gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   All's right with the world (at least in GSL Land) (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=6790)

GreatSaintLouis 2005-05-13 13:45

All's right with the world (at least in GSL Land)

I realize this is a fairly pointless post only marginally relevant to the topic of the board, but I just had to share my uncontainable glee at what arrived in the mail today: (Horrible image quality courtesy PalmIIIc/PalmPix camera)
http://home.sou.edu/~stlouisc/GSLkanon.jpg

On one hand, I finally have a copy of my own, but on the other hand, I have to wait until Haeleth's RealLive version of the english patch, but I suppose it's better than the patch being finished and not having a copy of the game.

I also get to open up the PC and disconnect the Zip drive in order to hook the DVD-ROM back up. Whee.

2005-05-13 14:42

Lol. now you've just got AIR, Clannad, Fate/Stay Night, and all the rest to go!

Spiritsnare 2005-05-13 18:47

And [unfortunately ._.] you have to wait for a Standard Edition patch to be written!

Still - great! ^_^

GreatSaintLouis 2005-05-13 21:40

Yes, there is the waiting for the patch, but Haeleth is actively working on one alongside the AVG32 patch, so it's not like I just have to hope someone picks it up.

And yeah, I now have Kanon and Planetarian, but still intend to pick up Clannad (though I'm hoping for some sort of cheaper re-release), the Air Standard Edition For All-Ages when it's released, Fate/stay night, One, Tsukihime (if possible), and a handful of others I can't remember at the time. Unfortunately, Kanon and Planetarian were the cheap ones - the cd-based Air for All-Ages is $58 at Himeya, One and Clannad both weigh in around $70, and F/SN is a whopping $82. Thank goodness it's almost summer, meaning no school and more work, but at those prices it's still going to be a while before I get all of the titles I want. :(

2005-05-13 22:09

wow...
I thought I'd i try and find a site other than himeya, that might sell the games cheaper, so I could help you out some...

Amazing how i couldn't...
but everyone and their uncles sells the Fate/Stay Night Figures, and apparently Clannad is an Irish Celtic band.

-.-

GreatSaintLouis 2005-05-13 23:50

Assuming I wanted to order 2 or more of the games, I'd go through Akibado, but with a fairly hefty service fee, it doesn't make much sense to buy just one game and pay $10-$20 extra.

New 2005-05-14 01:43

I felt like killing someone and taking a valued posession.

Thank you for volunteering.

:D

Seriously, though, you lucky bastard! Good for you! I only have the original version...

Aldareon 2005-05-14 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatSaintLouis
And yeah, I now have Kanon and Planetarian, but still intend to pick up Clannad (though I'm hoping for some sort of cheaper re-release), the Air Standard Edition For All-Ages when it's released, Fate/stay night, One, Tsukihime (if possible), and a handful of others I can't remember at the time. Unfortunately, Kanon and Planetarian were the cheap ones - the cd-based Air for All-Ages is $58 at Himeya, One and Clannad both weigh in around $70, and F/SN is a whopping $82. Thank goodness it's almost summer, meaning no school and more work, but at those prices it's still going to be a while before I get all of the titles I want. :(

Think of the bright side - once you get all these titles, you will have a lot of time to save up for the next "big" release in the ren-ai genre. Just basing my assumption on the relative frequency of new releases for the past couple of years or so ^_^

Spiritsnare 2005-05-14 07:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by kouryuu
...apparently Clannad is an Irish Celtic band.

-.-

I found that out on Wikipedia, heh. Whenever I mention anything about Clannad, they either 1) think of Enya or 2) mutter "wtf?"

This makes me sad. None of my friends are enlightened.

Maceart 2005-05-14 08:34

So that's what GreatSaintLouis looks like... white, not too freckley, and not one bit otakuish to me.

Slipgate 2005-05-14 13:02

I'm curious that he fuzzed out everything but himself:).

Ya know, it's pretty good that they even know about Clannad as an Irish band, you know. That IS enlightened, just on something else :).

GreatSaintLouis 2005-05-14 14:41

The fuzzing out everything else was to keep the glory of the moment from being spoilt by my horribly messy room. ;) Basically all you're missing is a counter cluttered with a coffeepot, various (clean) dishes, and foam/plastic ramen cartons, plus a towel hanging off the closet door. See? Nothing terribly interesting.

And while I'm glad I don't look otaku-ish (I try hard not to fall into the common stereotypes even if some of my interests include video games and various anime), what gave the impression that I would be freckled or non-white? Or is it just one of those things where you read someone's posts on a message board and think, "Oh, I bet they would look like..."?

Slipgate 2005-05-14 17:49

Well you don't know what I am, do you? :)

Ramen cartons... and you're holding Kanon Standard Edition. Mmm hmm.

Priorities? :) (Just joshing you)

GreatSaintLouis 2005-05-14 18:11

Priorities are EXACTLY why I'm eating out of ramen cartons yet holding the Kanon SE! Of course, others sometimes don't seem to share my priorities, oddly enough...

2005-05-14 18:39

Haha so you bought it?

I was gonna buy one too but I just had to buy and play NekoNeko soft's サナララ XP

Well, hope you will enjoy the game =)