gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Technical Issues

Technical Issues For bug reports, problem solving, and help running Japanese software.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-10-09, 10:42

Never mind, i solved my problem
Old 2005-12-25, 20:04
Guest2

Regarding those Kanon AFS files...is there someplace where I can get/buy those voice files?

It seems like the only solution at the moment is to buy a Dreamcast, install a mod-chip, and then buy the Dreamcast version of Kanon. Then, figure out how to connect it to my computer and pull out the AFS files somehow. Not a very practical solution.
Old 2005-12-26, 04:00
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2
Regarding those Kanon AFS files...is there someplace where I can get/buy those voice files?

It seems like the only solution at the moment is to buy a Dreamcast, install a mod-chip, and then buy the Dreamcast version of Kanon. Then, figure out how to connect it to my computer and pull out the AFS files somehow. Not a very practical solution.
There are a few alternatives. The files are floating around on most P2P networks, so you could buy the Dreamcast version and then use a download as an "alternative" way of ripping the files. Alternatively, I think there's a voice patch that works with the PS2 version of Kanon, which IIRC uses a standard DVD that can be read in regular PC drives. But googling around just now I could only find that for AIR... it could be adapted, of course.
Old 2006-01-03, 22:28
Guest2

*Rant*
Gahhh...

I know it's none of your problems, but I can't find the DreamCast version. HimeyaShop.com only carries the PS2 version. I highly doubt it's an NTSC version...or does that make a difference if I'm simply taking out some files?

Closest I got to finding Kanon in ebay was Kanon stick deodorant. (actually, there were a few character models, but stick deodorant sounds better.)

Happy late new year!
Old 2006-01-03, 23:55
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Freakker Send a message via Yahoo to Freakker

I thought NTSC was Japan and America, and PAL was Europe?
Old 2006-01-03, 23:56
Addicted

Do a specific search for 'Kanon Dreamcast', and try about once a week - the game seems to pop up fairly often, but there's usually only one copy on at any given time. In fact, a copy of it just ended about 2 days ago at $20-something, which seems to be about the going rate for the game over eBay.

Your other alternative would be to email Himeya or another importer and see if they'd be willing to source it for you.

EDIT: Missed the NTSC thing. Any console versions of Kanon you'll find are NTSC. They won't play on an unmodded American Dreamcast or PS2, but that's because they're encoded for the Japanese region as well. NTSC and PAL are video signals that serve to inadvertently make the international importer's life hell, as opposed to the malevolent evil of region coding, which is much more intentional in foiling the use of imported goods.
Old 2006-01-07, 15:24
Guest2

Lets say one of y'all have the .afs files....

Would it be legal if I bought the files from you? I'm thinking along the lines of a garage/yard sale.
Old 2006-01-07, 15:46
Obsessive

Location: Creatin' F****in Bastard DaiVoyager Drill, Shovel, Mixer and Crane!
Send a message via MSN to cyborg_alberto Send a message via Yahoo to cyborg_alberto

I don't know...
But I think it' isn't 100% Illegal... what's the great problem?

If I'd have the .afs files, I'd put them in some place in the web for anyone here download these files.

BUT the only way to get them for me is(CENSOURED! P2P related!). Also, I couldn't do it here.

Sorry T-T

See ya!

EDIT: Piracy is a very great problem here in Brazil as well as other parts of this World. However, here it's easy to get a Illegal copy of almost CD/DVD products... (Kanon DC isn't in this way... BUT it isn't mean, unfortunately, a people can't ask about, and the "piratet copy seller" can't... find and burn in a DVD for you...) As you see, the things doesn't work well here... ^-^;
I've talked about this because the "CENSOURED! P2P related" I've posted here. Alias, I still DON'T understand why I've posted this...
Closed Thread