gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-08, 01:59
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Hurahh. Still can't bring myself to finish extra tho. So bad it hurts :(
I beg to differ. I'm enjoying it more than many acclaimed VNs. I think it's a perfect mix of comedy and drama.
Old 2010-11-08, 11:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirkaf View Post
I beg to differ. I'm enjoying it more than many acclaimed VNs. I think it's a perfect mix of comedy and drama.

Since my PC died, I'm replaying Extra and Unlim...and wow I completley forgot how much the beginnig of Extra was like pulling teeth (well, not that bad). Only towards then end it gets better. The comedy is hit (funny at times) and miss and the drama well its kind of contrite. I think Extra was only bearable for me were Sumika and Meiya. Unlimited was more enjoyable for me because of the military theme though (nice change of pace from H.S eroge). Oh well, to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Hurahh. Still can't bring myself to finish extra tho. So bad it hurts :(
I felt the same way about Extra also, what I did was to read it in large swaths, to get it over with quickly (the ending gets better though). You should endeavor to finish Muv Luv before Alternative. Also, Unlimited may me enjoyable for you also.

Last edited by Sirf*palot; 2010-11-08 at 11:05.
Old 2010-11-08, 11:46
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I pretty much ctrled through the entire latter half of Extra and didn't do any of the side routes. Once you get the gist of what's going on there's pretty much no reason to keep reading it. Sumika and Meiya are cool, but they're not enough to carry that thing.

I will agree that Unlimited is pretty decent. It still has a much more "lol anime" feel than Alternative, which I personally do not like, but it's not bad for what it is and has a pretty neat ending.

And of course then you get to play Alternative which makes up for everything.
Old 2010-11-09, 15:14
dorkatlarge

I've heard good things about Muv-Luv Alternative. Now that the translation of Alternative is finishing up, maybe I'll try it. And I know that JPMeyer from the 見ないで!ひとり言 blog is a Muv-Luv fan...

More news -- the newest Tokimemo Girl's Side DS translation patch is available. This link explains what changes and corrections have been made: http://sites.google.com/site/tokimem...elease-v-0-9-2
Old 2010-11-10, 20:47

Angry NNOOOO

NOOOOO, Why did I watch AyuMayu theater (episode 2) to be exact. Now I basically know two spoilers for MLA

SPOILERS
Spoiler

Seriously, I should have been more careful about AyuMayu since I noticed afterwards that it was done after MLA came out.

Hopefully, college and the fact that MLA is gonna come out prob around late spring, early summer next year. I will forget both spoilers.

(Edit by MSG: Added the spoiler tag for you.)
Old 2010-11-11, 23:21
Obsessive

37 Japanese Publishers to Launch N. American Manga Portal
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...n-manga-portal

more Japanese companies trying to sale directly to Western fans. Although, no word yet on the site if is going to be regional locked or not.
Old 2010-11-12, 06:07
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkatlarge View Post
I've heard good things about Muv-Luv Alternative. Now that the translation of Alternative is finishing up, maybe I'll try it.
"finishing up" are rather strong words, it's still several months away.. ~_~

About Muv-Luv Extra: I truly enjoyed the comedy and drama of Meiya and Sumika routes, got a bit bored during other routes but still I enjoyed the story more than daCapo or Shuffle, if I should name something a bit similar. And I have yet to read Unlimited.. ^_^
Old 2010-11-14, 22:03
Obsessive

Clannad Movie Licensed, After Story To Be Dubbed
http://www.mania.com/clannad-movie-l...le_126401.html
Old 2010-11-15, 01:10
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Clannad Movie Licensed, After Story To Be Dubbed
http://www.mania.com/clannad-movie-l...le_126401.html
Oh god no...
Old 2010-11-17, 01:12
Obsessive

"The Japan Post Office announced November 12 that from November 17 it would indefinitely stop accepting mail parcels to the United States weighing more than 453 grams. The Post Office has at this time given no indication of how long this suspension will last only saying that it is “for the time being.” This suspension includes all regular international airmail parcels, as well as EMS. The Japan Post Office (JPO) has cut Japan off from the US entirely, at least as far as airmail parcels over a pound in weight go. The reason the JPO gives for this action is that following attempts to send explosives through air cargo from Yemen to the US, American security measures for air cargo have become increasingly severe. America and Guam are included in this provision, raising the strong possibility that Christmas and year end parcels will not be able to be sent from Japan to the US, which is likely to cause massive confusion.

According to the Asahi Shinbun, parcels to the US from Japan now account for over 15% of international mail, and approximately 200,000 parcels are sent monthly from Japan to the US. Private consumers will be affected by this ban, however individuals and businesses with JPO commercial accounts will not be affected. As of this writing, no other post services has announced similar measures, and the United States Post Office has not reported plans to limit the weight or shipment of air mail parcels to Japan. At the beginning of November when Greece had several bombs sent through the mail, airmail was stopped in Greece for two days. No other major postal service in the world has ever announced an “indefinite” ban on airmail packages.

Since privatization the JPO has been the object of a political tug of war between those who want to entirely or partially end its privatization and those who support continued privatization. The management at top levels of the JPO has drawn censure across the political spectrum, with the problems of the Japan Post’s “Yu-pack” deliver system drawing particularly harsh criticism. Foreign users have complained about the proliferation of required documentation for mail and packages to and from foreign countries that did not previously exist and question their necessity. Banning all airmail packages over 453 grams to the US from November 17 will cause wide spread inconvenience and resentment, particularly among smaller business and individuals."

Fuck. My Christmas is ruined.

Last edited by fujifruit; 2010-11-17 at 01:19.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:47

999 released...since I don't have a DS I'm probably gonna wait till I can afford one. So should I go for a DS Lite, 3DS etc.? What would you guys recommend.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:51
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Well, there's no reason to buy an original model DS at this point, anyway. If you want to pick one up cheap, just go with a DS Lite, they should be pretty cheap by now and I don't think any of the later models really offer anything worthwhile, personally. (Well, feel free to disagree, but I don't care about a gaming device doing anything but playing games...)

If you have the money and don't mind waiting a bit, I guess the 3DS is a better investment, since it'll be around for a while I'm guessing. Plus you'll be all set for Love Plus 3DS!
Old 2010-11-17, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
Well, there's no reason to buy an original model DS at this point, anyway. If you want to pick one up cheap, just go with a DS Lite, they should be pretty cheap by now and I don't think any of the later models really offer anything worthwhile, personally. (Well, feel free to disagree, but I don't care about a gaming device doing anything but playing games...)

If you have the money and don't mind waiting a bit, I guess the 3DS is a better investment, since it'll be around for a while I'm guessing. Plus you'll be all set for Love Plus 3DS!
YEAH Love + 3DS ftw.!!! Who needs a woman now lololol. jk

So I'll probably wait then. Besides, I'm planning on saving up for Koihime, Shogun 2 Total War and using that MG coupon to get Suika and DC II for the price of Suika. Though it does suck that the USD is so weak against the Euro.
Old 2010-11-17, 11:44
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
"The Japan Post Office announced November 12 that from November 17 it would indefinitely stop accepting mail parcels to the United States weighing more than 453 grams. The Post Office has at this time given no indication of how long this suspension will last only saying that it is “for the time being.” This suspension includes all regular international airmail parcels, as well as EMS. The Japan Post Office (JPO) has cut Japan off from the US entirely, at least as far as airmail parcels over a pound in weight go. The reason the JPO gives for this action is that following attempts to send explosives through air cargo from Yemen to the US, American security measures for air cargo have become increasingly severe. America and Guam are included in this provision, raising the strong possibility that Christmas and year end parcels will not be able to be sent from Japan to the US, which is likely to cause massive confusion.
Our favorite government institution, the TSA seems to be behind this, at least according to the Japan Times and what I can make out of the press release.

The stupidity is overwhelming -_-
Old 2010-11-17, 16:00
Aaeru

From Asceai's blog

"ErogeShop have announced the temporary suspension of their business while they determine how to best adapt with the modern exchange rate. Foreign eroge fans can still obtain titles through Palet Mail Service and J-List (the latter’s selection of preorder eroge being unfortunately quite limited)."
Closed Thread