gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2008-11-13, 20:08
Visitor

nevermind, i got it to work now
Thanks alot jyuichi
Old 2009-08-10, 15:05
Proto

I just received my key memorial box today, and the first game I tried was planetarian. I arrived to this thread when searching a way to run the CD edition. After copying the necessary files from the translation archive, the game runs up, but I get the error related to the patchui. The problem is that if I copy the patchui files from the translation archive, after I fire the application up it enters some sort of infinite loop in that it tries to reload this patchui file and can never get past this. Has anyone run or met a similar problem to this one? (And if I don't copy the patchui files it just fails to start up at all).

Alternatively, what are those files for? Maybe from that I can figure out a workaround.
Old 2009-08-20, 14:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I just received my key memorial box today, and the first game I tried was planetarian. I arrived to this thread when searching a way to run the CD edition. After copying the necessary files from the translation archive, the game runs up, but I get the error related to the patchui. The problem is that if I copy the patchui files from the translation archive, after I fire the application up it enters some sort of infinite loop in that it tries to reload this patchui file and can never get past this. Has anyone run or met a similar problem to this one? (And if I don't copy the patchui files it just fails to start up at all).

Alternatively, what are those files for? Maybe from that I can figure out a workaround.
I'm also having that issue. The dialog just keeps reloading itself and won't let you get past the first screen.
Old 2009-08-24, 21:40
ultimateT

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marus View Post
First off, to extract the script you're gonna want to get rldev. You can download it on Haeleth's site, but I don't like writing really long posts so I'll leave you to figure out how to use it yourself (or maybe someone nicer will help you). For fixing the pauses, well, you can probably figure it out yourself by comparing the scripts. Telling you would ruin all the fun!

I'm wondering though, is this your first time reading Planetarian? If so, then just reading through the script file as you're working on a patch would ruin the experience. You might want to consider getting the download version and reading that first, then afterwards working through the voice version if you still feel like it.
I've managed to fix the wrapping problem with a simple :%s/\\n\n\s\s/\\n/g (regex rules!) in vim for the decompiled SEEN files. (Also won't spoil story ;D) As for the voices, it's still well beyond me, looking at all the offsets and resource calls. It seems like RealLive doesn't like having multiple lines preceded by the carriage returns, while Kinetic deals with it nicely.

Why did they go so far as to make two different versions of this game is still beyond my comprehension...
Old 2009-10-23, 14:49
Visitor

Unhappy Only the menus are translated? Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I've finally had time to play it and when I launched the game and got into it I found out only the menus were translated.

(cut)

What am I doing wrong?
Originally I had a post here saying I wanted to know the answer too.

Then I read the batch file to see what it was doing, and found a pretty obvious bug.

It has:

Code:
XCOPY /Y /Q kepago\SEEN????.TXT %CD%
This should be:

Code:
XCOPY /Y /Q kepago\SEEN????.TXT .
Reason being that the current directory may contain spaces ("%CD%" would have worked too, but why bother using a variable when "." works?) This is a pretty common bug in batch files, and the original author might want to update their original post to avoid people being hit by this trap in the future. :-)

Last edited by Omochikaeri; 2009-10-23 at 15:03.
Old 2010-10-21, 05:36
Unregistered

Question Problem

Hello all, i'm fairly certain this would be inactive by now, but ill ask anyways just incase.

When running the command
cdpatch c:\KINETICDATA c:\rldev
This comes up.

c:\KEY\planetarian_PE>cdpatch c:\KINETICDATA c:\rldev
Copying game graphical resources from patch to intallation...
89 File(s) copied
7 File(s) copied
1 File(s) copied
2 File(s) copied
Decompiling original patch...
& was unexpected at this time.

I copied and pasted the .BAT exactly from the first post, and when this happened, tried with the one from the 2nd post (after deleting everything and re-exracting the rldev and KINETICDATA and re-installing the game)in a new notepad file.

Can some1 help me fix this problem? I really want to play/watch this kinetic visual novel. Thanks :)
Old 2011-03-27, 06:21
Visitor

Same thing happened to me
Looks like the ASCII didn't quite work well....
replace "(" with a "(" and ")" with ")"
as well as the ":" with a ":"