gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > Production & Help

Production & Help For discussions regarding production aspects, especially localisation, of visual novels and related games.

Old 2011-04-07, 15:39

Default Oreimo PSP Staff Wanted

There is a project on tlwiki for the translation of the Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai Portable for the PSP.
http://tlwiki.tsukuru.info/index.php...a_Nai_Portable

EdMX has offered to help translate the game, and I am editing/QCing.

Update: We now have another translator, a T/L checker, and two image editors. Ed is still bleeding for another translator though.

Our hacker, RoByte, has returned. Apparently he/she can recompile the scripts so we should be fine for hacking. Thanks anons and Nanashi3 for the help!

If you are interested you can contact me at bokunoyakusoku@gmail.com
or just head over to the tlwiki page and announce that you'd like to help.
Or you can reply here. xD

Last edited by AngelicDreams; 2011-05-08 at 12:10.
Old 2011-04-08, 17:38
Unregistered

Rather than the HCA, which look very much like compressed sound effects (see also: 1296615259), I'd rather look elsewhere if I were you, at the obj files maybe?.
Old 2011-04-08, 19:19
Unregistered

Hint: it's MBCS (utf16?), but you'll have to figure out which endianness and what delimiter bytecodes in order to pull out text strings

Quote:
京介「だから桐乃のやつ、今頃部屋で買ったばかりのゲームに熱中してるんじゃねえかな」
Old 2011-04-08, 21:26

Unfortunately I forget to mention this but when I said I was desperate, I meant that I attempted to extract the script with absolutely no experience at all. Zero. Nilch. Nada. It was mostly trial and error trying to figure out what to do. In fact, even if I found a way to extract the script on my own, I wouldn't know how to...recompile (I think that's what it's called) everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Rather than the HCA, which look very much like compressed sound effects (see also: 1296615259), I'd rather look elsewhere if I were you, at the obj files maybe?.
Like I said, I have no experience with this but with your suggestion, I attempted to open the an obj file from one of the .dat files (AKYO_0000A.0001) which I extracted with tenori tool.

Of course, I had no idea how to do this, but in the end I opened it with Microsoft Visual Studio and found what looks like (not sure, as I, again, have no experience with this stuff) hex strings.

If these strings can be converted into text then this might be the script? I have no idea. But it seems that the next poster might.

Quote:
Hint: it's MBCS (utf16?), but you'll have to figure out which endianness and what delimiter bytecodes in order to pull out text strings
I do not know what MBCS utf16 is. (I'm sorry I don't know any of this >.<)
But from utf16 I would think that it is a unicode or something. (Maybe for the hex strings that I found in the .obj?) From what you posted, it seems like you have possibly found a way to extract the script? (using delimiter bytecodes, which I have no idea what they are, to pull out text from a file, maybe the .obj?) Bah, I should go learn this stuff.
Old 2011-04-09, 07:49
Unregistered

Using your example and tenoritool, I extracted the file "AKYO_0000A.obj.gz" from "AKYO_0000A.0001.dat" from "AKYO_0000A.dat" from "script.dat" from "RES.DAT". Then I extracted "AKYO_0000A.obj" from "AKYO_0000A.obj.gz" using 7zip, you can use other programs to do this.

The text strings are in UTF-16LE,
to view it, you can try:
remove the first byte with an hex editor (filesize should be 9888 minus 1 bytes), rename the extension to txt, open it with firefox, set the character encoding to "UTF-16LE".
Old 2011-04-09, 08:51

Quote:
Using your example and tenoritool, I extracted the file "AKYO_0000A.obj.gz" from "AKYO_0000A.0001.dat" from "AKYO_0000A.dat" from "script.dat" from "RES.DAT". Then I extracted "AKYO_0000A.obj" from "AKYO_0000A.obj.gz" using 7zip, you can use other programs to do this.

The text strings are in UTF-16LE,
to view it, you can try:
remove the first byte with an hex editor (filesize should be 9888 minus 1 bytes), rename the extension to txt, open it with firefox, set the character encoding to "UTF-16LE".
This has brought me one step closer!
I opened it both in JEdit and in Firefox after removing the first bytewith UTF-16LE encoding and received the (I think) same result. There is definitely recognizable script in there. Of course, there is still some gibberish which I assume is what "figure out which endianness and what delimiter bytecodes in order to pull out text strings" means. I will have to figure out what this means and what I have to do, but even so, thank you everyone. At least I now know where the scripts are and that they exist. ;D

Edit: Of course, I'm definitely still looking for hacker(s)/staff. If anyone would like to volunteer, please do. :D

Last edited by AngelicDreams; 2011-04-09 at 09:57.
Old 2011-04-09, 10:12
Nanashi3

extracted scripts
http://ifolder.ru/22871967
Old 2011-04-09, 10:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi3 View Post
extracted scripts
http://ifolder.ru/22871967
Oh my god, thank you very much! This saves me so much trouble!! I love you! <3 I don't know how long this took you, but thank you for helping! I will be sure to give credit to you and everyone else for the help.

Now all I need to do is see if I can find a way to recompile the scripts after they're translated and then back into the original .dat files and get the game working.
Old 2011-04-09, 11:08
Obsessive

Usually, reinsertion is a lot more tricky than extraction... >_>;;
Old 2011-04-09, 11:19

Yes, unfortunately, but I am still extremely happy with what we have now, since a few days ago I had absolutely no idea how I would get this project started without scripts. And now we have them! :)
Old 2011-04-09, 11:37
Nanashi3

AASTARTPOINT: http://ifolder.ru/22873124

Extractor:
QuickBMS script
Old 2011-04-09, 13:49

Thank you. I was wondering where AASTARTPOINT was.
Old 2011-04-12, 09:14
Nanashi3

Lightbulb

Updated scripts, parsing additional commands (ui messages, etc.).

For modified files only: modified files

QuickBMS Guyzware OBJ script (script 0.2.0)
Old 2011-04-12, 13:34

Thank you! I don't exactly understand the changes, but I have provided the updated scripts to our staff.
Old 2011-04-12, 15:18
Nanashi3

somewhat unrelated, toradora scripts. (extractor bumped to version 0.2.1)

Would be nice if you managed to have that other guy who (tentatively?) wrote a .dat repacker to release his/her source code.

out,
7-4-3.