gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Old 2005-09-15, 11:52
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmchsr0
What I was referring to was the progress of the Fate/Stay Night translation.
Since NLA's foums died, I've got no info as to the progress.
Shii has it down as "stalled", and I suspect "dead" might be more accurate, though I don't have any more certain information than anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmchsr0
Edit: Also, what should I do and who should I contact if I want to make a ren'ai game/Visual Novel?
Try the Lemmasoft forums - that's where most of the people involved in writing English novel games seem to hang out.
Old 2005-09-15, 13:00

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Word is that metachron from NLA is a bit busy with real life and FFXI.
Old 2005-09-15, 15:43
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
FFXI, eh? Too tedious and time-consuming for my tastes, but perhaps when I get a large chuck of free time (read: never) I might try picking it up again. :)
Old 2005-09-15, 16:15
Obsessive

Send a message via ICQ to Shii

Quote:
Yeah, I believe that's the problem. But since it's only been a few months since he was at work, I will be optimistic.
Old 2005-09-15, 17:23
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shii
Quote:
Yeah, I believe that's the problem. But since it's only been a few months since he was at work, I will be optimistic.
What we need.... Is for someone to nag him in game, to stop playing FFXI and Translate Fate ^_^.
Old 2005-09-15, 17:47
Addicted

There is, of course, the prefectly viable option of learning the language yourself and beginning your OWN translation which will no doubt surge forth on an uninterrupted schedule second only to the passing of time in its adherance to 'schedule'.

Just keep in mind that the majority of translators do what they do for free, in their spare time and often for naught but their own amusement, and it takes a certain vile hubris to demand they adhere to anyone's schedule but their own.
Old 2005-09-15, 18:16
kouryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
There is, of course, the prefectly viable option of learning the language yourself and beginning your OWN translation which will no doubt surge forth on an uninterrupted schedule second only to the passing of time in its adherance to 'schedule'.
Yes, well we're working on that.
JAPN101---- Status: Going well so far!
JAPN102---- Status: The idea of Kanji scaring the hell out of me.
Old 2005-09-15, 18:37
Obsessive

We need to drag the team out of FFXI.
Old 2005-09-15, 18:46
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouryuu
Yes, well we're working on that.
JAPN101---- Status: Going well so far!
JAPN102---- Status: The idea of Kanji scaring the hell out of me.
haha, kanji scared the hell out of me too for a long time, untill i came across a little (read: big) book called Remembering the Kanji by a guy named Heisig.

now i'm translating stuff myself - and kanji really isnt as scary as it seems at first. Then again, i did go through 4 years of school trying to simply avoid those annoying little chinese characters ^^
Old 2005-10-06, 11:14

Default ÑSCRIPTER?

First of all, gomen asai for my (probably) bad english, i am natively spanish speaker (from Perú, South America) so i can make very evil mistakes in english. (corrections are welcomed)

Second, bieng my first post here it's hard to ask something, but it's a trouble that caused me insomnia yesterday...

I downloaded the NSCRIPTER SDK and a copy of Narcissu (translated to english, thanks to all) and after the almost tears tried the script extractor, the .txt that came out was pretty understandable without help, commands and the writing itself, i tried re-translating it to spanish and...

IT WORKED

But a minor flaw came in: the letter Ñ (or ñ), that is not included in english, same goes to the accented á é í ó ú; if i use one of these the engine writes kanji instead (thing of Shift-JIS, i think) and the translated script without those character looks funny.

If someone knows a workaround for this trouble (i know this is not a bug for sure) please...

If not, i suppose must leave as is now; or i must start creating "OÑSCRIPTER" for spanish translations?