gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   [Itaru's New Work] Bokura wa Minna, Koi wo Suru (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=6925)

AstCd2 2005-11-29 00:37

[Itaru's New Work] Bokura wa Minna, Koi wo Suru

http://www.messe.gr.jp/boys/soft/200.../cool_b_5a.jpg

January's Cool-B (a magazine dedicated to 'boys love' and 'otome-gaming'1) carries the tagline of:
超大物原画家ついにBLに本格参戦!(Super big-name artist finally takes on the world of Boys Love!")

Going by the cover (top left corner), the artist in question appears to be none other than Key's lead artist Hinoue Itaru (One, Kanon, Air, Clannad, Little Busters) - although given the context, I'm guessing she's doing this one for a different company.

The other name mentioned on the cover in connection with the project is2 陣内, who wrote the fairly well-received3 boys love game 俺の下であがけ.

1Renai games targeted at a female audience featuring shota and bishounen characters instead of bishoujo.
2According to 2ch, anyway
3As far as I can tell - as you might have guessed, this isn't really my area of expertise ^_^;;

Misu 2005-11-29 00:46

Hmmm.... quite an interesting turn of developments.

Wonder who shes working for?

AstCd2 2005-11-29 00:53

I doubt we'd recognise the brand even if we knew =P

Incidentally, it's been brought up that Maeda Jun commented in an interview that after Clannad, each staff member was given time to produce something they were personally interested in making. If Maeda and Orito worked on Tomoyo After and Itaru on this game, perhaps we'll see even more to come from the remaining staff.

zalas 2005-11-29 02:28

For some reason I have a mental picture of Yamamoto Kazue leading the young Itaruruw astray...

Nanatuha 2005-11-29 04:29

In as far as I played trials, 俺の下であがけ is nice game to alise-soft taste fan, at least better than 王子様Lv1 of same brand.

Although, I guess no one in here won't buy it.

2005-11-29 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanatuha

Although, I guess no one in here won't buy it.

I doubt everybody will buy it ;)
Sorry, just want to note that 誰も買いません does not translate to 'nobody won't buy it' but rather 'nobody will buy it'. Just want to point it out because it IS an important thing to remember in English (okay you probably have been aware of that already). An even harder thing is that しか(ありません) is also not negated in English.

Nanatuha 2005-11-29 06:57

Gah! There are a lot of examples in "Of Mice and Men"? They mean negative by double denial!?

orz ごめーんなさーい。 I mistook completely. and thanks Guest-sama.

Haeleth 2005-11-29 07:02

Ah, that's the confusing part: in non-standard English a double negative is still negative. It's only in standard English that it becomes positive. In "Of Mice and Men", I think most of the characters speak a lower-class dialect.

So "I don't know nothing" can mean either "I know nothing" or "I know something", depending on whether the speaker is speaking in dialect or in standard English. Confusing, isn't it? ^_^

(As for the prospect of Itaru doing BL... er... words fail me.)

Nanatuha 2005-11-29 07:21

Yes, it is written in a dialect.

And all words "ask" are written as "ast" in the book. While reading the book I couldn't help to wonder if "AstCd2" is really standard English. ;P

GreatSaintLouis 2005-11-29 11:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haeleth
Ah, that's the confusing part: in non-standard English a double negative is still negative. It's only in standard English that it becomes positive. In "Of Mice and Men", I think most of the characters speak a lower-class dialect.

So "I don't know nothing" can mean either "I know nothing" or "I know something", depending on whether the speaker is speaking in dialect or in standard English. Confusing, isn't it? ^_^

I'm not sure about England, but people get away with it here in America because most of the populace is just too dumb to call them on it. See also: 'ain't', recently accepted into standard dictionaries.

2005-11-30 19:48

haha. yes us silly american fools and our lack of correct english grammar!

why if i didnt never know hows i wasn't surposed te talk i mighta not made it inter them thar high class schoolin'. I made it all der way ta 10th grade!

;)

As for the game... *holds AIR Movie Artbook next to image* O.o!!!!

*picks jaw off floor*
granted, i might not ever own this game.... i know a few people who might...

AstCd2 2005-11-30 23:03

http://members.optushome.com.au/cjtchen/uho.jpg

Pictures キタ━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━ッ!!

Haeleth 2005-12-01 01:39

...of course, with the new super-loli Itaru, it's hard to tell the difference between those and girls with really extraordinarily little busts. ^_^

Nanatuha 2005-12-01 03:41

And, the difference of the lower half of the body is concealed with the mosaic. We can Moe! We can Moe enough!!

Yes, I respectfully hand over the privilege of buying the game to haeleth.

procyon 2005-12-01 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanatuha
And, the difference of the lower half of the body is concealed with the mosaic. We can Moe! We can Moe enough!!

Arugh! Bad mental images x_x