gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-13, 20:43
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
I downloaded a voice patch, but its not in AFS and it's already in the audio form. How do I install that?
Do you mean that you got TONs of WAV or MP3 files!!!
If that is the case, then copy them to the DAT directory (they should be in multiple directories), then apply the patch from above (first post, 2nd pargraph from the bottom, Patch scenario step).
Old 2004-06-13, 21:59

Still won't work... Does this have to do with the fact that when I try to open up one of the voices, it says it needs a codec???
Old 2004-06-13, 22:27
Obsessive

Quote:
Still won't work... Does this have to do with the fact that when I try to open up one of the voices, it says it needs a codec???
I am worried now... what exactly did you download??? What is the total size of the files and number of files???. And in what format are they... (hopefully not Ogg, it is not supported as far as I know).

P.S. you are talking about Kanon DC voice patch, aren't you???.
Old 2004-06-14, 00:10
Ex-boss

Quote:
Very likely. Read Myen's post about halfway down the first page of this topic, and mine a couple below it.
Old 2004-06-14, 08:48

I've got them all in a WAV file. There are folders 0-9 and A and B. I've also got texts called patch-n and patch-y. And altogether they're about 300mb. And the total number of WAV files I got is 12848.
Old 2004-06-17, 17:09
Ace_Starleaf

just wondering, can the PS2 version of the game be used to get the sound files?? or does it have to be the DC varsion, as himeya does not have the DC version of kanon anymore
Old 2004-06-18, 01:09
Ex-boss

The voices can be ripped from the PS2 version, but I don't think the files are compatible with the DC voice patch, and the homepage of the PS2-based voice patch (it used to be here) seems to have vanished. I don't suppose anyone happens to have a copy?

You can find a program to extract the voice data here, and if it turns out not to be compatible with the DC voice patch, it should be possible to come up with a way of making it work, either by renaming files or by writing a new patcher.

So if you want to risk it, go right ahead, I think I should be able to make sure you end up with a voiced Kanon...
Old 2004-06-19, 22:17
Local

Well, incase you don't already know how to install it with the voice files uncompressed... You still need to use the vAVG32e program to patch Kanon's scenario file. Here is a guide that has been re-written for this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudicatorOmega
You should use a fresh new installation of Kanon. If you have never installed any patches for Kanon before, then your Kanon installation should be fine. Create a new folder somewhere and call it vAVG32. Download both Japanese vAVG32 & Haeleth's vAVG32e and extract them to vAVG32, overwriting the file vAVG32.ini with Haeleth's version. Run vAVG32e.exe and select the version of Kanon that you have installed. If you want to keep the protagonist's name as Yuuichi, then go ahead and select the one that has Yuuichi at the end of the title, otherwise select the one that says Not Yuuichi. Select the folder that you have installed Kanon at. Press the Patch scenario button, when it's done, exit the program. Copy the voice files to the DAT folder where you installed Kanon, keeping them in their proper directories: 0-B. Test the game to make sure that the voices are installed: start a new game and play until you hear Nayuki's voice. If the voices don't work, then give up already...

* Read the last paragraph of my original guide *
I don't know anything about compressing the WAV files and using gogo.dll: I don't even have the file. If the voice patch does not work after following my instructions, then you probably need to get that gogo.dll from somewhere. Make sure it is compiled to work for your OS, because I think there might be one for Linux and one for Windows.
Old 2004-06-19, 22:25
Local

I'm not at home to verify wether the Dreamcast version of the voice files actualy come as 0.AFS to B.AFS, but I think I remember them as being like that. I just can't remember anymore...

I am interested though: if anyone knows what the voice file names are on the PS2 version and where to get the scenario patching files for the PS2 version, then please tell me so that I can put the information into my guide.
Old 2004-06-20, 04:16
Local

Myen's link isn't working anymore. This program installs gogo.dll -

http://www.cdngo.com/2/download/download.html

If you want to test out vavg32 with gogo.dll then just get it from there. The file's stored in the installation directory, so just move it to windows/system32 then you can safely uninstall the program.

edit -
I was just about to host the file, when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Apparently it's legal to distribute source code, but not to distribute binaries
Anyhow it shouldn't be necessary as cdngo is a small download. Hope this helps anyone trying to save space on their hdd.
Old 2004-06-27, 15:10
Myen

Oops, the file's gone. As far as I can tell, the official site is marinecat.net; right now the download is here (in the box thing, first link). The site is in Japanese.
Old 2004-08-01, 13:50
Dreamer

Default About voice patch 2

I just received my Kanon version from himeya and wanted to thank
JudicatorOmega for the great voice patch tutorial (I have the .wav version of the voice patch), and Haeleth for the good work in the translation.
Once again thank you very much.
Old 2004-10-05, 01:40
ForumLurker

I seem to have the same problem as sorrowharvester, even when putting the vAVG32e into the same directory as vAVG32, overwriting the .ini file. In fact, when I run both versions (vAVG32 on its own, and later vAVG32e), both claim that Kanon-y.txt can't be found.

Any help? Thanks
Old 2004-10-05, 03:19
Ex-boss

I assume kanon-y.txt is really there, is it? It should be in a subfolder called "patch" of the vAVG32 folder, IIRC.
Old 2004-10-05, 05:23
ForumLurker

Ah.. thanks. Problem solved.
Closed Thread