gemot encubed  

Go Back   gemot encubed > Gemot > General Discussion

General Discussion Theres a Clannad of AIR-headed Kanon fodder being shot by the Little Busters After Tomoyo on a Planet-arian.

Old 2009-05-18, 06:56
Regular

Default MOON. thoughts/completion

Finished playing MOON. a few days ago. Though I had already read it was "somewhat" dark, it certainly wasn't what I was expecting from the proto Key. I liked it, nevertheless. It was... intriguing, maybe.
Tbg svefg gur Abezny Raqvat, naq V guvax V yvxrq vg zber guna gur Gehr (ng yrnfg, gur Gehr qbrfa'g nqq zhpu). Nyfb, V jbhyq unq yvxrq gb frr Lbhxb va gur rcvybthr.

Also, I think I did basically everything, but there are still quite a few CGs missing in the gallery. There's somewhat not obvious that needs to be done to get more CGs? The walkthrough that comes with the patch, though useful to finish the game and get the True Ending, doesn't help me here.
Naq nobhg gur cngeby gung fnlf gung vs lbh zrg uvz 5 gvzr ur'yy tvir lbh fbzrguvat, vf gung gehr? Lbh trg fbzrguvat?
Old 2009-05-18, 21:55
Regular

Ups to you for making this thread! I thought we needed some MOON. discussion, too. I finished my first playthrough about a week ago, and as much as I want to continue, the game is so heavy I think I need to take a break and play some upbeat renai games for a while first. But in short, I think MOON. is amazing. It surpassed all the expectations I had for it after playing ONE.

Echoing the sentiments about proto-Key, I did like ONE, and some of the routes were truly awesome (Misaki-senpai), but others were vaguely disturbing (Nagamori) and one IMO was downright awful - I have to say I found Mayu the most irritating and unappealing heroine in any VN I've ever played, and her route didn't do a thing for me except make me race for the mute button on my speakers whenever she started crying. With that being the Key gang's second game and MOON. being their first (and with all the CG I'd seen from it being rape scenes), I wasn't setting my hopes too high. But MOON. amazed me. I'll write about write about why in more detail, when I'm not at work.

Mazyrian, about your second point: that's a good question. I encountered that event in my game too, but IIRC I got to five and nothing happened. I do admit I wasn't counting the times we met that closely, though. Anyone know?

On that note, does anyone else think gur N ohvyqvat cngebyzna zvtug or Vxhzv'f sngure? Vg qvq frrz yvxr jr jrer tvira rabhtu ernfbaf gb guvax fb; gurer'f gur thneq'f vagrerfg va Vxhzv, ure sngure'f fhqqra qvfnccrnenapr sebz gur Nznfnjn ubhfrubyq va gur cnfg (juvpu pbhyq nyfb rkcynva jul Vxhzv'f zbgure jrag gb SNETB va gur svefg cynpr, vs fur xarj ure uhfonaq jnf gurer)... ure sngure rira ybbxf yvxr gur cngebyzna va gung srfgviny PT. V unir gb purpx ba ercynl jurgure gurve INf ner gur fnzr.

(ETA: No, seems to be different VAs. But I stand by my theory anyway.)

And moreover... does anyone know how to get the last bad end (snvyvat gur svany obff ybbc)? I tried to purposely mess up for something like 5 minutes on end and still didn't trigger it.

Last edited by yuki_tsumotteru; 2009-05-19 at 04:28.
Old 2009-05-19, 13:35
Regular

I also liked ONE, though I think my favourite route/girl is Nanase, altough, excepting Mayu and Akane, all the others girls are only a little bit lower. Akane I didn't like much as girl, though her route was good, and I echo the sentiments about Mayu.

Uzz, gung'f n tbbq bar, gur thneq orvat Vxhzv'f sngure.
Arvgure V pbhyq trg gur ynfg onq raq; gevrq n srj gvzrf ohg tnir hc, fcrpvnyyl fvapr vg frrzrq vg qvqa'g unir nal PT.

Speaking of which, extracted the data and saw that the "missing" CGs I had already seen, but for some reason didn't show up after finishing the game. PLayed again the corresponding scenes and unlocked them, though.

EDIT: It seems these CGs were the ones I got in a session in which the game crashed, so upon restart they didn't got registered. The crash was because of saving at morning of days 11 and 12 (at least, maybe it also happens on more days), and to restart you first have to erase the culprit save; if somebody else has the same problem, it would be advisable to quickly replay the session.

Last edited by Mazyrian; 2009-05-20 at 16:20.
Old 2009-05-19, 14:53
Posts way too much

I felt ONE was a lot better than MOON., but I'm not complaining about MOON. here - I just felt ONE was better than most of the other titles by Tactics/Key. MOON. certainly blows Kanon out of the water (mostly because Jun Maeda had more of a contribution and he's always been the essence of Key, to me).

I mostly found the story to be entertaining and the characters wonderful, I guess. And I always loved the ridiculous final battle.
Old 2009-05-25, 13:35
Regular

Been replaying ONE, and it seems the MOON. girls decided to go the school after their game:

http://7nightstranslations.wordpress.com/ - VN reviews and stuff
Old 2009-05-26, 03:48
Regular

I enjoy that background - love how they even got Youko in there, though you don't notice it's her at first.

Oh, and it seems I ran into the patrolman enough times for him to tell me that "something good" on this playthrough. Jura lbh zrrg uvz, ur fnlf fbzrguvat gb gur rssrpg bs "bu lrnu, vg'f orra svir gvzrf, unfa'g vg" naq gura onfvpnyyl tvirf lbh n uvag nobhg trggvat gung bar Lbhxb PT - ur gryyf lbh gurer'f n ebbz jvgu n irag va gur onpx gung lbh pna frr fbzrguvat njrfbzr guebhtu, gubhtu ur guvaxf vg jba'g vagrerfg lbh orpnhfr lbh'er n tvey KQ

IIRC, you can only get this to happen on Day 11, fvapr ur zragvbaf gung ur fnj fbzrguvat tbbq gurer "sbhe qnlf ntb", naq gur avtug bs Qnl 7 vf gur bayl gvzr lbh pna ybbx vagb Lbhxb'f ebbz naq trg gung PT.
Old 2009-05-26, 13:29
Regular

Tried that, but got a normal message in my encounter; I must have missed some earlier encounter. Still, if what you describe is the only thing you get, it seems I'm not missing much.

Old 2009-05-26, 14:21
Posts way too much

Yeah, that bit was amusing.

I played MOON. without a kouryaku originally so that was the only way I could find out about that =P
Old 2009-05-26, 16:08
Visitor

Mazyrian: It seems to be a bug--the patrolman says the second-to-last message twice before he gets to the one that's due.

There's a lot I could say about MOON. I'm glad to see it getting some attention. The Key group on mixi doesn't even acknowledge its existence in its profile, although it mentions ONE.

I played it last year. I liked it a lot, although I had trouble saying that given the impression some of the content gives (could this be why it's so little discussed?). I was very stressed, and the sense of entrapment was paradoxically liberating. Real life often gives too many ambiguous options. The world of MOON. narrows those down. The horror is mind-blowing, yet Ikumi maintains direction. After finishing it, I felt inspired to look at adversity as a challenge rather than an obstacle.

There are certainly weaknesses I can point out to downplay my appreciation. The structure is a bit wonky, and Yui's story felt, though the most mind-blowing, a tad hammy at its peak. Gur svefg gvzr V cynlrq vg, Lhv naq Unehxn qvrq, Lbxb yrsg, naq V fnirq gur tnzr guvaxvat gung gur cebybatrq erfbyhgvba gung jbhyq rkcynva rirelguvat jbhyq xrrc zr hc nyy avtug. Gura gur arkg qnl V ybnqrq gur tnzr, naq svir zvahgrf yngre V nfxrq, "JGS VG'F BIRE?!" Gura V jrag onpx naq fnirq Lhv naq Unehxn, svavfurq ntnva, naq nfxrq, "JGS GUNG'F VG?!" Fb jung vf hc jvgu gung sybjre orq? V gubhtug nobhg vg, naq V pbapyhqrq gung gurer vfa'g nal shyy engvbany rkcynangvba va gur svefg cynpr; gur sybjre orq naq gur zbba ner whfg cebibpngvir nofgenpg vpbabtencul. Gur sybjre orq fhttrfgf gur obeqre bs qrngu naq ybbxf ernyyl pbby.
Old 2009-06-12, 22:11
Regular

For completeness' sake, I poked around until I found my way into the final bad end: Vs lbh znxr nyy gur "evtug" Rycbq nafjref jvgu Lbhxb, ohg gura pubbfr gb yrg Unehxn yvpx lbh ng gur raq, lbh pna cnff gur fpubby yvsr onq raq, ohg snvy va gur svany obff ybbc.
Old 2009-07-13, 23:10

Ehehehe. I'm expecting to just hear 'Do it yourself,' but I don't suppose anyone could help me beat MOON. >.> The final battle of sorts has left me completely confused after about half an hour of trying to pass it. I'm not randomly guessing; I'm trying to answer appropriately. /o\ However, I have been unsuccessful at beating it. Can I get any help? Hints, even?
Old 2009-07-14, 09:00
Regular

I didn't have much trouble, if you try every choice (and there aren't that many) you should pass it.
As far as I remember, gur xrl pubvpr vf tbvat gb ohl gur... guvat lbh jnagrq (abj V qba'g dhvgr erzrzore gur qrgnvyf) ng gur nccebcevngr cynpr.
Or maybe you pubfr gb yrg Unehxn yvpx lbh ng gur raq va gur ynfg Rycbq, juvpu nppbeqvat gb gur cerivbhf cbfg tvirf lbh n onq raq ng gur svany onggyr

Old 2009-07-14, 12:51

Aha! Thank you, it was a matter of that Elpod scene mentioned above. Luckily, I had a save on Day 12. Much love.~o~
Old 2009-08-12, 14:51

I just started MOON. It seems to be fairly good so far. However, am I supposed to understand all of the terms that are used at the beginning of the game? (like "new believers") It's really confusing.

Edit: Wow, this is a really good visual novel... It's so much better than ONE! It reminds me a little bit of Ever17 in terms of the mysterious plot.

Last edited by KoiNoDensetsu; 2009-08-12 at 17:05.
Old 2009-08-13, 07:39
Regular

These terms are eventually explained, and anyways, they probably mean what you could guess.