gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-07-24, 00:49
Unregistered

I finished all the routes recently.

It's a pretty decent game. The common route is pretty long compared to other recently translated eroge, and the individual character routes were kind of short in comparison but that's to be expected. If I were to compare this to Kira Kira, all the character routes in Kazoku Keikaku are better than the routes in Kira Kira, with the exception being Kirari's normal ending (Don't go into this expecting a route to top Kirari normal end).

I enjoyed it. The music was nice and added a good touch to the dramatic moments. In fact, I don't think Kazoku Keikaku could have been as good as it is without the music, or any visual novel for that matter.

Translation wise... I found a lot of typo's near the end of the common route and the character. They kept translating "onii-san" as "onii-chan" when the voice clearly says the former, and even vice versa for some reason. In the beginning whenever Haruka (Chunhua) talks in Chinese, they kept it in romanji format. Then near the end, they translated things she said in Chinese into English. I suppose that's fine, but it kind of irked me when they translated "xie xie, guu guu" as "Thank you, onii-san" or whatever. I mean, it's accurate and all, but if they're going to start out with it not being translated, they should leave it that way. I'm not even going to bother going into the other issues, as I'm sure they've been addressed already.

Overall, great eroge I'd say. Almost makes me think that getting a family of my own would be possible. Almost.
Old 2009-07-24, 04:15
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In the beginning whenever Haruka (Chunhua) talks in Chinese, they kept it in romanji format. Then near the end, they translated things she said in Chinese into English. I suppose that's fine, but it kind of irked me when they translated "xie xie, guu guu" as "Thank you, onii-san" or whatever. I mean, it's accurate and all, but if they're going to start out with it not being translated, they should leave it that way.
IIRC it was like this in the original anyway. Not romanised, of course, but in Chinese - and translated later on. Been a while since I've played it though.
Old 2009-07-24, 13:18
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Asceai's just messing with him.
I know he's messing with him because I already know his opinion about the game. My post was regarded to the guy who decided to save his cash for Shuffle because it has a measly little anime adaptation.
Old 2009-07-24, 21:49
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Ayato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
Actually being serious this time, but why is everyone saying KazoKei is a long game? It's not! It's tiny! 1.83mb script! You could finish it in A DAY
24 full hours?
Well, I'll try that soon. I was focused on Aoba, but at the same time, I didn't want to treat Matsuri like total crap. (That in itself was hard. >.>)

But in all honesty, it really took me about a week to finish the galge. I dunno, I read through a few other VNs, and galge quickly, but this one was sort of long to me.

Oh, I must say I enjoyed the voice acting on Aoba, UNTIL this end...
I really don't enjoy all the high pitch cutesy voice anymore. It gets used way too much, which is why I wanted to go for Aoba. (That, and a few other reasons...) At the hentai scene, when she was moaning, and all, it was rather, different. High pitch... on Aoba!? o.0;;;
Old 2009-07-24, 22:30
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayato View Post
24 full hours?
More like 20.
Like I said, short game!
Old 2009-07-25, 01:30
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
More like 20.
Like I said, short game!
Mhm.
I just play crescendo, and noticed the VA for Aoba and Kaori are the same... *drools*
hmmm....

*back to topic*
Yeah, I would clock it around 20. I spent about 4 hours a day... We will just say 5 days to make the magic number appear...

Lo and behold! Twenty hours!
That alone makes the game worth it. *nods*
Old 2009-07-25, 10:52
Obsessive

The VA for Aoba sounds a lot like akiha from melty blood :x
Old 2009-07-25, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
The VA for Aoba sounds a lot like akiha from melty blood :x
Not that strange, both characters are voice by Hitomi.
She's done quite a bit of stuff actually, as you can see HERE.
Old 2009-07-25, 18:50
Obsessive

Dude...
I am now on the hunt for these games.
Old 2009-07-30, 01:04
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

G'damn
My copy just arrive today
I must believe KazoKei is a great game or my passion will be just meaningless ~__~
Old 2009-08-08, 20:42
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by koji_leo View Post
G'damn
My copy just arrive today
I must believe KazoKei is a great game or my passion will be just meaningless ~__~
Then it is a great game!