gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2010-01-30, 21:42
Pantsu Revolution

Unhappy Kanon - voices stop at a certain point

Hello there!

Well, as you can already derive from the title, the voices in Kanon stop at some point in the game. To be exact, at z000201346 for example, which belongs to Shiori's path. ( yes, I listened to thousand of them to find this out...) ^_^''

Of course, I already looked into it and tried to find solutions. I installed various versions of the game, used both Dreamcast and PS2 voices and followed all instructions in every detail. But nothing worked. At this point in Shiori's path all voices vanish. ( There are also other guys with exactly the same problem. )

I came to the conlusion that it must be some kind of error on the file which designates the voices to the matching text phrases and thus part of the patch NDT released.

I know you have your lifes and are busy people, but it would be nice if you could help me out here. If it's too much of a hassle, you could alternatively just tell me how to open that file, so I can edit it myself somehow. xD

Hoping for a soon reply,
Pantsu
Old 2010-02-02, 05:42
Regular

Do you have the latest version of the patch? It happened to me using the first release, but installing a later one solved the problem.

http://7nightstranslations.wordpress.com/ - VN reviews and stuff
Old 2010-02-02, 06:53
Pantsu Revolution

I'm pretty positive it's the latest patch. It's from 07/21/09 and the last post regarding Kanon on their page.
Just to make sure, were you able to complete Shiori's path with voices?
Since if you did, it would mean it's my fault somehow.
Though until now I haven't met someone who could say that.

And thanks for answering at all, it's quite frustrating when there is no response at all.^^
Old 2010-02-04, 05:15
Regular

When I played, I finished it without voices; or rather, at the finish the voices had already come back, but they stopped for a couple days. However, after installing the last patch if went back and the voices played correctly.
The same happened in a couple of days in Ayu's path, and in Mai's, if I remember correctly. If you didn't have this problem, then you have a different problem than mine. Maybe if the voices patch fault?

Old 2010-02-04, 08:04
Pantsu Revolution

Mh, quite mysterious. Mind sharing the patch you used? If you gave me your koeicon.g00, seen.txt and gameexe.txt it would be even better. Maybe it works out like this somehow. I kinda want to play it without losing out on something. I even visited NDT's channel, without any succes.
Old 2010-02-06, 04:18
Regular

Here I uploaded the patch I used. It is, however, the same as the one you can download at the NDT page.

Old 2010-02-06, 04:31
Pantsu Revolution

Well, I'm desperate, so it's worth a try.^^''
Old 2010-02-06, 04:43
Pantsu Revolution

As expected, didn't work. Mind uploading the data I mentioned? I know, I'm demanding quite a bit of your time, but right now you are the only person I know who got a working version. :/

You also said, it began working only after completing the game. Maybe I should try using a 100% savedata and then playing the routes "again"?
Old 2010-02-06, 13:25
Regular

Sure, here it is.
And I don't think it has anything to do with having completed the game. My problem always happened with the first full version of the patch, I think, which was the one I first used; after installing the latest one, it disappeared (though since the seen files changed, I could no longer load to inside the scenes with missing voices; loading earlier and then proceeding confirmed however that voices now played).
Again, couldn't it be problem of the voice files? Did you try to download again the voice patch?

Old 2010-02-06, 14:48
Pantsu Revolution

Thanks for the files!

Well, it didn't work again. That's frustrating...
I will try installing everything again and this time using your files, but leaving out my old saves. Maybe it will resolve itself if I just play from the beginning once more.
Thanks for bothering with it again.
Old 2010-02-06, 18:49
Regular

Thinking of it, when exactly does your voices stop? I only played completly the first version, so maybe I have your error even with the latest patch but I didn't realized it.

Old 2010-02-10, 08:04
Pantsu Revolution

Sorry for answering this late, was kinda busy. ^^''
The voices stop at the 28th January on Shiori's path.
Well, installing again and playing from the beginning didn't help either...
Old 2010-02-15, 05:37
Regular

Exactly when at 28 January? Or it is all the day (and after)? I skimmed through 28 and 29 and had no voice problem.
If it's not the voice patch fault nor the English patch fault, would it be the game's fault? Maybe the seen file is somehow a little corrupted? I have no other ideas.

Old 2010-02-16, 03:22
Pantsu Revolution

It's pretty much the first line Shiori says on the 28th January when the voices stop ( well, she is the first one to speak to you on that day ). Yuuichi dashes out of his classroom to meet her and then:

Yuuichi:"Damn, I was sure I'd get her first today."
Shiori:"Too bad."
"She springs upright from where she'd be standing, leaning against the side of the gate." etc

I tried voice files from different sources and also the one NDT uploaded. I used the English patch you gave me, and also put in the files you kindly provided. The game is without a doubt the Kanon Standart Edition 18+. And it's still not working.
I deducing from this that my system is at fault somehow. I just have no idea what would cause such a problem...
Are you not supposed to change the directory when installing the game or could it be some registry problem?
I guess you too are kind of clueless here though.^^''
Old 2010-02-16, 05:47
Regular

I don't think changing the directory would have any effect, and having that so pinpoint effect would seem very weird.
Have you tried mailing NDT?