PDA

View Full Version : Full screen VN with a widescreen monitor?

kasuga04
2007-05-09, 14:33
Hi all,

One quick question. Is their anyway to go full screen with a 4:3 ratio VN on a 16:10 monitor without having the image stretch? ie with the black bars on the side. I really want to play them in full screen but I hate the stretched images.

I am running XP Pro.

Thanks in advance :)

-k

Misu
2007-05-09, 18:37
To my knowedlge, you will either need a hardware based solution (typically it's an option within the bios) (it comes decently standard on higher end laptops (and possibly motherboards?)) that will allow you to preserve your aspect ration within widescreen.

I imagine there should be software solutions that would do the same thing. With a little bit of Googling, shouldn't be too hard to find.

But typically no, there is no way for the visual novel/eroge to typically resize itself to a certain aspect ratio that is not the default of your screen.

Roto
2007-05-09, 19:31
On some of the ATI cards I've had, I recall having an option in the ATI-specific section of the controller to set the behavior when using resolutions that didn't match the aspect ratio of my monitor. If your video card provides any extra settings (either in the Displays control panel or in a separate utility program) I'd recommend taking a thorough look through the options there and see if there's any such option.