View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 18:56
Roto

Yes, people are already playing it. The patch hasn't actually been released yet; any that are floating around out there have been compiled from the scripts off of the wiki by third parties and are completely unsupported. While the whole game has been translated and the scripts are posted, the quality of the translation from scene-to-scene ranges from pretty decent to barely better than machine translation. Furthermore, I don't think the group that's working on it has posted any of the edited scripts they're working on, so the scripts on the wiki aren't getting any better.

Your options are basically:
  • take what you can get now, play with a spotty translation AND no save capability
  • do some RealLive hacking and fix the save capability, but still play with a spotty translation
  • obtain the non-voiced version of the game which has a (unsupported) patch with save capability, but still a spotty translation
  • play in Japanese, or
  • wait for the patch to be actually released, which will presumably have working save and a decent translation

Personally, since good visual novels with English translations are both expensive and few and far between, I'd rather be patient and play with a good translation rather than get half the experience right now. But hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess.