gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-08-13, 09:54
Staff

Default AIR Summer Special thread...

Might as well get hyped up now...they posted a trailer for it.

edit It's the same one as the one from ep 13. x.x; But regardless...it's coming~
Old 2005-08-13, 11:43
Obsessive

Location: Trying not to get thrown out by Reverie like that Nazi in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
Send a message via AIM to New Send a message via MSN to New Send a message via Yahoo to New

Who's gonna be the first to fansub it?
Old 2005-08-13, 11:49
Ex-boss

Probably nobody competent, and almost certainly not Takeda Honyakubu. :P
Old 2005-08-13, 11:59
Obsessive

Location: Trying not to get thrown out by Reverie like that Nazi in Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.
Send a message via AIM to New Send a message via MSN to New Send a message via Yahoo to New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Probably nobody competent, and almost certainly not Takeda Honyakubu. :P
Yay.

Despite the fact that I sobbed like a little girl from the end of episode 11 all the way through 12 and into the first half of 13, I laughed when Kanna was practicing with the rocks.

Bonk Bonk BONK!

Kanna: ..... *Falls over*
Old 2005-08-16, 09:37
Local

Perhaps the legendary speedsubbing group KOI will revive themselves and sub the AIR summer special.

/me crosses fingers
Old 2005-08-30, 02:17
Obsessive

i just spotted what looks to be the first of the summer special eps out in [one of the l337er places for acquiring anime raws]!

downloading it as i type this *beams*

*edit*

i probably shouldnt have stayed up this late and waited for it to finish.. then watched it..

but, it was worth it XD
Old 2005-08-30, 04:41
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

..... your not supposed to post links to full eps here, I do believe. Even if it is RAW.
Old 2005-08-30, 06:17
Ex-boss

Link? What link? :P

Well, if it's out, and we're watching it various ways which I will choose to assume are all perfectly legitimate (please don't disillusion me)... break out the rot13 and discuss!
Old 2005-08-30, 07:42
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
(please don't disillusion me)
<strike> It looks already impossible any further to me. :p</strike>
Old 2005-08-30, 10:13
Ex-boss

Okay, so it's pretty much exactly as expected - the parts of SUMMER that they left out in the original run, animated to the same high quality as the rest.

I kind of wish they'd repeated the parts they already showed too... the effect is kind of disjointed. I wonder if anyone's going to edit this and the SUMMER episodes of the original series together to produce a single and complete SUMMER...?
Old 2005-08-30, 12:23
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misu
..... your not supposed to post links to full eps here, I do believe. Even if it is RAW.
whoops sorry about that-

The only complaint i had was what haeleth already mentioned - some of the scene changes hop over a quite a bit of plot, with no explanation. Not that i really felt i needed it, but some people not so.. fanatic as us will probably loose their frame of reference a few times.

But enough about the bad!

gur punatrf gb gur vaeb jrer n avpr fhcevfr, v'yy arire pbzcynva jura xnaan trgf zber fperra gvzr. Vg jnf n oyrffvat gb svanyyl frr gur fvqr bs xnaan gung jr bayl tbg tyvzcfrf bs va gur gjb zrnfryl rcvfbqrf gung gurl nyybggrq ure. Xnaan avooyvat ba gur ahg, naq fynccvat gur zrybaf (qbxb ab buvzr fnzn qn? [npx EBG13 qbfag jbex sbe wncnarfr! ragre ebznawv..]) ner n srj bs zl snibevgr arj fprarf ^^

All in all it just makes me sad that i'm not good enough at reading japanese to enjoy the game, because goodness knows how many Other scenes there are that viewers of the anime miss out on.

But i have a feeling kanna might get a few more votes next character battle!
Old 2005-08-30, 15:50

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

They do show that one scene with Kanna, Ryuuya and the Azuma soldier again, and I think they reuse a shot or two here and there.

All in all, it was very enjoyable, though it was interesting that Kanna running in the fields has a AIR IN SUMMER watermark on the lower right, which means that the preview of it at the end of the summary episode would actually be a better video source for that :3

Furthermore, I'm pleased they changed some footage in the opening and ending to make it more "SUMMER"-y.
Old 2005-08-30, 17:10
Obsessive

Also, a minor thing, but i thought that the addition of Kanna and Ryuuya (i'm fairly sure it was him) holding hands at the end of the closing song, as per the logo / children from the end of the series, was a nice touch.
Old 2005-08-30, 22:50
Addicted

ROT13!! ROT13 IS YOUR FRIEND!!

A semi-related question: From looking at Play-Asia.com, it seems that the Air In Summer DVD is out in October. However, there is also this Air In Memories DVD out in November. At a running time of 55 minutes, I wouldn't think it's going to be TOO long, but does anyone have any idea what it is, exactly?
Old 2005-08-31, 04:37
Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Misu Send a message via MSN to Misu Send a message via Yahoo to Misu

The Memories DVD is that recap 13th episode plus all the footage that was on the AIR -Prelude- DVD that is a real pain to get now cuase its out of print.