gemot encubed

gemot encubed (http://forums.novelnews.net/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.novelnews.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   General News IV: A New Hope? (http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=35799)

zalas 2010-04-26 19:30

General News IV: A New Hope?

Previous thread: http://forums.novelnews.net/showthread.php?t=9789

Last discussion direction: minori debacle and Meine Liebe II translation project.

Agilis 2010-04-26 20:13

OMG 1st post!

Btw. Any translators out there who happen to have free time in the next 45 days?

2010-04-26 20:24

Wow, I just had to go look back to find out when General news 2 had been posted: 3, soon to be 4 years ago...

Man, I've been on here forever.

Edit:
これからの数年にもよきスレになりますように、
エロゲ業界が拡大しますように、
英語圏では成功しますように、
これからの作品も楽しくなりますように、

乾杯

Magedark 2010-04-26 21:17

First page power only for the sake of it.
To another thread.

Stranger 2010-04-26 22:58

Kent police bring obscenity charge over online chat
Court hearing next week
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04...ications_chat/

so if you are in the UK, you should be very careful about what you *type* (and maybe what you read as well). I don't really understand it fully (INAL), but it seem if you type that is considered "obscene", then they can charge you with it (not sure about *reading*).

So be careful if you leave comment on eroge sites from the UK.

Moogy 2010-04-27 01:14

So TLWiki got another C&D, this time from Cuffs regarding Yosuga no Sora. They decided to go with a simple, polite email instead of crazy edit wars and other such nonsense, at least.

/jp/ thread (The best source of information, clearly)
Email + translation

We've complied by removing the page and files. Dunno if the staff wants to keep going.

Stranger 2010-04-27 01:47

eroge makers are taking a clear notice of us, and it seem not be a good thing so far :-(

lets hope that VisualArts doesn't go this way as well, but instead go the MG way

appztetra 2010-04-27 02:32

Looks like the world is going to end...

let's stay low....for now.

Stranger 2010-04-27 03:05

question, did minori announce that they toke this action* in Japan? For a 2nd company to take action so soon afterward is a bit suspicious to me

* C&D to TLwiki and NNL

LoSs 2010-04-27 05:54

What kind of announcement were you waiting? We checked the IP, and it indeed belongs to minori inc PC.

NTX 2010-04-27 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoSs (Post 65356)
What kind of announcement were you waiting? We checked the IP, and it indeed belongs to minori inc PC.

I think he meant did Minori blab about TLWiki to other game companies (ie. hey, there's this translation site that has all our games) because two C&D's in less than a week is uncommon

HashiriyaR32 2010-04-27 06:35

Something is up. The other companies may be using minori's successful C&D as a push to issue their own.

Stranger 2010-04-27 06:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTX (Post 65357)
I think he meant did Minori blab about TLWiki to other game companies (ie. hey, there's this translation site that has all our games) because two C&D's in less than a week is uncommon

yes, this is what I meant. We already know what happened on the foreign side of the event. But what about the Japanese side? did they say something on their site/blog? are the Japanese otakura happy about this? (still blaming us for their internal mess). Any of the major Japanese anime/eroge site talking about this?

That kind of thing.

Unregistered 2010-04-27 07:57

People are beginning to worry this may be the end for Visual Novel fans in the west. The Japanese companies seem to finally be realising we've been screwing around with their works without permission for so long, and are starting to fight back. The timing of the three Cease and Desists all together seems a little too perfect, I wonder if we are starting to see a coordinated effort from Japan to stop Visual Novels coming to the west.

I think people are being a bit melodramatic when they say that this is "The Death of Visual Novels" and suchlike, but it is certainly scary to see the direction many of the Japanese companies are going in regards to fan translations.

2010-04-27 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65362)
People are beginning to worry this may be the end for Visual Novel fans in the west. The Japanese companies seem to finally be realising we've been screwing around with their works without permission for so long, and are starting to fight back. The timing of the three Cease and Desists all together seems a little too perfect, I wonder if we are starting to see a coordinated effort from Japan to stop Visual Novels coming to the west.

I think people are being a bit melodramatic when they say that this is "The Death of Visual Novels" and suchlike, but it is certainly scary to see the direction many of the Japanese companies are going in regards to fan translations.

I don't think it's the end for VN fans in the west at all. Here, let me open a thread for the lengthy discussion of this that's likely to ensue.