gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2006-02-16, 03:40
Ex-boss

Default Kita~~~~~! "Planetarian" boxed edition.

Fresh from the Key homepage, the announcement of Planetarian ~boxed edition~! On sale April 28th. 2,800 yen gets you Planetarian on a CD in a box... with full voice.

The limited edition extra in the first edition will be a copy of Planetarian in book form.

Curse you, Key! Curse you and your constant drain on my credit card!
Old 2006-02-16, 03:56
micpp

The question is, do I re-buy a game I already own just to get voices I can't understand? Well of course I do. I'm an idiot.
Just one question: translation?
Old 2006-02-16, 04:29
Ex-boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by micpp
Just one question: translation?
The current patch won't work, I'm 99% certain. And I don't know that insani are likely to want to release an update, given the massive piracy problems we saw even with the DRM'd download edition. So... probably not.
Old 2006-02-16, 07:44
Addicted

キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

I'm definitely ordering a copy. I bought the KineticNovel edition last year (wow, so long already?) but it will certainly be nice to have a hard copy--and I'm really curious to see what this book is about. I just hope Himeya's markup isn't too steep. Thank goodness it's out after when I should get my tax returns!
Old 2006-02-16, 08:01
Local

That sounds great, I would love to have it - especially since I haven't even read Planetarian yet.

Just too bad the translation doesn't work for it... I should just buy the regular one....

Unless I could have both, of course xD Dreaming is nice....
Old 2006-02-16, 09:46
mr.aufziehvogel

is the story new? or just the voice?

great...: speaks of "kinetic novel version"...is the cd version no kinetic novel version?

then i have to buy it :P
Old 2006-02-16, 11:02
Addicted

By the 'Kinetic Novel version', I just meant the version currently available for purchase and download here.
Aside from being voiced, it doesn't seem like there are any changes to the game, so it's basically a matter of deciding if you want to spend ~$10 on a download (with English translation!) or ~$30 for a physical CD (and a paper novel if you get the first printing!) with full voice.

I've already bought the Kinetic Novel download, but this is cool enough that I'll probably spring for it too. I'm really interested in the novel that comes with the first printing - possibly even moreso than a physical CD or full voicing!
Old 2006-02-16, 14:48
Obsessive

Awesome!

Wait I can't afford it. Yeargh.
Old 2006-02-16, 15:04
adun50

good thing I didn't buy the CD in Akihabara when I saw it, but now its more of a matter if I can purchase it or not, especially with uni starting again soon and all. *sigh* damn all my preorders!
Old 2006-02-16, 17:01
Ex-boss

Can't afford it? This is full voice Revvie-chan we're talking about here! Can't you live off scavenged nuts and berries for a couple of months to pay for it?

Heck, I'd consider paying 500 yen just for 「わたしも、すこしだけ、こわれていますから」...

What do you mean, "distorted values"?
Old 2006-02-16, 19:51
K

No translation, huh... well, no sense buying a book you can't read. Oh well ;_;

EDIT: Wait a minute, paper book form?! The gifting ideas...!!
Old 2006-02-16, 21:09
adun50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeleth
Can't afford it? This is full voice Revvie-chan we're talking about here! Can't you live off scavenged nuts and berries for a couple of months to pay for it?

Heck, I'd consider paying 500 yen just for 「わたしも、すこしだけ、こわれていますから」...
actually I've been living off instant noodles for the last two weeks, lol. but yes, full voiced Reverie is very tempting~~~
Old 2006-02-16, 22:24
Addicted

Instant noodles, pork and beans, bananas, and Spam can sustain human life for an indefinite amount of time. I wouldn't recommend mixing the bananas with anything, though.

Adun, think of it this way: The game doesn't come out until the end of April, and it's only ~$28. If you set aside $10 a week, you'll have enough to order it and pay for shipping by the time March is over!
Old 2006-02-17, 01:30

Send a message via ICQ to zalas

Arrrg! Why won't Amazon JP let me order games from it -.- Okay okay I know there's all those export problems and stuff but BUT BUT!!! It even has a paperback as a preorder bonus. ;_; Maybe I'll need to hit up yahoo japan again ._.

EDIT: Haha! And this is below their announcement on the front page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key
『Key Sounds Label & Game Music Club Party. -OTSU-』のイベントに出演して下さる女性プレイヤーを募集中です。 詳細はコチラへ
I guess they're recruiting girls who play their games to appear on stage at their music party? XD
Old 2006-02-17, 12:13
Local

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Arrrg! Why won't Amazon JP let me order games from it -.- Okay okay I know there's all those export problems and stuff but BUT BUT!!! It even has a paperback as a preorder bonus. ;_; Maybe I'll need to hit up yahoo japan again ._.
Yeah, amazon.jp's refusual to ship software overseas sucks. Especially since their definition of 'software' is manufactuer based and fairly broad, i.e. the I've sound cds are categoried as 'software'...

I wonder if Himeya will put it up for preorder