gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-07-17, 19:54
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Anath

I redownloaded Planetarian from the site (in case they released a newer version of the download), and I've confirmed that it still works with the English patch exactly like it used to (which is to say, it's borked unless you move/delete SEEN1000.txt, but that's not your problem! ...probably). So the problem is definitely something to do with your computer specifically and not the version available for download. However, I don't know enough about RL to guess beyond the basics as to how to fix your problem, and you've already confirmed you're running it in Japanese locale and have the right font.

Just a thought... does your folder structure for Planetarian look like this?

Last edited by Anath; 2009-07-17 at 20:39.
Old 2009-07-18, 11:01

Yep, my folder looks exactly like that. Maybe the patch just doesn't like Vista? I've tried it with compatibility mode, too, though.
Old 2009-07-18, 11:38
Regular

^
I have Vista and it works just fine.

Although admittedly it refused to work on one Vista machine, but worked on the other (both are running Vista Home Premium 32bit)

I patched it on one computer and then usb transferred it to the other and it works fine.
Old 2009-07-18, 20:44

Hur. Well, I ended up torrenting a copy. It installed more files than my purchased one did, which seems like it shouldn't matter, since my purchased copy worked fine without the patch. Well, when I patched the new copy and started it up, I still got a message that patchui.exe stopped working, but the game ran, in English, anyway.

Well, even if I never ended up actually fixing my problem, thanks to everyone that helped! o; I'm saddened by Insani's lack of support, though. Ah well.
Old 2009-07-18, 21:13
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gexhad View Post
Hur. Well, I ended up torrenting a copy. It installed more files than my purchased one did, which seems like it shouldn't matter, since my purchased copy worked fine without the patch. Well, when I patched the new copy and started it up, I still got a message that patchui.exe stopped working, but the game ran, in English, anyway.

Well, even if I never ended up actually fixing my problem, thanks to everyone that helped! o; I'm saddened by Insani's lack of support, though. Ah well.
I think the download is unvoiced (except one scene?) while most torrents are of the voiced CD version (which is rather on the cheap side and worth every penny) so it would have more files in that case.
Old 2009-07-19, 20:25

O;

I take it back. Insani got back to me, and while he didn't know what to do, at least I got a reply.
Old 2009-09-17, 00:18
Unregistered

I installed the game and patch on Vista some time ago, and got errors stating that patchui.exe had stopped working every time I started it. However, I just closed the error message with the X in the corner of the window and it seemed to work fine.