gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-06-05, 01:00
Unregistered

Apples: they spoke out and acted specifically against a form of media which, in comparison to other forms of media out there, makes up a small part of the media to viewer influence, made smaller still by the fact that people who play rape games are only a fraction of those who play visual novels.

they targetted a minority, that comprises a fraction, of a small fraction, of the media base.

this becomes even more silly when there are movies, books, and even paintings with more graphic, more morally challenging, and even more suggestive forms of violence, law breaking, or otherwise inhumane and cruel acts.

the result? they banned a form of media, which caters to a very very small group, which may i add, probably has a very small crime:population ratio, and the crimes, if any, are probably on the level of petty theft or social misconduct. that, and the fact that the content itself is nothing new or big.

if anything, it's softer stuff than movies like devil's rejects, texas chainsaw massacre, and the slew of amateur "rape" footage on the net, which may i add, are all from America, and have almost a cult following there.

I find it hard to believe that fictional and drawn content of rape (which, most of the time is far less brutal than it's real life counterpart) can be classified as a major, or even a noteworthy contributor to violence against women, when books like the godfather which romanticize organized crime, or movies like saw which flaunts the gore factor are seen as forms of cultural and linguistical enrichment and/or breakthroughs.

and who thinks the above? a group of women who seem to think that they're just a group of noble people fighting against a beastly world run by decadent men.

what's worse is that someone, somewhere, with power, looked upon all this and saw it to be right.

afterword: mind you, i love the book the godfather, i also recognise that there are many books, games, movies, let alone visual novels, which contain rape, and are in themselves, magnificent works, infact, without the rape, the work in question may loose many meaningful things.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:12
Obsessive

Unhappy

I re-read the new restrictions ( http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/06/03/...-was-sent-out/ ) and now I am wandering of some of the stuff I enjoy in eroge would be effected.

Quote:
HCG involving sexual violation cannot exceed 20% of a game’s total HCG count
Example:
I do enjoy scenarios where the girl would fall asleep in the living room (wearing a man shirt and pants only) then she is taking advantage of (opening the shirt or she get fondled(?)... no actual sex take place). This does seem like it would be an offense in real life (she was asleep and never allowed it)... would such acts be effected by the new regulations? Would it fall under "rape" or the fact that the guy would get a kick out of it?

what about peeking at (insert random location were a girl would be naked)?

let us keep in mind that one of the rules of eroge is that "all girls are in love with you and would allow you to do anything."

P.S. how long before someone think that eroge is disgusting and is degrading women? Look at Cosplay fetish(?) for example.... I am sure that many would find it degrading women.
Old 2009-06-05, 03:01
Obsessive

Japanese games group to ban twisted 'sex torture' sims
About time
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/06...n_rapelay_ban/
Old 2009-06-05, 03:37
Obsessive

sorry about the 3 posts, but I found this report while reading another article, thought that people who like "non consent fantasy sex" might want to read it and maybe refer to it.

Women's erotic rape fantasies: an evaluation of theory and research.
Author: Critelli, Joseph W.; Bivona, Jenny M.

Quote:
The term "context" will refer to what activity the individual was engaging in during the rape fantasy, such as masturbation, intercourse, sexual activities with a partner, and nonsexual activity. One study (Hunt, 1974) yielded an unusually low prevalence: 19% of the women who had masturbated reported having rape fantasies during masturbation.

Last edited by Stranger; 2009-06-05 at 03:51.
Old 2009-06-05, 06:27
Obsessive

Those points are ridiculous. They're going above and beyond the banning of 'rape games'. Why are they tightening the noose around their own necks? By those standards, Sumaga, Tsukihime, and over half of the commercial English games that already exist would've been in violation, including friggen Crescendo for its one story driven rape scene.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:19

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Japanese games group to ban twisted 'sex torture' sims
About time
http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/06...n_rapelay_ban/
I think the following comment on that article sums it up pretty nicely ;) :
Quote:
Dear Tony,

Unlike the readership of the Daily Mail, we, your humble readers, do not need to be told that rape is "depraved", "sick" or "twisted" -- we are intelligent enough to know this for ourselves.

Please stick to reporting the facts and desist from trying to tell us what to think or feel.

Yours,

A. Reader.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:54

Hmm, I wonder if I make a picture of a stick man having sex with other stick woman, then I say the stick woman is under 15 years old and she is being raped, will I be put in jail too?

And what if I say that seeing loli stick woman being raped turns me on and makes me want to commit a crime in real life? They should banned all stick man drawing out there too!

Okay, even more extreme, seeing apple make me want to commit a crime, they should banned apple too!

PS: well, I think putting me in jail will solve all of the problems above.

Signed
A sick bastard.

Last edited by NML; 2009-06-05 at 20:05.
Old 2009-06-05, 19:56
Posts way too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by NML View Post
Hmm, I wonder if I make a picture of a stick man having sex with other stick woman, then I say the stick woman is under 15 years old and she is being raped, will I be put in jail too?
Yes, you sick bastard.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:12
Unregistered

About time, rape is disgusting.

Scuse me, got to beat up a whore in GTA so i can buy a rifle to shoot random people on the street, which in turn will draw policemen to me, at which point i will kill them, and steal their car.
GAME OF THE YEAR PEOPLE.
Old 2009-06-05, 20:58
Obsessive

I wander if they are going to ban games like this one

Musabetsu Renai -Bokutte Gangu?- (First Press Edition) ( http://www.erogeshop.com/product_inf...cts_id/1012537 NSFW)
[Oz project]
Quote:
Game Synopsis:
Tomo, a university student, lives alone. One day, Aya, his older brother's wife, suddenly visits his house and robs of his verginity.... She threatens him to report the matter to his older brother and attaches a collar around his neck. She also tells him to keep wearing it for a week and leaves his room.... From that day, whereever Tomo goes, married women compel him to have sex with them. As a matter of fact, Aya posts a paper on the notice board of his apartment, "You can do whatever you want to this boy...." Though Tomo finds and removes it, Aya says, "Don't turn it down if someone tells you to do something...."
a very clear "reverse" rape fantasy.

well... hopefully they will stick to extreme fantasy rape ban only and let the other "mild" versions slide.
Old 2009-06-06, 07:17

Here's a list of current changes in video game titles from http://qiufen.bbspink.com/test/read..../1244289747/6:
Quote:
6 :名無したちの午後:2009/06/06(土) 21:12:12 ID:8jBP7GSl0
こっちにも書いておこう
現時点であったタイトル変更
まだあったら追加してくれ

BLUE GALE
『鬼父2 ~あんたみたいな鬼畜、お父さんじゃない!~』
→『鬼父2』サブタイトルなくなる

シロップ
『町ぐるみ輪姦 ~白濁まみれの少女達』
→『町ぐるみの罠 ~白濁にまみれた肢体~』

catwalkNERO
『奴隷聖徒会長ヒカル ~淫魔に占陵された学園~』
→『聖徒会長ヒカル ~淫魔に占領された学園~』

デュアルテイル
『奴隷将校クラリス』
→『堕落将校クラリス』 改名してDL販売

たぬきソフト
『少女教育』
→『少女企画』 (仮)

SPEED
『精神汚染~白濁の淫夢』
→『精神汚染』
Quick Translation:

BLUE GALE's Demonic Father 2 ~a sadistic fiend like you can't be my father!~ -> Demonic Father 2

Syrup's Town-wide Gang Rape ~Girls Covered in Milky Fluids~ -> Trap Set by the Town ~Bodies Covered in Milky Fluids~ [bodies not meant to imply dead bodies]

catwalkNERO's Hikaru, the Enslaved Student Council President ~Campus Occupied by a Sexfiend~ -> Hikaru, the Student Council President ~Campus Occupied by a Sexfiend [the "student council" phrase in both titles is a pun in the Japanese indicating they're in a religious school, and in the former, the "occupied" phrase is a pun sharing a kanji with rape]

dualtail's Enslaved Officer, Claris -> Fallen Officer, Claris (and is now scheduled for download distribution instead)

Tanukisoft's Girl Education -> Girl Project (working title)

SPEED's Psyche Contamination ~Lustful Dreams of Milky Fluids~ -> Psyche Contamination
Old 2009-06-06, 12:42
Posts way too much

A sad day for eroge subtitles. Will this move put Norn out of business? =P
Old 2009-06-06, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
A sad day for eroge subtitles. Will this move put Norn out of business? =P
"Don't get the wrong idea here... We're merely trying to cover up ourselves! It's not like we bowed down to outside pressure or something! (tsun tsun)"
Old 2009-06-13, 08:22
Unregistered

Read this new article:

http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/06/12/...be-restricted/

(swallows a a jar of tranquilizers to keep from going berserk)
Old 2009-06-13, 12:05
Local

I can't find a reason exactly why to ban non human hero/heroines.

But I don't think they'll go that far.