gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2008-04-08, 09:14
Unregistered

Default Play order of Narcissu & Narcissu: Side 2nd

I wanted to recommend Narcissu & Narcissu:Side 2nd to a friend once the second installment has been translated and since I've read somewhere that N2 is a prequel to N1, I was wondering if anyone that has read both recommend reading them in reverse order Narcissu2 -> Narcissu1?, or is that just plain stupid and reading them in the order they were released by the author is more enjoyable?, I'm sure you guys know what I'm trying to say but still I'll probably regret asking this question xD. And besides I'd personally like to know as well since I'll be reading N1 again when the 2nd side is released. And finally my personal thanks goes out to the team (Haeleth/Agilis) for translating this series.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:00
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Agilis

Personally, I'm interested in whether people who played the games Narci1->Narci2 see things differently than people who go Narci2->Narci1, but that's just me. My viewpoint is irreversibly tainted with directionality already, but in my eyes, Narci2 adds warmth and light to the world of Narci1 if played 1->2, and 2->1 might feel like the world had chilled with the passing of time.

Kataoka himself has stated (as his personal opinion) in the endnotes that he recommends Narci2->Narci1.

Either way, we've taken extra care to make both stories mesh closely with each other, keeping as many parallels that existed in the originals in the translation. So whatever direction you pick, you won't have a jarring sense that "this was translated first, not knowing the existence of the other one"
Old 2008-04-08, 12:46
Unregistered#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Narci2 adds warmth and light to the world of Narci1 if played 1->2, and 2->1 might feel like the world had chilled with the passing of time.
I think that one sentence did the trick (very heart warming and admirable on your part, "can't wait!"), Ok I think I'll stick to N1 -> N2 for me and my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agilis View Post
Kataoka himself has stated (as his personal opinion) in the endnotes that he recommends Narci2->Narci1.
WOW didn't know that thanks for sharing and for taking the time to respond Agilis.