gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2005-12-30, 06:17
mr.aufziehvogel

Default japanese translation..

hi

can somebody, who can red japanese, translate a few things for me?

i found http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp/ and http://www.konamistyle.jp/customfact...ine/index.html and http://www.4gamer.net/specials/tokim..._ol_cbt2.shtml and finally http://www.4gamer.net/DataContents/game/1994.html

can someone plz tell me if this game is some kind of "online bishoujo game"? or what's this all about :)
Old 2005-12-30, 09:42
Obsessive

Hmm, their catch-phrase seems to be "つながる友情、つなげる愛情、ひろがる学園生活", badly translated as "connected friends, connecting love, an expansive high-school campus life"

This link has the basic concept info: http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp...r/concept.html

Apparently its some sort of highschool life simulation MMO. Pretty much, think of a Dating Sim Online.

"Will you devote yourself to a club?"
"Will you reach the top through studying?"
"Whether or not love is fufilled all depends on you!"

Strange!
Old 2005-12-30, 10:06
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by l|ammamama
Hmm, their catch-phrase seems to be "つながる友情、つなげる愛情、ひろがる学園生活", badly translated as "connected friends, connecting love, an expansive high-school campus life"

This link has the basic concept info: http://www.tokimemo-online.konami.jp...r/concept.html

Apparently its some sort of highschool life simulation MMO. Pretty much, think of a Dating Sim Online.

"Will you devote yourself to a club?"
"Will you reach the top through studying?"
"Whether or not love is fufilled all depends on you!"

Strange!
Yup, its the MMO version of the (at one point) massively popular 'Tokemeki Memorial' console games.
Old 2005-12-30, 12:38

I've already tried to get a beta tester place but no luck. The last chance might be the second recruiting for beta 2, though I doubt that I will be among the luck 5000. Beta tester even get 30days free once the real service starts, but as always, randomly selection means that I lose. 何故だ、命運の女神よ
Old 2005-12-30, 16:15
Regular

Well, from the screenies this looks pretty much like Ragnarok Online (I'm putting RO as an example because of its graphics and overall tone) without the combat. The social component seems to be divided between overworld chatting and face-to-face chats, which are handled by something very similar to a visual-novel engine.

Replace RO's monster-bashing with some routine stuff involving studying, sports and all that stuff (think day-to-day simulator like True Love or Maids' Story).

Well, that was pretty much all I could gather with my EXTREMELY LIMITED japanese skills. And eyes.
Ok, I admit it. I looked at the pretty pictures.
Old 2006-01-07, 15:44

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

I signed up for the 2nd Beta a few months back. It should be starting sometime near Valentine's Day (bwahaha)
Old 2006-02-13, 12:41

You can use Babelfish to see it in English, although it doesn't turn out 100% accurate, you can understand the point of it all.

http://babelfish.altavista.com

Just enter the URL of the site into the box and then click translate or whatever it says.
Old 2006-02-13, 16:00
rodan

Many 'girls' online aren't really girls...

It's gotta be disturbing to see some of these 'girls' in Tokimemo Online. >.<
Old 2006-02-13, 16:20

Well, started playing this the other night. There are 3 main types of stuff you do in the game. There's class time, where you and the other students answer trivia-type questions (10 per class) and level up your academics that way while increasing your stress a bit. For each question, there's something on the order of 15-20 seconds before you have to answer. You can technically ask your neighbors for help, but no one seems to really do it.

The 2nd type of stuff is club activities. You basically build a deck of your "moves" beforehand (note that you don't start off with enough moves to play through a full round). You and your opponent then take turns doing moves and stuff. I still haven't beaten an opponent yet...

The 3rd type of stuff is drama events. They are like mini AVG stories, where you have to choose your action at certain points in the plot. They require usually 2 (or more) players to do, but you can fill in one with an NPC if you're like me and don't know anyone.

At the end of each of the 3 types of gameplay, you have the chance to earn some items and such.

For me, the academics gets _hard_ at times because I can't read the stuff fast enough to answer in 15 seconds. For example, one of them was like there are 5 boys and 3 girls and asks you how many possible ways are there to seat them in a row of 8 seats such that no girl is ever next to another or something.
Old 2006-02-13, 16:36
Obsessive

Haha what the heck, that academic part sounds like.. school o_O

What seems to be the 'goal' of the game? or, should I say, what kind of rewards etc can you get for having good grades / winning the athletic whathaveyous?
Old 2006-02-13, 16:47
mr.aufziehvogel

lol maybe that's part of some .."if they don't learn it at school, let's get it into their heads with this game" strategy ;P

@zalas: what ping did u have..i mean there are only japanese servers...
Old 2006-02-13, 18:20

I get on average 2 seconds of lag in game. It's not too bad for the time limited stuff, because the timer is handled client side... However, I suspect it'll allow more people to cheat...
Old 2006-02-13, 19:22
rodan

Two player story events? What happens if say, one person disconnects? O.o
Old 2006-02-13, 19:41
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.aufziehvogel
lol maybe that's part of some .."if they don't learn it at school, let's get it into their heads with this game" strategy ;P
It's a secret training program for hikikomori that enables them to acquire jobs. XD
Old 2006-02-17, 10:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodan
Two player story events? What happens if say, one person disconnects? O.o
I think if anyone connects, the drama event ends.