gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-01, 15:05
Unregistered

Exclamation Just remembered

ohh...btw the guy above me is me ( O.O ) but I am the guy that asked about the tamaki patch ^,^
^weird huh?! XD
Old 2009-11-06, 20:12
Local

I'm sorry, I've promised the Tama route to someone who is a long time friend and is currently editing it, but I'll tell him to hurry up. :P
Old 2010-01-02, 20:58
Unregistered

is the project still ongoing?
Old 2010-01-02, 21:45
Regular

sorry the one above is me and I can't edit it.
but I have a question.
there is a patch in the first page right? The Konomi and Manaka patch.
How do I install it? I got a .pak file in it and I have no Idea what to do with it.
Old 2010-01-03, 02:29
Local

Send a message via Yahoo to koji_leo

simply replace it with the old one(vaguely recall) or you can read README.txt first.
Old 2010-01-03, 04:40
Local

Yes the project is still going. Very slowly. 39% is translated at the moment.
Old 2010-01-08, 01:22
Nugi

Question Where? where? whereee?

eh? 39%? where is the download link for the 39%-complete-patch?
the one in the first page show 28% completed..
where is it? >.> <.< >.> >.<
Old 2010-01-08, 13:42
Local

Well, why don't you assume that they haven't made a patch for the 39%? They may have translated it but might now have inputted the text yet.
Old 2010-01-08, 18:36
Scarletmoon

Default Hello ^^

I would just like to say, Thank you for all your hard work so far, and I hope you continue the project ^^. although I have not been posting on this thread, I've been watching it from time to time from some time now, and I think you guys are awesome. are you short on staff? I'd love to help look around for you, anything to help at all. ども。
Old 2010-01-09, 03:59
Local

Thanks. Short on staff would be an understatement. It's basically me and the occasional helpers. I'm going away (to Japan) till February so I couldn't possibly coordinate extra help either right now even if it was offered. A skilled translator or skilled translation checker would be the most helpful thing right now, followed by a skilled programmer to help finesse the patching. Note the emphasis on skilled. I don't have the time to try and train someone up. The programming is done in python if you're interested, and I'm responsible for that job too. If I ever finish translating, I'll go back and finesse how it works if no one else shows up (which is likely). It works now (as you should be able to see from the alpha patches) but does funky shit when text runs over a page.

39% is translated but only half of that is edited and the patches are only of the translated text that has been edited. I have a couple of editors working on it and can't coordinate any more. As for the first post, that was made by someone who is no longer even working on this project so I can't edit his post.

All I can say is be patient... very patient. The final product is still years away unless I get more help.
Old 2010-01-10, 08:04
Regular

I'm just hoping you don't drop the project.
I'll just grit my teeth and try to wait patiently. XD
Too bad I can't be of help, I'd really love too if I could.
So I'll just cheer you on in the shadows. :D
Old 2010-01-10, 21:32
Scarletmoon

I have a few people that may be interested in helping, their japanese is fluent enough that they would survive in japan, as tested last year, but they have no proof of skill, just word of mouth. also, have you considered moving to a vn site like bakatsuki or tlwiki? I'm sure you'd find at least a couple people to aid you, even if for a short time, it must be alot of strain to bear the weight of the project on your shoulders alone :\
Old 2010-01-26, 17:01
Scarletmoon

as a side note~ again, if you're having trouble finding more staff, why not make it a open project on tl wiki? or a closed project, I'm sure you'd be able to get better publicity and luck soliciting more people to help you :\
Old 2010-02-05, 22:03
Local

Sorry, I've been away in Japan.

I'll consider what you suggested, but in my experience so far, hardly anyone stays on for any extended period and the style of how people translate changes so dramatically that I end up having to go over their work to try and make it sound like the same story. If they did a whole route then that would be fine, but one or two scenes just makes it messy. Of course since their translation is possibly better than mine, it's both bad and good. I guess a translation checker would be more useful than a translator to get the best of both worlds.