View Single Post
Old 2009-04-10, 17:25

Default Cannonball Translation Project

Hello, I'm new here and I was re-directed here from mirrormoon.

I would like to start my own translation project for the VN Cannonball (http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=17403). I know that translating it will be no small feat, and that's why I came here for advice on how to get started.

First off, and please correct me if I'm wrong, a translation of a VN would require four main categories of skill sets: Translating, Programing, Image Editing, and Proofreading.

*)Now for the Programing and Image Editing after asking around I believe I have a sufficient amount of skilled people, myself included, who are able and willing to do what is required.

*) Proofreading I think will be able to be outsourced to volunteers not directly involved with the project once the translation is done. Also, because as it is at the end of the project, hopefully the momentum that we have gathered now that it is close to realization will help us pick up editors with sufficient knowledge of Japanese more easily than finding members for the other parts of the project.

*) And now for the biggest problem, Translation. I don't have a translator and would like to know where to find one. I know that this is the most important part and that translators are by far the rarest and most sought out of all these skill sets.

So my question is: where can I find a translator, or at least where should I start looking? And also please give me any other advice about starting up, logistics, or anything else that may help.

Oh, and anyone is interested in volunteering or helping out please post here!

Thank you very much! *sorry for the wall of text :)