gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2007-10-29, 10:34
Serke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Good luck on finishing the patch.
Thanks.

The patch is almost finished. There are still things to be done, some minor problems to be solved and it goes without saying that it requires thorough testing, but the important things is – it works.

I'll be obliged if you (or somebody else for whom my previous patch didn't work) try the recent build:

[Link removed: the version of the patch is outdated.]

In the archive you'll find the following files:

kanaus.exe
libogg-0.dll
libvorbis-0.dll
libvorbisfile-3.dll
sdl_mixer.dll
smpeg.dll
sdl.dll

How to install the patch:

1. Copy the files to your Kana directory (don't forget to create a backup copy of your original 'kanaus.exe' file first!)
2. Create 'CD' subdirectory in your game's directory.
3. Convert Kana's CD-DA music to ogg (you can use CDEx for this), rename the files to 'track02.ogg' through 'track17.ogg' then move the files to the 'CD' subdirectory that you created.

Please make sure that you have CD with the game in your CD-drive before starting the game because if you don't, the game most likely will crash. This is not exactly a bug, but rather a particular feature of the build. >_<

[EDIT: Please keep in mind that this is *NOT* a release version of the patch]

Last edited by Serke; 2009-10-10 at 11:05. Reason: removed the link
Old 2007-11-03, 11:28
Unregistered

Talking

yayyyyyy!!!!!! it worked!!!!!!!!! thank you sooooo much for this!!!!!!
Old 2007-12-05, 21:42
Unregistered

can anyone repost a link for the fixed CF2 patch ?? the current link isn't working
Old 2007-12-06, 01:48
Serke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can anyone repost a link for the fixed CF2 patch ?? the current link isn't working
Sure.
http://rapidshare.com/files/74645355...Patch.zip.html
Old 2007-12-06, 18:11
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serke View Post
thank you very much.. but the link isn't working, it says Download session invalid, can you upload it in another way than rapidshare ?

sorry for the bother truly.. and do you sometimes get lags in any battles in the game ?, happens alot with me although my system is on the latest hardware
Old 2007-12-06, 18:27
Dan

no need to upload it again, thanks!

i just tried again for like the 6th time and it finally worked

thanks again

BTW- i tried putting everything to the low setting and the battle still lag sometimes
Old 2007-12-10, 17:44
Regular

Quote:
I'm currently working on a new patch (which is actually more like a hack) that will 'teach' Kana to play compressed audio (OGG, MP3) and/or WAVs. It will use SDL_mixer library functions to play its music instead of MCI commands that original game uses to play CD-DA. You'll have to rip the audio tracks, convert them to the desired format and place all the audio files in 'CD' subdirectory in your game directory. Hopefully that will solve the BGM problem once and for all.
Looks like it means I'll be able to toss a couple of the old BGMs and replace them with my selections. Keep up the good work.
Old 2007-12-15, 18:33
Visitor

Great patch for Kana Little Sister, Serke. I don't have the BGM problem on my current computer, but I've dealt with it before. However, I was able to replicate the problem, and your patch got the BGM to play.

I have two sites for Kana Little Sister, and on one of them I have a troubleshooting page. I've written alternate solutions for the BGM problem, but I'd like to also add your patch as another solution since it works so well. So with your permission, I'd like to add the kana_sdl.rar and your instructions to my site. Would that be alright?

You can find my troubleshooting page here:

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/m...leshooting.htm
Old 2008-01-18, 22:06
Unregistered

Can somebody please upload the the music files in ogg format since i don't have the game and can't rip the tracks myself.
Old 2008-01-21, 11:07
Serke

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I've written alternate solutions for the BGM problem, but I'd like to also add your patch as another solution since it works so well. So with your permission, I'd like to add the kana_sdl.rar and your instructions to my site. Would that be alright?

You can find my troubleshooting page here:

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/m...leshooting.htm
Actually, you didn't even have to ask for my permission. I didn't make the patch so that nobody would use it, so my answer is 'yes, of course, it would only make me, one of the loyal Kana's fans, happier'.

I checked your site and I liked it a lot. Keep up the great work!

P.S. BTW, not only OGG format is supported in the patch, but also MP3 and WAV.
Old 2008-01-21, 20:54
Visitor

Thanks, Serke. I didn't think that you would say no, but I thought it would be good to still ask you. Afterall, it is your patch. =)

I'm glad you like my site. I'll be sure to make a note about the MP3 and WAV format.
Old 2008-01-22, 01:10
Rasqual Twilight

Quote:
Actually, you didn't even have to ask for my permission. I didn't make the patch so that nobody would use it, so my answer is 'yes, of course, it would only make me, one of the loyal Kana's fans, happier'.
<sarcasm>
Oh, shit, I don't have to rip cards or destroy CDs? I though it was the norm, now
</sarcasm>
Old 2008-01-22, 18:41
Serke

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but no breaking CDs this time. Don't get depressed over it though as this is only a WIP, not the final version. I'll make up for it by arranging a grandiose CD breaking fest when the final version is ready, I promise.

j/k. ^__^
Old 2008-01-26, 15:14
Oscar

Exclamation Hmmm

Hey I have just finished Kana - Little sister - for the first time, what a good graphic novel, I loved it, lucky me I got first the "LIVE NOW" ending and the "BEST ENDING" the second time, I was very sad in the meanwhile between them, but now I'm smiling thinking of what could have passed after that "FIRST FAREWELL" maybe the "FIRST MEETING AS LOVERS" oh yeah, I love this game, I feel like a princess-girl right now... Are there some games like this one? I mean, so deep and emotional but at the same time nice?

I've already got Crescendo (my favorite by now), Heart de Roommate, Hourglass of Summer... Nothing else... Please tell me at my mail I would really appreciate it! oscar_encinas_pattzy@hotmail.com

The only thing I didn't fully enjoy Kana - Little sister -, is because I had to fight agains many troubles with it, the installer showed me errors due to the conversion and XP compat as I see, the game ran well WITHOUTH MUSIC, but ran well... Uncensoring it modified the original exe and I had to take it to Win 98/ME compat mode for being able to change full screen/window mode... Censored worked just fine without any troubles like those... But well, the 98/ME comat mode fixed it, but ruined the intro (wich I love) in fullscreen, so the conclusion is: WAS RUNNING PERFECTLY BEFORE UNCENSORING IT.

But about the music... I played without it, and I've tried everything but that solution in wich we had to convert, rip, etc... 'Cause I can't do it!!! But I really would appreciate too if you tell me how to listen to Kana's music in a image file, yes... I've got it un an image I wish I could buy the original, truly deserves being buyed... Or having the Okaeri version fully translated into english but voices would be perfect, isn't it? But well... I think that's never going to happen... So please pimp my ride... No, just kidding... So please, how can I hear the music from a .ISO (along with a .SUB) image file? I try opening with WMP when the image is mounted but it just shows me the D.O. logooooooooooooo, please, write to my mail: oscar_encinas_pattzy@hotmail.com

Thank you very much for your time!
Old 2008-01-26, 17:06

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Why not put the original disc in instead of using an image?