gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2010-08-24, 04:30
Obsessive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
If you do good work, you're allowed to be self-important and arrogant, I feel.

No comment about Moogy here since I haven't actually seen any of his work!
I see what you did thar.

I can't say anything for translation quality soo nothing for me to add...

Of course I do love quality translations.

Last edited by fujifruit; 2010-08-24 at 04:33.
Old 2010-08-24, 06:02
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Exactly. However, the typical fanboy is just too stupid to recognize good work when it is placed in front of his acne ridden face.
'sup Moogy.
Old 2010-08-24, 06:43
Obsessive

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

calm down guys (´_ゝ`)
Old 2010-08-24, 06:57
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
calm down guys (´_ゝ`)
Yeah, we should all be cool and calm like Moogy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy
Also, this isn’t directly related to the topic of this post, but I figure I’ll take this opportunity to call out Agilis’s Narcissu2 translation for being a horrible piece of bullshit that reads like it was translated by a dictionary. Not by someone reading a dictionary or anything silly like that. Actually by some sort of sentient dictionary. A sentient dictionary which values reproducing the original “Japanese” “sentence structure” above all else, including actually coming up with an accurate translation. So I guess that makes Agilis the living embodiment of fucking EDICT or something. Maybe in his next life he’ll get to be Yahoo Jisho. Honestly I could discuss how fucking bad this translation is for ages but it just pisses me off so let’s stop here.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Come fucking on, the name of the fucking site is proper-permission.org. That alone does far more to ridicule this misguided, should-have-been-an-abortion of an idea than I ever could. What the fuck kind of permission isn’t “proper” anyway? Like if I fucking hold up some bastard on the street and I’m like let me translate your fucking shit or you’re getting a bullet right to the fucking head and he agrees out of desperation would that be considered “improper” permission? Like come on guys define your fucking term here if you’re so in love with it that you named your damn site after it.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:05
Posts way too much

In all fairness Moogy's blog is mostly written in this kind of style - check out the post just before that one. I don't think he was being entirely serious!

On the other hand, it is kind of fun to imagine Moogy with steam pouring out of his ears in anger over seeing the name of a collaborative translation project.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:31
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy's twitter
people apparently fucking lie in wait for me to say something...
Oh, the unwarranted self importance! You aren't so important there aren't gangs of people waiting to get you. People just wish you would stop acting like a child and insulting people you consider yourself better than (everyone).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asceai View Post
In all fairness Moogy's blog is mostly written in this kind of style - check out the post just before that one. I don't think he was being entirely serious!

On the other hand, it is kind of fun to imagine Moogy with steam pouring out of his ears in anger over seeing the name of a collaborative translation project.
He didn't used to be like this if you look at the earlier blog posts, his ego has just grown huge since then. I don't care if he's trying to be funny, he shouldn't call someone else's hard work they did for free "a horrible piece of bullshit".

He needs to take his huge ego down a few pegs and stop acting so immaturely.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:51
Obsessive

Quote:
You aren't so important there aren't gangs of people waiting to get you.
i guess i am then
Old 2010-08-24, 07:55
Obsessive

by the way you apparently stalk my twitter so i don't think you should be talking here
Old 2010-08-24, 08:17
Unregistered

This thread is indicative of the sad state of this so-called "scene."

We have self-important pompous "translators" who apparently think they are engaged in some kind of sophisticated intellectual endeavor. We have fanboys who somehow think they have a right to pirate material. These same fanboys then rage when the Japanese companies actually exert their rights and prevent their work from being tampered with as if these fanboys had any right to access this material in the first place. We have the commercial translation companies peddling their mediocre products.

Truly pathetic.
Old 2010-08-24, 08:36
Obsessive

Its like reading a gossip magazine full of bullshit gossip!

From this:

An important question. Why do you sacrifice 1-2 years of your free time to bring projects to fruition? I would like to believe that most people do it because they love the visual novels so much, but I suspect that the real reasons are quite different.

To this

"OMFG BULLSHIT TRANSLATION"

O_________________O
Old 2010-08-24, 09:37
Unregistered

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
by the way you apparently stalk my twitter so i don't think you should be talking here
Isn't following someone the whole idea of twitter?
Old 2010-08-24, 09:50
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
Its like reading a gossip magazine full of bullshit gossip!

From this:

An important question. Why do you sacrifice 1-2 years of your free time to bring projects to fruition? I would like to believe that most people do it because they love the visual novels so much, but I suspect that the real reasons are quite different.

To this

"OMFG BULLSHIT TRANSLATION"

O_________________O
If you don't like it feel free to leave. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 2010-08-24, 10:06
Obsessive

Quote:
If you don't like it feel free to leave. And don't let the door hit you on the way out.
I AM the door.

Lets all respect each other <3?
Old 2010-08-24, 10:24
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujifruit View Post
I AM the door.
...I think this was the best comeback of all time.
Old 2010-08-24, 10:29
Regular

Quote:
I think fujifruit is right. The question was simply "Why do you translate for free?". All the other stuff is useless and off topic here.
If you want to scream out to each other, I guess it'd better if you did it opening a different thread.
You can't say "go out" to someone who was only saying "this is not the right topic for this".
Isn't there any rule in these forums?