gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2009-08-12, 01:55
Unregistered

Default rUGP

Okay, so I know that, as a whole, âge's rUGP still hasn't been hacked in a way that would make it possible to translate these games, but I have searched around a bit and am not sure exactly which part of the engine poses the serious problems.

I'm personally looking to just extract the scripts of Muv-Luv and Alternative, so would something like this be possible somehow? Or is even extracting a huge problem?
Old 2009-08-12, 03:11
Local

Even if you extract them, chance is you won't be able to insert them back forever.
Old 2009-08-12, 10:09
Unregistered

Well, like I said, I have no intention of ever inserting them (or even doing any translation for that matter). Just extract.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:35
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
as a whole, âge's rUGP still hasn't been hacked in a way that would make it possible to translate these games
In fact, at least the older versions of the rUGP engine (KgNE - DVD specification, SFD) have been analyzed well enough to allow simple text extraction and reinsertion. A (really old) version of the tools can be found at http://www.geocities.com/kolya_kgne/RIODecode/kgne.html, source code included. These tools are being used for the KgNE translation project.

Engine has been slightly updated for later games (starting with some MuvLuv version, I believe). It's still possible to extract text from them, but reinserting requires significant amount of manual work.
Old 2009-08-17, 15:39
Posts way too much

I had some preliminary stuff for Rasen Kairou, but rUGP is bytecode hell and the engine's a nightmare to debug, so needless to say  progress  was  not  going  quickly
Old 2009-08-17, 17:31
Obsessive

Why is rUGP so hard to hack?
Old 2009-08-17, 18:05
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
Why is rUGP so hard to hack?
Uses MFC.

http://www.woodmann.com/forum/blog.php?b=134

Also, Nagato has produced some usable tools for MuvLuv here: http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35686