (Komari and Yuiko writer) is already in charge of the next game project.
Old 2007-08-19, 00:56
boggart

Well for newcomers like me, I'm having an awesome time with the game, uncovering all the individual routes and revelling in the music and story. Unlike many of the Key veterens who love Maeda's work, I've come to like all three of the routes I have gone through so far (Komari's, Kudo's and Haruka's) - none of which are Maeda's scenarios. I guess I can't really say how I feel without completing the entire game, but so far, it's all good.

So if you're new like me, you'll probably have fun with the game if you have no expectations at all. I think the main point may be that all the previous Key games have done remarkably well, so trying to reach that standard with new writers might be a bit of a challenge in these new days at Key.
Old 2007-08-19, 01:17
Unregistered

Yeah, but how good is your Japanese judging by your posts on Animesuki?

Last edited by Misu; 2007-08-20 at 16:21. Reason: Un-rudifying it
Old 2007-08-19, 02:31
Bill

Script-wise, how disappointing are the individual routes when compared to best-selling games by competitors? Many mention that the new writers can't live up to Maeda's high standard, but from an industry standpoint, that isn't necessarily disastrous if their scripts are still decent next to the competition (i.e. people still seem to like Hook, August, and Nekoneko Soft, despite some criticism over the scripts). Key will just become a more typical brand that might continue releasing popular (above average quality), albeit unspectacular games.

OTOH, if the scripts are mediocre in general, with Maeda's scenarios being the only saving grace, Key's going to be in big trouble.
Old 2007-08-19, 02:57
Unregistered

Kudo and Haruka's routes are somewhat decent, everything else is way above average. Refrain

The only ones complaining are

-Hardcore Key fanboys who don't like the whole non-Keyish setting and atmosphere in general

-People who think everyone should have died because it's not Key if nobody dies

-"Special" individuals who can't comprehend the plot ("I don't get it, therefore it sucks").

-2ch antis (anti-whateveritis trolls, we get them for everything)

-Idiots who barely understand Japanese and base all of their comments on reviews by antis

-Dumbasses who don't understand Japanese and are basing all of their comments on the ones by idiots who barely understand Japanese and base all of their comments on reviews by antis
Old 2007-08-19, 02:59
Unregistered

Gah, hit the post button too early.

Refrain is a lot better than the silly shit at the end of Clannad's Ushio route and everything in Kanon, and I personally like it much more than Air.
Old 2007-08-19, 16:13
Local

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku

I wonder if the new script writers will look at the feedback from the game for the new project. Maybe Maeda may come back >.> Is Itaru still doing art for Key?
Old 2007-08-19, 16:54
byndhrzn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Script-wise, how disappointing are the individual routes when compared to best-selling games by competitors?
They're not really that disappointing but I can't find anything overly memorable about them either. I don't think too highly of companies like Hook or August so I can't really compare, but I prefer last two Nekoneko games I played (Scarlett, Sanarara) from what I played of LB so far, haven't done Refrain part of LB and final ending yet though.
Old 2007-08-20, 05:14
Unregistered

Old 2007-08-20, 11:19
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
Is Itaru still doing art for Key?
Sure. She was the main artist (with Na-Ga) for Little Busters! ^_~
Old 2007-08-20, 18:23
Local

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsurou View Post
Sure. She was the main artist (with Na-Ga) for Little Busters! ^_~
I meant for the newer projects that will come up. Just making sure she wasn't leaving too ^-^
Old 2007-08-22, 17:31
Malek

If you are interested, looks like someone has been editing the Wikipedia page of the game with lots of spoilers.

V qba'g haqrefgnaq jul, ohg gur fcbvyref frrz gb nffhzr gur Eva Raqvat nf gur gehr bar.
Old 2007-08-23, 11:38
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek View Post
If you are interested, looks like someone has been editing the Wikipedia page of the game with lots of spoilers.

V qba'g haqrefgnaq jul, ohg gur fcbvyref frrz gb nffhzr gur Eva Raqvat nf gur gehr bar.
Yes, theres also somewhat of debate about spoilers on wikipedia currently. I would prefer if they kept them exclusively to the plot section and kept the character sections clean as the over prevalence of them has halted my editing efforts for that page. There is a discussion about that here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Little_Busters%21
Old 2007-08-24, 05:57
boggart

It seems that 18 guy is taking it as his job to be the owner of all Key related articles on Wikipedia. I think there's some discrepancy between the other articles and 'Little Busters!' such that none of the others have all the plot spoilers revealed in their articles so blatantly.

I don't know how wikipedia works, so yeah...
Old 2007-08-24, 15:44
Juhachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
It seems that 18 guy is taking it as his job to be the owner of all Key related articles on Wikipedia. I think there's some discrepancy between the other articles and 'Little Busters!' such that none of the others have all the plot spoilers revealed in their articles so blatantly.

I don't know how wikipedia works, so yeah...
Hello, I am that "18 guy" you refer to. First of all, I do not claim ownership on any articles. I merely look over them and make sure they remain consistent, updated, vandal free, and any thing else that goes along with the editing process. I may be one of the major contributors of Key related content on Wikipedia, but in the end, that only means I have a special interest in that company and their works.

Secondly, if you have looked at the Planetarian article for one, you'd see that no spoilers are omitted from the plot section either. On the Air article, the plot is described in detail in what happens in each of the separate story arcs. As for the reason spoiler information for the characters are kept off of the Kanon, Air, and Clannad main articles is due to a split of the characters section after there was enough character description to warrant a split, which will most likely happen to Little Busters! in the future as well. Right now, there just is not enough content in the characters section to warrant such a split, so the spoilers have to stay. I myself have been spoiled quite a bit on not only Little Busters!, but Clannad as well, so I realize the risks of editing fiction on Wikipedia. And even when/if the spoilers for the characters section are redirected, the spoilers for the setting and plot will still be kept, so there'll be spoilers there regardless.