gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-08-04, 12:45
Unregistered

Default Clannad Status

I was wondering what the status of the Clannad translation is. It looks like it's translation has been finished, but is in editing. Is this correct? If so, what's the progress on it? Sorry if this seems like a callous question to ask, but I was just wondering since it's been a year or something?
I've also heard there was a leaked patch of some sort with the game fully translated, but just not yet editted. Where might I obtain this patch, and is it playable, but just not touched up? Would it be better to wait for the full release of the patch, if in fact it's still ongoing?
Old 2009-08-04, 13:01
Unregistered

There is a leaked translation patch lying around in the Internet. IMO, it would be better to wait for the released version, since it's unedited. If you're not a stickler for grammar, it's probably playable, but why diminish your Clannad experience?
Old 2009-08-04, 13:46
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Large portions still require TLC/retranslation as well as extensive editing.

Unfortunately, no one will ever fix them. There's been no appreciable progress on the project in quite some time.

If you want to play CLANNAD and don't mind Engrish and mistranslations, grab the FV patch from their SVN and be done with it.
Old 2009-08-04, 17:48
Visitor

I finished Clannad about a week or two ago, and the quality of the translation then was almost perfect. Like 98% of the novel. Only towards the very end of the After Story did I start finding actual spelling mistakes and what not, but if you start now, by the time you get there they'll most likely be fixed (and it didn't really have a negative impact on my experience anyway, I still absolutely loved the novel)
Old 2009-08-04, 18:52
Posts way too much

Spelling errors != translation quality

Unless you read the original alongside the translation, you have no way of telling if the translation quality was good or not, let alone 'perfect'

Now, while the bits of the Clannad translation I read were fairly old, I can tell you that it was far from perfect - it's probably improved since then, but I'm not sure if 'almost perfect' means the same thing to you as it means to me.
Old 2009-08-04, 19:47
Obsessive

The accuracy went out the window during some parts of the after story :(
Old 2009-08-04, 20:14
Unregistered

So the team that was donig Clannad went missing in action or something? I basically have no choice in the matter, even if i wait another year?
Old 2009-08-04, 21:42
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
So the team that was donig Clannad went missing in action or something? I basically have no choice in the matter, even if i wait another year?
what choice do you wanna have?
Old 2009-08-04, 22:37
Unregistered

Grammatically speaking, the current Clannad build is pretty good up until the latter half of After Story, which was the last part translated before everyone working on it disappeared. As for accuracy...it's a wiki-translation. The quality varies, usually tipping towards the worse end of the scale. In terms of playability, it should be fine, except for sticklers about the translation (most of whom could have/have played it in Japanese already).
Old 2009-08-05, 02:11
Regular

Send a message via AIM to X-Calibar

You can always check the wiki for the latest :
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...?title=Clannad

(or IRC)
Old 2009-08-06, 18:48
Visitor

I would second all this, play the FV snapshot that is there.

I am almost all the way through Clannad with that translation, and it is very playable and fairly good.

There are some questionable lines here and there but better than waiting who knows how long for the possibility of a complete patch (especially if it is apparently no longer being worked on.) Though I've looked on the SVN and it seems things are still being updated, even if new builds are not being compiled.